Everquest Confessions

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LOL I just saw this thread!

I was on Rallos Zek in like 1999-2000 ish but I figured out about deleveling and keeping my stats.

I had a level 30 toon so I twinked myself out and leveled up to 10? and deleveled to 5 where I could kill level 1s where they spawned into the game.

I had a bow that could 1 shot (max hit 20) lvl 1s and I camped the steamfont gnome spawn ground. I stole everyone's shoes and had a collection of 1000's

I was the original griefer and people that played RZ as a gnome in those days would remember me. I camped the zone for months!

I cost verant 1000's of subs
LOL

I was Barf on RZ and SZ. I rolled a human warrior in Qeynos on RZ.

Some guy was in shout saying “stop stop”. Near the zoneline North Qeynos/South Qeynos there was this guy being picked on by a human monk. He kept zoning back in forth to catch this poor wretch. So I did what any blind Rallos Zek human warrior would do. I waited in south for the welp and the monk waited in the north as we played a game of whack of mole on this poor noob as he zoned in and out. I helped the monk beat the shit out of him.

I’m pretty sure he gave me an Eve Axe from his main for helping him. We hanged like bros all weekend together laughing and killing noobs. That eve axe at lvl 2 was super OP. Also no one could loot it. We’d wait outside qeynos hills near WK robbing fools. It was amazing.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Then shortly after EQ died Graffes and The Safehouse turned into these absolutely bizarre Far Left extremist communites. It seemed like it happened overnight but I guess it probably took years. I wonder if those shitholes are still around

Yup.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I’m so grateful that I got to live through the early days of MMOs and the culture surrounding it, toxicity and all. I chased the magic of UO/EQ for a long time and I eventually realized that even if EQ3 somehow emerged as a successful endeavor, I can never relive the magic of being 21-24 and living in the golden age of the original EQ trilogy and all the trimmings around it. I spent so many hours either playing EQ or reading about EQ and the drama around it.

I loved Safehouse and Shaman’s Crucible and EQLizer

It reminds me about how grateful I am to have been a child and seeing the original Star Wars trilogy in theaters and living through the cultural phenomena that that was.

I’m not sure that lightning in a bottle can ever be recaptured for me and it’s a little disheartening at times because I’m almost positive it never will be again.

I loved the forums. Hard to believe I’ve been around FoH forums for almost 20 years or whatever it has been. 05er’s was 18 years ago. Jesus Fuck.

I’ll cross-post this in the Existential Crisis/You Know You

Fucking 05'ers man!!!

I kid I kid. I can't even remember what year I joined the 1st version of the forums o_O Sucks getting old!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
- Sold my account a few times for $$$, would wait a few days then put in a ticket claiming I was hacked and get the account back. Catch and release. After the 4th time though the GM told me my account was going to be flagged and they weren't going to restore my account anymore.

- Used the 2" finger bone exploit to crash zones in early Kunark. That was one patched pretty quick though.

- Standard ShowEQ abuse. Favorite thing about it was it would show hidden guides/GM's so you always knew when it was time to leave if you were exploiting pathing. Had some other wizard try to steal my EE camp in Gorge of King Xorbb. Reported him for pathing abuse, then gated out as soon as I saw a character zone in that didn't show up on /who. Came back 15 minutes later to an empty camp. Fuck him.

- Using levitate to push people who were afk in PoK over water and then let them drown. Doing the same with traders in the bazaar to push them into the arena and kill them if they were selling competing goods.

- When they added those weird mods in Planes of Power? Affliction 4 was super hard to get for Necro's. You needed to kill Flayed Horrors for their blood during the boss raid event in Plane of Torment when you get swallowed by the thing. I figured out how to use invuln/FD to get in there and farmed the shit out of them. Absolutely crashed the market for it. When I started they were selling for 500kpp. I made like 15 million platinum over the course of a week and eventually I couldn't even give them away. I posted a guide on how to farm it on some forum, maybe even this one. Got sent hate tells by people on several other servers who had parked characters there and had been milking it who suddenly had tons of competition.

- As a wizard, I 'roleplayed' hating druids and would grief them whenever I saw any. Running packs of mobs into them while they were kiting, over-writing their snare with low level versions of wizard snare, just flat out kill-stealing them with Ice Comet or whatever. GM eventually asked me to stop but gave me the "Druidbane" title in exchange.

- Which is hilarious because I started sleeping with a druid from our guild not long after that. Turns out she was married so had to put a stop to that. Whoops. Also slept with a one legged bard. There was also some single mom in the last guild I was in, Eternal Wrath. She had slept with half the guild though iirc so when it was my turn I opted for just head. Got my character married in game to a woman who would send me gifts in RL. She ended up divorcing her husband and wanted me to come live with her. I was 20 at the time and she was like, upper 40's? There was a lot of sex going on in EverQuest, especially on Cazic Thule.

- When I got invited to join the WoW level 19 Alliance alpha, I realized EQ was dead and put my account up for sale one last time. Got offered something like 300 bucks for it, which was a far cry from the ~$1000+ I'd been selling it for just a few years prior. Took the money then contacted customer support and told them I'd been hacked again. Turns out the GM had lied (or there's a timeout on account notes or whatever) and I got the account back again. Uninstalled and have never looked back.

• 4Edgelord
  • 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
- Sold my account a few times for $$$, would wait a few days then put in a ticket claiming I was hacked and get the account back. Catch and release. After the 4th time though the GM told me my account was going to be flagged and they weren't going to restore my account anymore.

- Used the 2" finger bone exploit to crash zones in early Kunark. That was one patched pretty quick though.

