Everquest Confessions

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
You cant be serious.
LoL, I'm serious, I never in my entire life had anyone or anything talk about guano... yes.

Everquest had ALL sorts of made up weird words and names (Hello Shai'Din...wtf does that mean really? Multiply by 1,000,000 heh)... most of the time we just cared about our stats and loot and numbers etc etc, so I assumed 'guano' was just yet another weird made up word in the realm of made up words like shissar, ykesha, miragul etc etc... but yep... guano was a real-world derived odd thing that made it's way in there... I think it's hilarious. They had a goblin there whose job it was to scoop up the batshit in SolB at bats. LoL~

...Large Soiled Bag Hahah

Oh and, I never played WoW, so there's that too. Maybe that fact can put other things into perspective about things that I may not understand concerning this community.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LoL, I'm serious, I never in my entire life had anyone or anything talk about guano... yes.

Everquest had ALL sorts of made up weird words and names (Hello Shai'Din...wtf does that mean really? Multiply by 1,000,000 heh)... most of the time we just cared about our stats and loot and numbers etc etc, so I assumed 'guano' was just yet another weird made up word in the realm of made up words like shissar, ykesha, miragul etc etc... but yep... guano was a real-world derived odd thing that made it's way in there... I think it's hilarious. They had a goblin there whose job it was to scoop up the batshit in SolB at bats. LoL~

...Large Soiled Bag Hahah

Oh and, I never played WoW, so there's that too. Maybe that fact can put other things into perspective about things that I may not understand concerning this community.
Shai'din is Hebrew for what equates to English as Law Giver. In other words, some of the time they actually tried to look for a reference point to name stuff. But at other times you had shit that was xxxklhxlkxx't and that made no fucking sense - so I see your point.
the-more-you-know.gif

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Ya'll are a bunch of nerd faggots.

Guano was intregal to the plot of Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls and that's the only valid reason anyone should have for knowing about it

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
my original morrell Thule character was a female wood elf Druid. I made it a female to check it out whenever I wanted to but then ended up getting favors from people for being a wood elf hunny and I let it ride

it got a little out of hand because before I knew it I was picking up sugar daddies and even got married once or twice for the platinum rings and then dipped out within a week or two. I dont know what the fuck I was thinking but it sure was easier than having to farm shit or do ports. After a pretty short while I had to nope the fuck out on it cause it got weird quick.

I guess word never got out that much because I was so autistic at that age I pretty much just quadded spirocs alone. wood elf druids are the original thots -- change my mind

When I was 14 in 1997, I met a girl in a game called Terris. She was cool and seemed into me and kept wanting to group up. After a few weeks of me giving her stuff and us grouping up religiously, one day she just abruptly broke things off with an "I'm not into you anymore" spiel and never talked to me again. Was like the second time ever that a girl showed any interest in me so that was kinda lame.

...now I'm wondering if it was you

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Nightmare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Remember the pre-server login chat? Well, the GMs were lazy. You could just send a message to one and be like.. Hey, I can't log into my character, it must be stuck, can you boot it from the server? Hand them any character name and they'd boot it 90% of the time without checking that it was actually yours.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
When I was 14 in 1997, I met a girl in a game called Terris. She was cool and seemed into me and kept wanting to group up. After a few weeks of me giving her stuff and us grouping up religiously, one day she just abruptly broke things off with an "I'm not into you anymore" spiel and never talked to me again. Was like the second time ever that a girl showed any interest in me so that was kinda lame.

nope wasnt my name on there

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lol gfay is as moronic as ec.

North Freeport is the only way. Only Veeshan and maybe 1 other server was smart enough to use North Freeport for trading. I feel bad for all the scrubs that traded in EC back in the day. How awful.

North freeport was vibrant and amazing. It felt like a real city. You had all the evils in the sewers, and they'd crawl through to north freeport from the sewer entrance in west freeport. People loved killing orcs in commonlands for Knights of Truth faction.

