Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You mean "Wavecrasher" for that second picture. Has waves of the deep proc as well.

They mocked me when I bid on that trident in NTOV as an SK. Who's mocking who now, fuckdicks.

No I don't. Emp is 100% MR, Wavecrasher's proc is magic based. Breath of the Sea.

But, you're right. I listed the Siren Song incorrectly.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Bard need to play any specific songs or just run around selos and gather mobs for the party?

Neuad

Trakanon Raider
We found 3 enchanter, 2 wizard, 1 cleric to be a really good comp, with the wizards pulling. We also had an OOG bard for Mana song.

If you replaced 1 of the wizards with a dedicated puller, the single wizard could easily keep up and as long as he's decently geared downtime wouldn't be too bad with bard songs.

For us 3 enchanters seemed to be the sweet spot, but if you position them more carefully then we were to deal with push, 2 is fine.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I think this Shard business should be finished this weekend, only four to go, a then Its AOE time, and then is back to sharding on boxes.

Nate

Molten Core Raider
AoE group is more about skill, particularly the puller, than the group makeup. Puller needs to be using showeq and know how far the mobs will tether to them before going back to their spawn point.

1 wiz, 1 cleric, and 1 mage or druid was plenty dps.

2 enchanters is not optional due to stuns, you need exactly 2, 3 doesnt add anything assuming your 2 are setup correctly. You want them facing towards a wall, pushing towards a single point. Think in the shape of a V.

Any class can pull but cleric, sk, paladin, and bard are the best. I maxed AA as an sk pulling the deep over the course of 2 bonus xp weekends, was easy. Get some out of group boxes and you can do 125+ in a single 4 hour pot + bonus xp

• 1Like

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Cool thanks Nate.

How many viable aoe "camps" per pick?

East side, West side, etc? One group takes all? Just setup camp right by zone lines?

We aren't going to use showeq so will probably take a while to learn what distance leashes

Sterling

El Presidente
Cool thanks Nate.

East side, West side, etc? One group takes all? Just setup camp right by zone lines?

We aren't going to use showeq so will probably take a while to learn what distance leashes
Really just east and west if they're decent AE groups, we even used to do one side in multiple picks sometimes.

• 1Like

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Yea I have 8 60s, 7 with epics. Half with 70+ aas. Not using showeq. I'll have to go at this without skill mane

• 1Barf

Nate

Molten Core Raider
Cool thanks Nate.

I never fucked around much on the THO side of bridge (i guess thats west), but 1 good group can easily do the whole east side. Mobs on the west are higher level and stun resists can wipe you.

We broke the east side of the bridge into 2 pulls - spawns are either 12 or 15 minutes, so we would do all of the north side in 1 pull (positioned at the T intersection that forms a U shaped horseshoe), then train south past the entrance to the middle of the south region, basically running to our spot and pulling at the same time. Have the tank lead and start stunning as soon as you get to your camp. By the time you clear south, theres enough time to run back up north and get positioned/med before respawns.

Ive seen it done in 1 pull using healing at certain key spots to leash the mobs into the group, its a more advanced tactic and i found things more managable and better xp just doing 2 pulls. Expect to have a few wipes none the less... I always said if you arent wiping once in awhile, your pulls are probably shit.

Important to note though that healing and sitting are the best ways to get the mobs into camp and prevent leashing. You need to watch your distance between you and the back of the pack or you'll lose 50%+ of the mobs.

Showeq is necessary so you dont have to fuck with spawn timers, and can tell when you've gotten too far away from your pull and the mobs reset, and to see how many mobs you're missing. When I pulled i would be watching my map on the second monitor as much as I watched my game screen. Its a highly contested camp and if you're competing with other "good" players you can bet your ass they're using it.

m0ve

Trakanon Raider
More cringe:

I was 4 boxing the FG shard (north room) when Ambulam and Browniebite showed up.
Ambulam started the conversation:

ambulam2.PNG

ambulam.PNG

When cryin didnt work, Browniebite tried a different approach.

browniebite.PNG

A few minutes before that, a guildmate told me a FE and a truci tried to train him in the grey, died and then left.
He confirmed it was the same 2, so I invited him to come to FG. Once they saw him they instantly gated out.
No mobs where killed in the meantime, they came to a cleared camp and left shortly before respawn.

Tevinter

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't understand how people run into drama at these shard camps. I did every shard (exception being ssra) entirely duo for my shaman and never had any real issues with people at the camps.

• 1Like