- Standard ShowEQ abuse. Favorite thing about it was it would show hidden guides/GM's so you always knew when it was time to leave if you were exploiting pathing. Had some other wizard try to steal my EE camp in Gorge of King Xorbb. Reported him for pathing abuse, then gated out as soon as I saw a character zone in that didn't show up on /who. Came back 15 minutes later to an empty camp. Fuck him.

- Using levitate to push people who were afk in PoK over water and then let them drown. Doing the same with traders in the bazaar to push them into the arena and kill them if they were selling competing goods.

- When they added those weird mods in Planes of Power? Affliction 4 was super hard to get for Necro's. You needed to kill Flayed Horrors for their blood during the boss raid event in Plane of Torment when you get swallowed by the thing. I figured out how to use invuln/FD to get in there and farmed the shit out of them. Absolutely crashed the market for it. When I started they were selling for 500kpp. I made like 15 million platinum over the course of a week and eventually I couldn't even give them away. I posted a guide on how to farm it on some forum, maybe even this one. Got sent hate tells by people on several other servers who had parked characters there and had been milking it who suddenly had tons of competition.

- As a wizard, I 'roleplayed' hating druids and would grief them whenever I saw any. Running packs of mobs into them while they were kiting, over-writing their snare with low level versions of wizard snare, just flat out kill-stealing them with Ice Comet or whatever. GM eventually asked me to stop but gave me the "Druidbane" title in exchange.

- Which is hilarious because I started sleeping with a druid from our guild not long after that. Turns out she was married so had to put a stop to that. Whoops. Also slept with a one legged bard. There was also some single mom in the last guild I was in, Eternal Wrath. She had slept with half the guild though iirc so when it was my turn I opted for just head. Got my character married in game to a woman who would send me gifts in RL. She ended up divorcing her husband and wanted me to come live with her. I was 20 at the time and she was like, upper 40's? There was a lot of sex going on in EverQuest, especially on Cazic Thule.

- When I got invited to join the WoW level 19 Alliance alpha, I realized EQ was dead and put my account up for sale one last time. Got offered something like 300 bucks for it, which was a far cry from the ~$1000+ I'd been selling it for just a few years prior. Took the money then contacted customer support and told them I'd been hacked again. Turns out the GM had lied (or there's a timeout on account notes or whatever) and I got the account back again. Uninstalled and have never looked back.
Tl;Dr: I was/am a piece of shit!

• 11Like
  • 6Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 18 users

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
You're not wrong. I was pretty edgy back then. It was during WoW that I started dating a woman I met on FoHguild.org, Alcestis. She was like, "Have you tried just like...being nice to everyone?" Been my creed ever since and has served me well.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

this the real Zehn? if so whats up!

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
The one and only.

Not much. Life stuff. Was talking to the girlfriend about the 'good old days' of back when I used to play EQ/WoW and how much I missed hanging out with the people I used to roll with. Realized I hadn't been here ever since I quit playing DDO. Been on a nostalgia kick and trying to figure out what happened to everyone. I suppose I could just log back into my old Facebook account but I'm sure this place is less cancerous. Maybe.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The one and only.

Not much. Life stuff. Was talking to the girlfriend about the 'good old days' of back when I used to play EQ/WoW and how much I missed hanging out with the people I used to roll with. Realized I hadn't been here ever since I quit playing DDO. Been on a nostalgia kick and trying to figure out what happened to everyone. I suppose I could just log back into my old Facebook account but I'm sure this place is less cancerous. Maybe.

Nice! If you wanna play with some peeps join faceless with zaide and their discord or wait for the next TLP.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>

What was the 2" bone finger exploit?

That's awesome about Druidbane lol.

You sound like me when I play WoW but your exploits are legendary.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Actually, now that I think about it, it was early PoP. Got it mixed up because you got the fingerbone in Kurns Tower. Originally the fingerbones were like, "Withered 2" Finger" or whatever. If you linked it, it would crash the zone. I think because of the extra quotation mark in the name of the item. It was fixed pretty quick though so after that it was "Withered 2 inch finger"

• 3Like
  • 1Splash the Pot
Reactions: 3 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I logged in once and my character name was green. Somehow, someway, I had guide powers and tried a bunch of commands.

/kill didn’t work, but I was able to teleport around to different zones using something and I unlocked a few other minor shortcuts.

While spamming every command I could think of, my fun lasted around an hour and I ended up in CShome or whatever jail it was 🥲

no clue how it happened

• 1Double Worf

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I logged in once and my character name was green. Somehow, someway, I had guide powers and tried a bunch of commands.

/kill didn’t work, but I was able to teleport around to different zones using something and I unlocked a few other minor shortcuts.

While spamming every command I could think of, my fun lasted around an hour and I ended up in CShome or whatever jail it was 🥲

no clue how it happened

Man, CShome was one of the places I always wanted to visit.

I'm sure it would have been crushingly boring mind.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I think I just stayed in the white room and was laughing with the GM trying to explain that I didn't intentionally get guide mode activated.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Doesn't show the NPC's - we had tons of vendors in there too to grab all sorts of item ability stuff. Flash invis, speed boosts, 100% rez stuff, etc.

We were never allowed to go into raid zones in expansions because "We could use it to our player advantage" - which was absolute bullshit - because I went in there anyway where I saw the real reason why - and it was because none of that shit was even completed for 3-4 months post launch of an expac. Half the geography was all fucked up, mobs not populated, etc. Fucking train wreck. The artificial bugs introduced to stall progression was common place in Kunark, Velious and PoP.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users