There were tons of hangout areas in North Freeport, and there were several static spawn camps for leveling while you were trading too. I got rich while camping the Barb shaman epic spawn in NFP for weeks. Several lowbie/mid level camps as well.

You'd have cliques in back of the Jade Inn, you'd have cliques near the halfling merchant grass area. You'd have Enchanters working in the Jewelcrafting building. You'd have people killing guards and other npc's. You had the cool kids that found ways onto the roofs. You had edgelords training the bankers. And west freeport was super vibrant as a result as well, and you'd have people fighting in the arena all day. It was beautiful. A truly, vibrant city and wonderful trading hub.

Commons and gfay are pure absolute unadulterated trash in comparison. People have nostalgia and fond memories for them for obvious reasons, but you really have no idea how inferior your experience was to trading in North Freeport.

Changing Freeport was the single worst decision EQ devs ever made.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I have an EQ Confession that spills into the real world. Again, it involves a girl and me being a jackass.

So when I was 19, I met this girl in EQ who was 17. Yeah, don't arrest me officer, etc. She was a very good player, and an awesome person, nice to everyone, talented, and interesting. I was almost surprised when I talked to her on the phone and she was a real girl with a really cute voice.

We started playing together like all the time, exchanging pictures, etc. She was stunningly cute IRL and she thought I was handsome. Over a few months I think I really fell for this chick, I'd run home from work and get on EQ to hang out with her and talk about stuff until like midnight every night. One time she sent me a picture of herself reclining in lingerie and said "have fun with this" after which I rubbed one out 3x in a row to her and her perfect, heaving 17 year old breasts. Yes without stopping. Even at 19 that was a testament to how into her I was. We had about an 800 mile distance between us but it was nothing insurmountable once she turned 18. I would have probably driven to the moon to be with her.

You might expect that this is where it somehow turns out to be a catfish, or maybe that I went there and got shot by her parents. No, it's dumber than all of that.

She had a high school ex-boyfriend who she'd broken things off with months prior and he was devastated, basically begging her to take him back. She was confused and didn't know what to do, but he was stopping by her house every day, her parents felt bad for him, and so on. So she took him back. Which messed with my head a lot because I was making plans to go out there and everything. She wanted to keep being friends and said there was a pretty good chance they weren't going to work out (again) and that she wasn't ruling me out.

Instead of having some chill about it, I went full no-chill, wasn't going to wait around and be her backup plan. Which is probably the right course of action a lot of the time, but not here. She was young and feeling confused, and I was so "leave me alone" to her about the whole thing that she ended up just getting depressed.

So I basically stopped taking her phone calls, and when I'd see her in EQ on raids and stuff (we were guilded) I'd say mean shit to her like telling her she wasn't any good at the game and asking if she'd dumped her boyfriend yet. At one point I actually trained her in a zone and laughed about it when she gradually got overwhelmed and couldn't keep up on all the mobs coming in, as good of a player as she was. I seriously flipped a switch and treated her like some kind of enemy guild or something. Like in retrospect I almost can't believe I acted like that to a girl who liked me and was a decent person.

After a few weeks of me being a total jackass, she slowly stopped showing up in the game altogether. I want to re-iterate that I was 19 and not the least bit mature about anything. She was probably a lot more mature than me as a matter of fact. She stopped playing EQ and shortly after that so did I (for a few years). She broke up with the other guy again a few months later, but didn't want to get together with me anymore because of how I'd acted, so that was that.

I really lost out on a prize with that one, all because I had to be a jackass to her in the game all the time until she quit. The kicker in all of this is, she was friends with another guy in EQ (who she met after me) and he was there for her during her breakup. She ended up moving after she turned 18 to live with that guy from EQ, and they basically had sex all the time as I understand it because he was helping her "explore her sexuality". She thought she might be bi for a while, so for a time they got this other cute girl into their relationship for 3-ways and the lesbianism, and it was "pretty hot" according to her. Which is like my dream relationship, lawl. Ever since then I've been wanting something like that and never got it.

