Everquest Confessions

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had regular phone sex with a female guildie off and on for a few weeks.. Found out she lived about 2hrs away via plane so booked her a ticket.

Fucked non-stop for about 3-4 days, until it was time for her to go. She immediately broke down into hysterics saying she had a 1yr old and a husband waiting at home and that she would kill herself if I made her go back... Started running to the kitchen to grab a knife and was literally SOBBING. Being the 19yr old asshole I was, I said "Sorry we're about to raid here... taxi is on it's way". Never saw her again in person, but she started the same routine with an officer in California the next week (started off as phone sex, eventually real sex, then ended up moving in with him a month or two later and abandoning her family). Keep in mind this girl was in her early 20's.

Said officer then booted me from the guild and accused me of RMT'ing the guild bank (I wasn't even an officer at the time, no idea how people thought i had access to the guild funds), which I think he ended up selling to afford moving costs to get her down there. I actually shed a tear over this and quit for a few years.

• 4WTF
  • 3Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll give Secrets a little nod and do a small confession for him.

On Agnarr there was a disagreement over something in Ssra mines involving Secrets and the resident Euro guild. Secrets became enraged and gained access to said Euro guild's DKP website and deleted it. He later calmed down and helped them recover the data.

I laughed my ass off at this btw. And that's my confession.

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider

On Agnarr there was a disagreement over something in Ssra mines involving Secrets and the resident Euro guild. Secrets became enraged and gained access to said Euro guild's DKP website and deleted it. He later calmed down and helped them recover the data.

Sounds like something an adult would do.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>

i know you got better than that big boy

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
we once had a server transfer. she was from Japan and barely spoke a word of english. she was a great player though. we were happy to have her. she was at every raid and did what she was supposed to, she was a warrior i think. when PoP came out we rocked a lot of the encounters and were working on Rathe Council. one day we started hearing about the other guild we had been trying to destroy, had began a comeback. mysteriously they were copying our methods for encounters. we thought we had a spy. well we did sort of.

somebody sent us a link in IRC. this jap server transfer had been so happy being in our guild, she started cataloguing all our big raids on her dedicated website. she told all her jap buddies what we were doing and screenshotted our raids step by step. this other guild had somehow found this link and started using our tactics. we asked her wtf she was doing. she said it was customary to share this kind of information or something. well we dumped her and she transferred somewhere else. luckily, she had only catalogued all our doings only up to fennin. when the l33t info stopped, this other guild fell back into chaos. it was pretty funny in hindsight and it was a shame we had to let her go. but this was war.

we also had pulled off somewhat of a coup. we had poached their top puller/monk for raids. he was infamous in our guild for training us during raids, so everyone hated this guy like daggers. but he was one hell of a monk/player. well he had a secret alt cleric and he was interested in joining our guild and leaving this other guild. our GL Koryo thought it was hilarious and he swore us core members to secrecy never ever to tell the rest of the guild who he really was because he would get booted immediately. we needed a good cleric more than we needed more monks. we had like 5. so til the time i retired, he was one of our raid clerics and almost nobody in either guild knew what was going on.

yes we had a guild within a guild. we had core members, people who were at every single raid and on all day every day who knew what was going down, then we had people who only logged in for raids and then logged back out at a certain time. we had to keep secrets from them at times because they would get all butthurt about some of our doings. nothing terrible. but stuff like this certain monk turned cleric would have caused all kinds of drama. no idea if every guild had a core member list, but we did and it helped keep the peace in our ranks.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I used to run a small hacking cartel on veeshan. I did some crazy shit and have no idea how I didn’t get banned. I’d warp under the world in PoP while Japanese guilds were raiding and loot their raid mobs from under the world. It was hilarious because they couldn’t speak English thus had a hard time reporting it.

Also used to train guilds by warping through walls then looting their raid kills.

• 1Mother of God

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
On a previous TLP server our guild was routinely used by a group of 4-5 individuals to gear up then proceed to RMT characters on redguides repeatedly despite efforts to track IPs and whatnot. Eventually after helping to level and epic a new bard app in PoP and decking him out in elemental/lower time gear I was directed to a new Redguides post with a very similar gearset. This bard had shared his info for the purposes of helping him get some epic pieces and rotting gear which we had over the past few weeks, but funny enough... that same info also was the login for his redguides account.

Looking over the history it was pretty evident this guy had been in our guild multiple times before and had sold a character as recently as 2 months back on us. Well I was in a pretty spiteful mood considering we had gone out of our way to help this guy get caught up and leveled, so I proceeded to go to a priest of discord, give all the gear including the 1.0, sac him down to like 47 and left him in a spot where there was no question why his character was in the state it was in when he logged it in again.

Never saw that dude again.

skribbcensored.png
skribbcens2.png

Last edited:
  • 15Worf
  • 7Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 25 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Of all the horrible shit I did on Xegony the most nefarious deed I was accused of I didn’t actually do. I KS’d so many camps, power looted so many items and claimed the common item dropped because there was no loot notifications. Caused endless trains in Lower Guk with my staff of temporal flux,
It would cancel people’s ivu but wouldn’t get rid of the buff so they wouldn’t know. One of my favor things to do was port afk fucks in groups up to hate by /q’ing midcast so they would go for the ride and I’d get left behind. I learned a lot from my first wizard, used all the spoils to make my second wizard and was friendly very social meanwhile loading up the OG and going around stealing camps running amok not giving a fuck. It was so much fun in lower guk /ooc I’m here to steal your loot and then go camp to camp timing spawns making rounds to ks the rares, then they had to patch in aggregate damage and ruin all the fun.

