Everquest - Phinigel server

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ya sleeper they did it right, after that was just down hill. we had corpse runs on sleeper!

pwndandy_sl

shitlord
that'll be on the next progression server they bring out in 3 months!
I'm guessing it will take a lot longer for the following progression server. They've got to make instances for all of the expansions that are missing it as well as more content for the Live servers. But I don't actually know jack shit about development.
tongue.png

I do think we've entered a new age where Daybreak is going to crank out these servers left and right for as long as they bring in the benjamins.

Awesome avatar btw.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Ugh....I was really looking forward to trying an Enchanter but looking through the TLP spell list it really does suck ass how many spells rely on Research. I mean it's nice that they changed research to not rely on random word drops but the components now are so fucking expensive it's ridiculous. With my Mage on RF I just said fuck it and got to level 40 and just farmed HG's for cash to buy spells instead of bothering with research. All slows but the level 57 slow are researched, lol so fucking dumb.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ugh....I was really looking forward to trying an Enchanter but looking through the TLP spell list it really does suck ass how many spells rely on Research. I mean it's nice that they changed research to not rely on random word drops but the components now are so fucking expensive it's ridiculous. With my Mage on RF I just said fuck it and got to level 40 and just farmed HG's for cash to buy spells instead of bothering with research. All slows but the level 57 slow are researched, lol so fucking dumb.
Languid Pace is vendor. And relatively similar slow.

Edit: Looking further Lucy apparently paints a wrong picture - seeing elsewhere: 30% on Languid, 50% Tepid, 65% Shiftless. But still good enough to handle slow in the meantime until research is doable/buyable. Slow isn't mandatory in any group content in Classic.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I'm playing a Human Bard. I would play a wood elf but the classic graphics chestplate armor for wood elves looks like a giant nut sack on the back and I don't want to stare at that all day. Half elves classic armor boots like like shit but the Luclin models are amazing looking. But anyone who uses Luclin models is a douche.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you wanna raid skip shaman. Your entire existence is casting buffs on worthless melee classes forever and ever.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Fixed that for you.
That shit always drove me nuts. "Hey, can I get Strength Dex Stam Agility AC Talisman Haste Regen please? Oh, and do you have Avatar yet?"

If you've ever forced a group to stop killing because you wanted irrelevant buffs I hope you get eaten by weasels. I'm looking atyou,Ranger players.

Classic and Kunark have both done a great deal to throw a piss soaked blanket on my Shaman nostalgia. They are still a very good class but bleh to the raid scene.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I played one on Red99 and fuck you single target buffs and every damn melee class wanting 4 plus a 12 minute haste and slows. Fuck that noise.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Research spells arent a HUGE deal, just if you want to get the spells first then youll pay a pretty penny. But if you can wait then eventually everyone and their mom does resarch and spells go to like 50-100p each. I remember in beginning I was paying like 300-400 each and that was my whole piggy bank while leveling. But I'd pay 300 one week and next week spell was down to like 150, and I was ahead of the curve. I would keep hides to help offset the cost the researcher was asking. NEcro is fun but if you can box then make a mage too, lot of their pets arent research and they can just chain pet their way to 50 easymode. I remember on my necro I had no gear so I was always oom (necro pets cost more), but once I boxed my friends 2 mages it was like wow mages are low maintenance mana wise, pets last so long and regen 10% out of combat health a tick (think was higher % at lower levels).

Shamans are fun but I remember no one really mained them in classic bc ya you were the buff bitch of the raid and you had to single cast every buff, and no one played them so in the odds you did, you were probably the only shaman in the raid which made it worse. People wouldnt even bring their shaman boxes cause they got annoyed with how many buff/person it was. But I boxed nec/shm and loved my shaman for soloing camps etc.