She told me all of this like five years later when we caught up, but by then we were even further apart (geographically and emotionally) and nothing was happening. Plus I was with someone else.

TLDR, I should have been out meeting real girls at 19 instead of playing EQ, but I was an addict like everyone else was in that era. Lucked into meeting a really hot girl in game, then fucked it up by being a drama queen, and missed an opportunity to have copious amounts of raunchy group sex with a girl I had seriously strong feelings about as well. I got together with a different chick during that time (a very athletic martial artist) and we had a nice relationship for a while, but I definitely missed out by not getting together with the perfect-breasted, sexuality-exploring chick.

• 2Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 4 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I have an EQ Confession that spills into the real world. Again, it involves a girl and me being a jackass.

So when I was 19, I met this girl in EQ who was 17. Yeah, don't arrest me officer, etc. She was a very good player, and an awesome person, nice to everyone, talented, and interesting. I was almost surprised when I talked to her on the phone and she was a real girl with a really cute voice.

We started playing together like all the time, exchanging pictures, etc. She was stunningly cute IRL and she thought I was handsome. Over a few months I think I really fell for this chick, I'd run home from work and get on EQ to hang out with her and talk about stuff until like midnight every night. One time she sent me a picture of herself reclining in lingerie and said "have fun with this" after which I rubbed one out 3x in a row to her and her perfect, heaving 17 year old breasts. Yes without stopping. Even at 19 that was a testament to how into her I was. We had about an 800 mile distance between us but it was nothing insurmountable once she turned 18. I would have probably driven to the moon to be with her.

You might expect that this is where it somehow turns out to be a catfish, or maybe that I went there and got shot by her parents. No, it's dumber than all of that.

She had a high school ex-boyfriend who she'd broken things off with months prior and he was devastated, basically begging her to take him back. She was confused and didn't know what to do, but he was stopping by her house every day, her parents felt bad for him, and so on. So she took him back. Which messed with my head a lot because I was making plans to go out there and everything. She wanted to keep being friends and said there was a pretty good chance they weren't going to work out (again) and that she wasn't ruling me out.

Instead of having some chill about it, I went full no-chill, wasn't going to wait around and be her backup plan. Which is probably the right course of action a lot of the time, but not here. She was young and feeling confused, and I was so "leave me alone" to her about the whole thing that she ended up just getting depressed.

So I basically stopped taking her phone calls, and when I'd see her in EQ on raids and stuff (we were guilded) I'd say mean shit to her like telling her she wasn't any good at the game and asking if she'd dumped her boyfriend yet. At one point I actually trained her in a zone and laughed about it when she gradually got overwhelmed and couldn't keep up on all the mobs coming in, as good of a player as she was. I seriously flipped a switch and treated her like some kind of enemy guild or something. Like in retrospect I almost can't believe I acted like that to a girl who liked me and was a decent person.

After a few weeks of me being a total jackass, she slowly stopped showing up in the game altogether. I want to re-iterate that I was 19 and not the least bit mature about anything. She was probably a lot more mature than me as a matter of fact. She stopped playing EQ and shortly after that so did I (for a few years). She broke up with the other guy again a few months later, but didn't want to get together with me anymore because of how I'd acted, so that was that.

I really lost out on a prize with that one, all because I had to be a jackass to her in the game all the time until she quit. The kicker in all of this is, she was friends with another guy in EQ (who she met after me) and he was there for her during her breakup. She ended up moving after she turned 18 to live with that guy from EQ, and they basically had sex all the time as I understand it because he was helping her "explore her sexuality". She thought she might be bi for a while, so for a time they got this other cute girl into their relationship for 3-ways and the lesbianism, and it was "pretty hot" according to her. Which is like my dream relationship, lawl. Ever since then I've been wanting something like that and never got it.

