Everquest - Phinigel server

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to keep plugging away at it. Maybe not at the speed I had intended. What I really wanted was to level and do some stuff I have never done. Like farm class armor, get a full set of Lambent etc. Get to 50 in a month and raid two nights a week since instancing means no need to race.

But now if I stop to smell the roses ill be WAAY behind the curve.

Sucks.

I was thinking I could start up on Lockjaw or Ragefire maybe? But this new server raped there populations so leveling might be a bitch there to.

What is wrong with this company?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't know about Ragefire but leveling to 60 is rough on Lockjaw now. There just aren't a lot of people still leveling and if you aren't exping in a decent camp it can be a real drag.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Fuck the exp. What the fuck did they do with the agro code? I feel like i'm playing a cheap EMU server that hasn't even gotten its basics down. Feels cheap as fuck.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuck the exp. What the fuck did they do with the agro code? I feel like i'm playing a cheap EMU server that hasn't even gotten its basics down. Feels cheap as fuck.
As someone who used to never use pets much before, I like it myself. I hated having to think of a pet under different rules than a human player when it came to aggro - it's nice that they're now equals in such regard to me.

But I don't have 15+ yrs of being used to the old pet code. (Well unless you count SK pets, lol)

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
As someone who used to never use pets much before, I like it myself. I hated having to think of a pet under different rules than a human player when it came to aggro - it's nice that they're now equals in such regard to me.

But I don't have 15+ yrs of being used to the old pet code. (Well unless you count SK pets, lol)
The agro code change is mostly fine, the agro code change + cutting pet hp in half + sending their AC to what feels like 0 + tanks all using rusty maces makes for pretty brutal gameplay.

My pet gets trainwrecked by stuff if the tank backs up an inch off the mobs, he dies in like 5 seconds vs even a white mob.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I think maybe what I will do is gear up for Kunark launch. Make my goal to be ready to xp in Kunark content. I think that's fairly reasonable for 3 months playing the way I can play.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think maybe what I will do is gear up for Kunark launch. Make my goal to be ready to xp in Kunark content. I think that's fairly reasonable for 3 months playing the way I can play.
Warning: You're making sense - over on the EQLive forums I was lambasted for suggesting as much for those that felt overwhelmed.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know about Ragefire but leveling to 60 is rough on Lockjaw now. There just aren't a lot of people still leveling and if you aren't exping in a decent camp it can be a real drag.
Meh I used my mage army to plow chardok/PL outside of group for my first group of 60s. Ended up with 30 60's
tongue.png
It definitely wasnt a cake walk but chardok to me was faster than seb. Lower resists too.

Rathmort_sl

shitlord
Is there a viable solo class who can do reasonably well in groups and raids? Feeling like SK or druid, but interested in what bards can do also. Would happily go cleric if not for the complete inability to solo, which having irregular playtimes and being eurotrash is kind of necessary.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Warning: You're making sense - over on the EQLive forums I was lambasted for suggesting as much for those that felt overwhelmed.
Meh if you can't sympathize with the people on the forums at all you are pretty crazy. This was a server marketed as a place where casuals could come and raid their 2 nights a week and have some fun seeing content without all the BS of a normal TLP. Instead alot of them are realizing they may not even see 50 before kunark comes out and so they have even less of chance of seeing the content than they did before.

But if suck it up and take the dick is the outlook you take in life then good luck to ya.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you not hit 50 in 90 days? I mean sure its slower, but it's not that slow. And you don't need to be 50 to do everything but sky, iirc.

Just play, hit 50 eventually, do your raids. If kunark comes soon after you hit 50, then you level again and you can still do your raid instances while leveling. Content doesn't magically disappear when a new expansion comes. You can still see it.

Sure it's shitty and pretty scumbag of DBG to sneak the change it, but it's not sky is falling.

The only real downsides I can see is A) people who just leveled on other servers having to do it again but slower, this just leads to burnout and B) people who just don't have the time or care to slog through leveling at a slower pace.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Pet changes are just really dramatic all the sudden after 17 yrs.

DBG certified autistic.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
How do you not hit 50 in 90 days? I mean sure its slower, but it's not that slow. And you don't need to be 50 to do everything but sky, iirc.

Just play, hit 50 eventually, do your raids. If kunark comes soon after you hit 50, then you level again and you can still do your raid instances while leveling. Content doesn't magically disappear when a new expansion comes. You can still see it.

Sure it's shitty and pretty scumbag of DBG to sneak the change it, but it's not sky is falling.

The only real downsides I can see is A) people who just leveled on other servers having to do it again but slower, this just leads to burnout and B) people who just don't have the time or care to slog through leveling at a slower pace.
Cause if you don't like the change the only solution is to complain loudly until they change it back. I realize this forum is filled with super passive betas but jfc, the animosity shown to people who post about reversing a change that even you don't seem to like is insane, but I get it, it totally fits with the beta personality that hates conflict and just wants mom and dad to stop shouting. Unless you straight up like the change and think its good I don't understand why anyone is posting calling people cry babies and shit and telling them to suck it up, join in and complain and it will get fixed and we all win.

And sorry, a 100+ hour time investment to leveling is a huge chunk of time. And we will be doing it all over again in 12 weeks with kunark because 50-60 takes at least as much time as 1-50.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Hardest part regarding hitting 50 is burnout. Sure there's enough time to do it, but fuck spending that much time doing mind numbingly boring shit before I get to the fun stuff.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hardest part regarding hitting 50 is burnout. Sure there's enough time to do it, but fuck spending that much time doing mind numbingly boring shit before I get to the fun stuff.
And imagine there's masochist out there that want a full on classic experience :p

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The problem is the casuals will never be the hardcore top players they want to be and no ruleset will help them.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
There are some shitlords you can never please, but this whole issue currently is that a good portion of players don't wanna poopsock another TLP that takes forever leveling, which is already boring as fuck. They already streamlined to instancing, why would you fuck that up behind slower leveling. Some of us don't want to spend double the time leveling in a game we have done multiple times over a 17 year span.

If they wanna keep the XP the way it is, so be it. But they will see the subs drop in part of it. Dominating a 17 yr old game is cool and all, but most wanna steamroll to 50 and actually do some entertaining shit in a somewhat timely fashion.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The problem is the casuals will never be the hardcore top players they want to be and no ruleset will help them.
On Lockjaw at the open we had a ton of guilds on the initial rotation (before Daybreak started enforcing them officially) with more wanting to get on it. There were tons and tons and tons of people that wanted to do the content. With raid instancing all six or seven of those guilds could have been out there at least giving it a go. Hell, some of those casual guilds on their early dragon attempts were willing to bind rush over and over to secure a kill. That's pretty hardcore all things considered. If people are no longer in direct zero sum competition with each other over raid targets almost everyone could kill themselves some dragons.

Phinny isn't ever going to get to a position where it's got just tons and tons of people giving the end game a go and there is absolutely no reason to be gating 16 year old content like this. If it takes 100 hours for a static group premade with exp pots running sitting at the best exp spots in game it's going to take even a serious player twice that.