Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ranger is master race (class)

Love the utility they bring. Sow, snare, DD, bow later. Multidimensional character for being a melee based class. Did a ton of soloing on live too with animal snare and fear back in the day. when you cannot find a group.

But these days I would roll Enchanter all day long. I was watching this dude on P99 on youtube for a while, him soloing a Chanter, and man I never thought that class had so much depth.

Tecmos Deception

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guessing when SoV opens the BFG quest will still be gone?

I want to play a ranger again but I know it would probably be dead last on the want list.

You are correct. It has never been re-instituted on any TLP. The Seaworthy Planking you need in Iceclad does not spawn.

Last edited:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Ranger is master race (class)

Love the utility they bring. Sow, snare, DD, bow later. Multidimensional character for being a melee based class. Did a ton of soloing on live too with animal snare and fear back in the day. when you cannot find a group.

But these days I would roll Enchanter all day long. I was watching this dude on P99 on youtube for a while, him soloing a Chanter, and man I never thought that class had so much depth.

Tecmos Deception

wtf is that on the right side of the guy's screen with the spells?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have a BFG on my main but it would be nice to break it out again and boom go away lol.

Dracula's Crew

Molten Core Raider

I don't actually remember Enchanters being this gifted back on Vallon Zek but because I was 16 years old and didn't understand skillful human abilities.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
His buffs

Its part of the addon hes using for P99. Im sure you can get the same thing on live, probably even better.
oh, the way it's numbered by slot I thought it was some sort of additionally spell bar or something.

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of Rangers, I really regret my decision of playing one and yet I am too stubborn to reroll.

I tanked through 50 as a ranger, wearing a few pieces of rawhide/cloth without a noticable difference vs similarly geared plate wearers (since everyones wearing leather/mail for this anyway). You play like a higher threat paladin, basically. They get a better heal, you cast healing and get threat off a puller just as easily. They get shields, shield block doesnt exist yet, who cares. You get a toolkit that does a lot of work. And fantastic as-necessary threat. And you can dual wield yaks to tank with. Yaks with wulfrenite augments. And dual wield triple attack wolf form.

Dual wield triple attack wolf form is pretty good for what it is. You arent a caster, but youre (secretly, apparently) a fantastic tank.

Having done this all as a paladin before, this is fucking magical, hah. I think the thing I miss most is a root that doesnt deal damage.

And then Luclin and PoP happen and its just silly. Trade the ability to tank some places for massive improvements to kit and damage? K. PoP/LDoN is going to see a crapload of tanks anyway.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kudos

<Banned>
I've already decided I'm making an ENC as my alt. I almost went MAG but I just don't see the point.

• 1Solidarity

ansar

Trakanon Raider
..So druids get groups fine?
**Knock on Wood** I haven't had much trouble finding groups, but it might get harder in the higher levels. I am currently only 15. I pretty much get groups for my ability to heal. I am wondering if I should have created a cleric. Although clerics do get pretty boring.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Traded 5 45-49 Research Hides for Color Shift, Color Skew, Tepid Deeds, Shiftless Deeds and Allure. Needing on all hides is paying off. Haha.

Robnice charges so much, fuck that.

Got to level 48 just after exp bonus ended. Now to actually sleep for 8 hours. Wanted to get 50, but meh, I'm glad I can relax more now. Just need to find someone to go to Hate with.

• 1Like

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Well I have 4 characters going, as usual, being an indecisive jack ass. Shaman, Warrior, SK, Enchanter. All have hit a mini wall at around 14. WTF is wrong with people during this 12-16 level range. I can't get a good group to save my life. Flakes that just wander off to pull, and vanish for 45 minutes straight. Clerics that go take a nap or something. Full group, and me and the enchanter are the only ones who seem to be awake. Ugh, this is why I solo. Solo'd 2 levels on SK while looking for group, and finally get full group, pop the exp potion, and only get a level before I just had to log off in disgust. I honestly almost trained an SG on my own group, because no one was actually playing or responding to chat.

/rant off

edit: This 12-16 should take a couple of hours, not a whole frikken day.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Mur, I am a 12 Enchanter thinking of moving to Upper Guk. We could hook up and get some XP later tonight if you want.

kudos

<Banned>
Here I am. Invite me to a group. I need XP. 46 Rogue.

dorf.PNG

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You guys make me so tempted on playing. I wouldn't mind leveling in lguk and seb(when Kunark opens up) one last time. Fuck..

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I haven't played EQ since I left farming shards for ssra temple, I'm 33 now, I love the social aspect of online gaming still more than ever and pvp is my bread and butter in all games and my main aspect I enjoy, would I enjoy coming back and single boxing, or would I have to run multiple char to enjoy this?

kudos

<Banned>
Shitty fucking tanks. If a pet can backstab THAT MEANS YOU TURN THE MOB AROUND SO IT CAN BE BACKSTABED.