She told me all of this like five years later when we caught up, but by then we were even further apart (geographically and emotionally) and nothing was happening. Plus I was with someone else.

TLDR, I should have been out meeting real girls at 19 instead of playing EQ, but I was an addict like everyone else was in that era. Lucked into meeting a really hot girl in game, then fucked it up by being a drama queen, and missed an opportunity to have copious amounts of raunchy group sex with a girl I had seriously strong feelings about as well. I got together with a different chick during that time (a very athletic martial artist) and we had a nice relationship for a while, but I definitely missed out by not getting together with the perfect-breasted, sexuality-exploring chick.
This is why this thread exists

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Thanks for the daily reminder that I'm old. 1997 was nearly 30.

• 1Mic Drop
  • 1Worf

Nightmare

First character I played was a wood elf druid. First group of people I joined at orc hill were a small group of friends. 2 females and a male. We will call them female A and B. Female A was dating the male. The male, (we'll call him Dave) and I became really good friends. Both of the females were both super flirty.. with everyone. They hammed it up all the time, you know how it goes. Time goes on, we all level up pre-kunark, Female A and Dave have been together for a long time, they all live close to each other. Over the span of a couple months after Kunark came out something happened. Dave stopped showing up, Female A and B were still playing a lot. We all used to play together while on the phone and shit. Female A's mother was an exec at a large telecom company so she could 3 way call us all in for free. Female A started coming onto me a lot, calling a lot more, I would always ask her about Dave and what he was up to. She would always kinda skirt around the question.

This is where shit goes sideways. I got curious and was able to "acquire" her AIM logs to try to find out what happened to Dave. I found all kinds of crazy shit. This girl was hitting up like 15 different dudes getting plat and gear. Female B was too but not nearly as successful. Apparently Dave found out, got mad at her and it ended up with her breaking up with him over flirting/cybering with EQ players for gear. He got super depressed and stopped playing. Even female B was a little iffy on the lengths female A was going to. Then it finally happened. She sent me pics and starting in on me hardcore. My bromance was too stronk with Dave and she didn't know I had the logs of her doing it with other people so I'd make excuses to not have time yadda yadda.

While looking in her logs I saw that there were 2 guys she was talking to that she would go meet up with. Turns out they were Dave's RL friends from around the area. Then I found something rather shocking. Logs of them talking about what they had done the other night in female A's walk in closet and how the two guys really wanted to see the video they made and she's talking about sending it to them via email. WTF a video, and it's on her PC?!?!?

I put myself to the task. This is Windows 98/XP era so it wasn't difficult to get full read/write access to someone's PC remotely. It didn't take long to find the raw video, it looks like it was recorded on betamax then ported to her PC. I got it downloaded, found the right player.. Holy shit... It's a video of her giving 2 of Dave's so called good friends blowjobs in her closet as revenge against him. wwwttffffffff....

At this point I'm thinking she's an actual psychopath. Who the fuck does this shit over EQ pixels?

Anyways, I was also able to get Dave's info. I get ahold of him and tell him everything. He was.. not.. shocked. He filled me in on some other stuff. Basically this girl was a giant cunt and would do anything for her benefit no matter what and it really all came out in playing EQ, even female B has stopped being around her so much.

I got permission from Dave to go nuclear with my collected info. I get all my good logs, the video, and I write up a history of what I know without giving away how I got the info or who I was. Then I sent all of it to her mother, the telecom executive.

I heard from Dave a couple weeks later. He said her mom kicked her out of the house and he had no idea where she went or what else happened.

Over 5 years later I finally spoke to her again. Like a true retard I wanted her to know it was me. So we spoke and caught up on things. She said she got kicked out of the house, moved in with a friend near by (I assume female B??) but ended up moving in with a random guy at a university. She talked about how hard life had been. Then I hit her with it. I don't remember exactly what I said but something along the lines of "Whatever happened with your closet adventures with Dave's two friends?" It all must have clicked for her then. She only said, very calmly.. "....Fuck you, you ruined my life". Then she was gone.