• 1Like

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
On a previous TLP server our guild was routinely used by a group of 4-5 individuals to gear up then proceed to RMT characters on redguides repeatedly despite efforts to track IPs and whatnot. Eventually after helping to level and epic a new bard app in PoP and decking him out in elemental/lower time gear I was directed to a new Redguides post with a very similar gearset. This bard had shared his info for the purposes of helping him get some epic pieces and rotting gear which we had over the past few weeks, but funny enough... that same info also was the login for his redguides account.

Looking over the history it was pretty evident this guy had been in our guild multiple times before and had sold a character as recently as 2 months back on us. Well I was in a pretty spiteful mood considering we had gone out of our way to help this guy get caught up and leveled, so I proceeded to go to a priest of discord, give all the gear including the 1.0, sac him down to like 47 and left him in a spot where there was no question why his character was in the state it was in when he logged it in again.

Never saw that dude again.

View attachment 362429View attachment 362430
I didn't think skillz was capable of playing anything other than a monk or rogue.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So the only time I ever won a FFA arena battle was kinda by cheating.
So there was a guide event called and we were told to gather at the arena zone.
So I got to the arena zone. About 8 other people showed up.
After everyone was there that seemed to be there we were ported to.....the arena?
I remember doing a /w and it said Arena2 or something so an instance basically.

The Guides explained that we couldn't use any Divine Aura effects here. So i'm like..ok wonder why. So before we started I hit DA and at this time it was changed to go into the song window instead of the buff window.

I noticed that it wasn't ticking down. Just stayed at full duration but I think my buffs were still ticking down on time. So the short window buffs weren't ticking down.

Well as a Pally I have several buffs that go into the short buff window and are totally time based.

Including:

Lay on Hands - This used to be a huge instant heal but was changed to be a huge instant heal and then a huge heal over time that went in your song window. Like 15K a tick or something at the time
Hand of Piety AA - Same deal, I think it was like 4k per tick..goes to song window.
Tunare spell - the heal effect went into the song window for 1 tic i think.
Ardent Healing line - Pally HOT that we almost never used because it was crap
Holy Aura - Aura to up healing
Breath of Tunare - 12 points per tick..why not

Then added with AA crit healing for Heal over times

Before we started we were told to buff up as best we could.
I blew everything, even using a HoT potion since it went to song window.

I was damn near unkillable. I was clearly taking damage as the guides saw but it would be healed almost instantly. Being a pally my DPS was shit though as you can imagine. Just 2h my way I broke out the fabled fire spear to get pets to try and kill these guys..just basically ended up assisting others killing others.

Between nullify magic and Righeousness (I think..huge crit aa ability and IJ ( Inquistors judement? - another DD crit aa.) Enough killed each other off till it was just me and a wizzy. Even debuffing via nullify magic didn't debuff my song window. I would also spam clickys to keep buffs around and AA's like like AA yaulp.

I eventually landed a lucky blow on em and won the arena battle. Got some unique (for the time) ornamentation for my win that I don't remember.

So I semi- exploited an arena guide event.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Before summoning was put in I used to pull a griffin or whatever it was in EC and lay waste to the tunnel to alts and semi afk people. People would often pull Sgt. Slate out of the tunnel and then it was go time. Rest of the time I just generally avoided people.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Hah, did nobody notice your Pally was re-genning stupid amounts of health? No complaints? Too funny.

I won the mage best of the best on my server, but only because the only other decent mage summoned food for a spectator before his match, and forgot to swap back to a pet spell (the icon used to be identical)

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

The GM of our guild was probably the best equipped mage on the server. He summoned his epic pet, then it instapoofed because of some odd druid thorns interaction or something, then he got owned by the other mage.

• 1Rustled

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Before summoning was put in I used to pull a griffin or whatever it was in EC and lay waste to the tunnel to alts and semi afk people. People would often pull Sgt. Slate out of the tunnel and then it was go time. Rest of the time I just generally avoided people.

I used to train Rinna Lightshadow, some kind of GM Cleric to the tunnel, wait at the NRo zone line for her to almost reach me then zone out, zone back in and watch her Roflstomp any evil character she encountered on the way out.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider

Damn, that make my calling them Eurofags and telling them that I hope they get raped to death by Muslims look tame.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I used to train Rinna Lightshadow, some kind of GM Cleric to the tunnel, wait at the NRo zone line for her to almost reach me then zone out, zone back in and watch her Roflstomp any evil character she encountered on the way out.
Abacab used to do that on P99 and I thought it was the funniest shit ever

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hah, did nobody notice your Pally was re-genning stupid amounts of health? No complaints? Too funny.

I won the mage best of the best on my server, but only because the only other decent mage summoned food for a spectator before his match, and forgot to swap back to a pet spell (the icon used to be identical)

I won my server Ranger because it was done on patch day on our server and the servers crashed and crashed and I think they rolled back at least once. It was a true shitfest and by the time the GM got it started only 2 of us were left. I quit that server shortly after and started over on a new server.

I had a serious don't give a shit attitude. In groups and every so often in raids I'd get the red ass and equip a fayguard parrying dagger (I think that's what it was, did a small AOE) and bust mez out and watch everyone wipe and complain to all the casters.

Last edited: