Everquest AMA with Holly Windstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Do you wanna join <Big Dogs>?

My GL BigDog will send the invite. (Any TLP server)

YxxanYxxan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any thoughts on a remastered version of EQ1?

Any chance we will see a more casual TLP with fast xp (no Selos is slow imo) for us casual old timers?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Any thoughts on a remastered version of EQ1?

Any chance we will see a more casual TLP with fast xp (no Selos is slow imo) for us casual old timers?

I like the idea of a remastered version. Good question!

xzi

Mouthbreather
As someone who doesn't play the games I'm curious with EQ1 being a rather old game, is there a focus on gaining new players to the game or is it just being developed with the already-established community in mind?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is anyone helping the low levels level?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
1. Will there ever be a realistic TLP server that follows client AND server changes per timeline - explanation below:
Money had weight in Original, Kunark, Velious, Loose-lin, but lost it's weight in PoP as far as I remember or when Titanium Client arrived.
The UI would be the same way as would be models. I.e. no Loose-lin models before Loose-lin is actually launched.
Same with spells, quests, NPC's and well, everything.

If that ever happens, you can count me in for it, until then, TLP's are sad story of simulated original to live timeline.

• 1Salty

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Do you think the meager profits EQ brings in is worth the continued and repeated harm your game inflicts on a vulnerable section of our society?

It takes one look at this forum, your official forum or in game to note that a very large portion of your game is filled with people who are mentally ill or emotionally unstable. Everquest is a haven for unsocialized outcasts and when you box them together they all begin to take on the traits and mannerism of the "biggest crazy in the room" consider it like a prison when someone goes in for a minor crime and becomes hardened while in prison.

Games like World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Fortnite all have functions in play to stop this antisocial behaviour from happening and to limit its effects upon others. Everquest not only shuns this but seems to embrace this toxic mentality with little to no in game support.

In 2015 a man armed with a Mace viciously beat a woman near to death, He was a known Everquest addict and withdrew from his social life to continue to play more Everquest, in 2011 a couple so addicted to Everquest neglected their children almost to death via starvation. Suicides like Sean Woolley are even more common as well as using Everquests in game currency Krono or ingame items in exhange for hard drugs is also the norm.

From suicides to drug abuse to child abuse Everquest has a known "body count" of broken families and lives.

The release of your most recent TLP servers shows me that Daybreak has no interest in the mental health of it's players by allowing and encouraging these "races" 48-72 hour gaming marathons with little to no sleep and Toxic open world encounters that often time resolves in real life threats of violence and Doxxing.

Will any of this change in the future or will daybreak continue to be complacent.

Thank you,

• 8Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 9 users

Daidraco

There was all kinds of neat stuff in EverQuest that left so much mystery to the game. Like broken Druid Circles. Strange pictures and paintings. Have you ever found code, or things implemented that had a plan that was never fully realized/developed? Things in particular that you really liked?

• 1Like

yerm

Do you think the meager profits EQ brings in is worth the continued and repeated harm your game inflicts on a vulnerable section of our society?

It takes one look at this forum, your official forum or in game to note that a very large portion of your game is filled with people who are mentally ill or emotionally unstable. Everquest is a haven for unsocialized outcasts and when you box them together they all begin to take on the traits and mannerism of the "biggest crazy in the room" consider it like a prison when someone goes in for a minor crime and becomes hardened while in prison.

Games like World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Fortnite all have functions in play to stop this antisocial behaviour from happening and to limit its effects upon others. Everquest not only shuns this but seems to embrace this toxic mentality with little to no in game support.

In 2015 a man armed with a Mace viciously beat a woman near to death, He was a known Everquest addict and withdrew from his social life to continue to play more Everquest, in 2011 a couple so addicted to Everquest neglected their children almost to death via starvation. Suicides like Sean Woolley are even more common as well as using Everquests in game currency Krono or ingame items in exhange for hard drugs is also the norm.

From suicides to drug abuse to child abuse Everquest has a known "body count" of broken families and lives.

The release of your most recent TLP servers shows me that Daybreak has no interest in the mental health of it's players by allowing and encouraging these "races" 48-72 hour gaming marathons with little to no sleep and Toxic open world encounters that often time resolves in real life threats of violence and Doxxing.

Will any of this change in the future or will daybreak continue to be complacent.

Thank you,

Holly,

Everquest and especially these TLP servers have become a haven for people with fairly noticeable mental issues and/or antisocial behavior, while other games seem intent on taking steps to either drive out the least socially adjusted or to desocialize interactions such that players can participate in mass multiplayer style environments without socializing. EQ has taken an opposite approach by both pushing regular tlp launches where human beings will interact in crowded worlds and adding changes to these tlps such as true box code and raid content access via aocs, which further increase social interaction.

Is the above a deliberate effort to create a social atmosphere for the least social of gamers, or just a fortunate but unintended consequence of the TLP style's evolution?

Are any plans in the works to further improve or expand on the awesome socializing benefits this game provides, such as open world gm events, a return to more "play nice" enforced community standards, or just further boxing restrictions?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure the mental health questions will be ignored lol

I'd be way more interested in hearing if there's any undiscovered EQ secrets!

• 1Like

Nniki

Golden Knight of the Realm
Are there any plans for EverQuest to support the Census API?
Are there any plans for a return of the EQ Players website?
Any word on the time and location of the summer fan event... "Fan Faire"?
Are we going to see a continuation of the current expansion's theme in the next expansion? Water and earth Jann plot?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

Is the code of the game still layers upon layers of inscrutable spaghetti code written by people who long departed the company, resulting in veteran players knowing the game's mechanisms better than the devs? It was the case in 2004, so I can't imagine how it is in 2019!

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'm pretty sure the mental health questions will be ignored lol

I'd be way more interested in hearing if there's any undiscovered EQ secrets!

Yeah let's just toss her the same softball question they have gotten since kunark. Good waste of our time retard.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Since this is foh I feel obliged to ask, since no one has..

Tits?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
What is your fondest EverQuest related memory? Be it in game, behind the scenes, or maybe a fan faire?

A huge part of what made early EverQuest amazing was the fact that there were NO instances. You played the game and people knew who was a badass player based off of what they were wearing. While instancing does make it a lot easier for the majority of players, it also removes any sort of competition that was a must in the early stages of the game. I guess that armor tinting played into this as well. None of this was a question, just a statement.

In your opinion, what was the biggest "whoops" that was added to the game? Something, that on paper, was a great addition, but in practice was a huge disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.