I haven't heard from her or seen any evidence of her online since. That was 17 years ago.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Mother of God
  • 2Wow!
Reactions: 9 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
First character I played was a wood elf druid. First group of people I joined at orc hill were a small group of friends. 2 females and a male. We will call them female A and B. Female A was dating the male. The male, (we'll call him Dave) and I became really good friends. Both of the females were both super flirty.. with everyone. They hammed it up all the time, you know how it goes. Time goes on, we all level up pre-kunark, Female A and Dave have been together for a long time, they all live close to each other. Over the span of a couple months after Kunark came out something happened. Dave stopped showing up, Female A and B were still playing a lot. We all used to play together while on the phone and shit. Female A's mother was an exec at a large telecom company so she could 3 way call us all in for free. Female A started coming onto me a lot, calling a lot more, I would always ask her about Dave and what he was up to. She would always kinda skirt around the question.

This is where shit goes sideways. I got curious and was able to "acquire" her AIM logs to try to find out what happened to Dave. I found all kinds of crazy shit. This girl was hitting up like 15 different dudes getting plat and gear. Female B was too but not nearly as successful. Apparently Dave found out, got mad at her and it ended up with her breaking up with him over flirting/cybering with EQ players for gear. He got super depressed and stopped playing. Even female B was a little iffy on the lengths female A was going to. Then it finally happened. She sent me pics and starting in on me hardcore. My bromance was too stronk with Dave and she didn't know I had the logs of her doing it with other people so I'd make excuses to not have time yadda yadda.

While looking in her logs I saw that there were 2 guys she was talking to that she would go meet up with. Turns out they were Dave's RL friends from around the area. Then I found something rather shocking. Logs of them talking about what they had done the other night in female A's walk in closet and how the two guys really wanted to see the video they made and she's talking about sending it to them via email. WTF a video, and it's on her PC?!?!?

I put myself to the task. This is Windows 98/XP era so it wasn't difficult to get full read/write access to someone's PC remotely. It didn't take long to find the raw video, it looks like it was recorded on betamax then ported to her PC. I got it downloaded, found the right player.. Holy shit... It's a video of her giving 2 of Dave's so called good friends blowjobs in her closet as revenge against him. wwwttffffffff....

At this point I'm thinking she's an actual psychopath. Who the fuck does this shit over EQ pixels?

Anyways, I was also able to get Dave's info. I get ahold of him and tell him everything. He was.. not.. shocked. He filled me in on some other stuff. Basically this girl was a giant cunt and would do anything for her benefit no matter what and it really all came out in playing EQ, even female B has stopped being around her so much.

I got permission from Dave to go nuclear with my collected info. I get all my good logs, the video, and I write up a history of what I know without giving away how I got the info or who I was. Then I sent all of it to her mother, the telecom executive.

I heard from Dave a couple weeks later. She said her mom kicked her out of the house and she had no idea where she went or what else happened.

Over 5 years later I finally spoke to her again. Like a true retard I wanted her to know it was me. So we spoke and caught up on things. She said she got kicked out of the house, moved in with a friend near by (I assume female B??) but ended up moving in with a random guy at a university. She talked about how hard life had been. Then I hit her with it. I don't remember exactly what I said but something along the lines of "Whatever happened with your closet adventures with Dave's two friends?" It all must have clicked for her then. She only said, very calmly.. "....Fuck you, you ruined my life". Then she was gone.

I haven't heard from her or seen any evidence of her online since. That was 17 years ago.

This reads like a creepypasta where you're the villain.

I've never jacked anyone's AIM logs or known how to, but I did get access to the officer board of a guild I was in once. Officers + clique members had access, but not us peasants. They had an entire thread dedicated to talking shit about me because I never shut up about my epic fights (this was Velious era). Some of the officers were in there defending me, like "leave the guy alone, he's trying to improve his DPS and you guys are doing nothing for him".

The raid leader in particular got really pissed about the whole thing. At one point the officers/clique were complaining about me coming back and bidding on a random mob raid drop that happened right after I'd left the raid. Of course, in game, no one said a peep, but on the thread devoted to me on the officer board, they were SEETHING that I had the gall to come back and bid. The raid leader absolutely flipped out on them, like "he was here farming with us for HOURS and an item finally dropped that he could use, literally one minute after he left the raid, what the fuck is the problem"

Once I saw all this shit I was ready to tell everyone off and bail. However the raid leader beat me to it, and started a new guild. Most of the officers and clique stayed in the old one, all the quality players went to the new one, raid leader said I was more than welcome. We immediately passed up the old guild when we were able to kill Klandicar and they couldn't anymore. Unfortunately the new guild broke up after a couple months because we just didn't have the numbers to move past the tier we were on, the EToV/Zland/Kland type tier. I finally got my epic done in the new guild at least, took us all of 20 minutes to down the couple targets I'd been needing for weeks.

From that point on I was a lot less trusting of guild leaderships and cliques, but I also learned that whining and bitching about gear and epic fights doesn't win you fans. I was 17, to be fair.

• 1Like

Nightmare

This reads like a creepypasta where you're the villain.
Hence the "confession". Hind sight being 20/20 it was probably taken too far. As far as getting access to peoples PCs back then. It was stupid easy. If you could get someone's IP, like during a direct connect on AIM to share pics. You could literally just search their IP using the windows search function and it would show they're PC as a network drive basically with full read/write access.

I was able to sidestep a lot of bullshit with that knowledge as a teenager.

• 1Like

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
In College I was in a raid guild (Seeds of Destruction era) and a bunch of us shit talked this one dude constantly because we all thought he was boxing two toons on the raid and did a really shitty job boxing one of them. At one point I was shit talking him in /group while on a raid and did not realize that the two dudes were actually IN MY GROUP and flipped out about it.

He made a big post on our forums and it turned out that the dude was just playing EQ and bringing his buddy along who was either legit retarded or handicapped in some way, I forget how. But all this dude wanted to do was play EQ with his buddy and occasionally come on raids (he wasn't really taking a bunch of loot or anything). I still feel shitty about it some 10 years later.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I caused some wierd drama for having a ventrilo server.

This was back in 2005-06 and I joined this guild that did occasional raids in Anguish. So the officers 5 or 6 of them were really clicky. Which was fine. I was just a grouper that didn't raid much but would help out when I was on and could fill a slot if needed.

Anyway they wouldn't let anyone else join their vent server. My guess is because Vent would give you a low amount of people on a server for free and they weren't paying for it.

Well I decided I would pay for one for anyone in the guild that wanted to join. I think I got one for 24. Made different channels for grouping etc. Before long we were hitting the cap and I bought one for I think 40ish. Well what happened is kinda obvious. People were in my vent server and if they were grouping with the officers they would join as well. Well the GL didn't like this for whatever reason. If the officers were in my vent with a group they wouldn't be in the GL's vent I guess? Well this caused drama because stupid I guess. Somehow I was accused of dividing the guild by providing this service. I think it was really the GL just didn't want his officers in my vent because they would say shit and anyone could join any channel. I didn't make anything locked like officer only chat or anything. My reasoning was they had their own chat for that shit.

If you're in a group doing something talking and the GL wants you to come to "his vent to talk" it's an inconvenience to say the least. You're in a group doing shit..so some things definitely got said by the officers since it wasn't in a contained environment and stuff kind of got out of control .

I highly suspect that the GL didn't get one for the guild for monetary reasons which was fine but it caused a bit of a rift for awhile between the regular members and officers and even the GL and officers.

Also for the raids we did when we did them, lots of the guild would join my vent and the officers would have to go in the GL's. I remember saying that was fucking stupid and one of the officers saying that the GL would dock them DKP or something dumb if they didn't go over.

Eventually I think they forced him to see reason because we got in a rut in Anguish for a bit as we would get stuck on Warden or Vangl and the coordination would help out. I never did make an passworded channel for officers or whatever. Fuck that they had their own officer only chat to use if they wanted too I'm sure. If they were all in a group channel together I never joined them..but I'm sure that didn't stop others from doing that.

Maybe it was a control thing. Maybe I was seen as trying to take over the guild somehow? People get a little bit of "power" and they get weird about shit and when it's perceived as challenging that or being removed..watch out.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

This was back in 2005-06 and I joined this guild that did occasional raids in Anguish. So the officers 5 or 6 of them were really clicky. Which was fine. I was just a grouper that didn't raid much but would help out when I was on and could fill a slot if needed.

Anyway they wouldn't let anyone else join their vent server. My guess is because Vent would give you a low amount of people on a server for free and they weren't paying for it.

Well I decided I would pay for one for anyone in the guild that wanted to join. I think I got one for 24. Made different channels for grouping etc. Before long we were hitting the cap and I bought one for I think 40ish. Well what happened is kinda obvious. People were in my vent server and if they were grouping with the officers they would join as well. Well the GL didn't like this for whatever reason. If the officers were in my vent with a group they wouldn't be in the GL's vent I guess? Well this caused drama because stupid I guess. Somehow I was accused of dividing the guild by providing this service. I think it was really the GL just didn't want his officers in my vent because they would say shit and anyone could join any channel. I didn't make anything locked like officer only chat or anything. My reasoning was they had their own chat for that shit.

If you're in a group doing something talking and the GL wants you to come to "his vent to talk" it's an inconvenience to say the least. You're in a group doing shit..so some things definitely got said by the officers since it wasn't in a contained environment and stuff kind of got out of control .

I highly suspect that the GL didn't get one for the guild for monetary reasons which was fine but it caused a bit of a rift for awhile between the regular members and officers and even the GL and officers.

Also for the raids we did when we did them, lots of the guild would join my vent and the officers would have to go in the GL's. I remember saying that was fucking stupid and one of the officers saying that the GL would dock them DKP or something dumb if they didn't go over.

Eventually I think they forced him to see reason because we got in a rut in Anguish for a bit as we would get stuck on Warden or Vangl and the coordination would help out. I never did make an passworded channel for officers or whatever. Fuck that they had their own officer only chat to use if they wanted too I'm sure. If they were all in a group channel together I never joined them..but I'm sure that didn't stop others from doing that.

Maybe it was a control thing. Maybe I was seen as trying to take over the guild somehow? People get a little bit of "power" and they get weird about shit and when it's perceived as challenging that or being removed..watch out.
This shit happens to this very day in Discord channels. Its fucking obnoxiously childish. It takes all of 5 seconds to switch to a different voice group in different channels. But people get butt hurt about having your own or not being in there fancy little channel with annoying ass bots and them having some kind of power to decide who can be flagged and who cant. This is in my top 10 gripes when leading or being an officer in a guild and having to deal with this shit.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist

A lot of people are super insecure about any amount of power. Petty tyrants for sure.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Hence the "confession". Hind sight being 20/20 it was probably taken too far. As far as getting access to peoples PCs back then. It was stupid easy. If you could get someone's IP, like during a direct connect on AIM to share pics. You could literally just search their IP using the windows search function and it would show they're PC as a network drive basically with full read/write access.

I was able to sidestep a lot of bullshit with that knowledge as a teenager.

No fucking way lol.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
He made a big post on our forums and it turned out that the dude was just playing EQ and bringing his buddy along who was either legit retarded or handicapped in some way, I forget how. But all this dude wanted to do was play EQ with his buddy and occasionally come on raids (he wasn't really taking a bunch of loot or anything). I still feel shitty about it some 10 years later.

To be fair legit retards can often be indistinguishable from your typical Everquest player. Easy mistake to make.