Everquest - Selos Server - 20th Anniversary Casual Server

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So speaking as someone who hasn't seriously played EQ in probably almost 10 years, what's the optimal leveling path (zone wise) for Selo? Or does it even matter?

So basically the better the xp rate, the better it is to just grind away. The slower it is, the more it makes sense to look for high zem or stuff like weapons/focuses to speed it up. Since I expect this server will let you score a couple levels per hour, it makes no sense to spend a half hour trying to travel and pick hop versus just grinding something close.

If you have charm(s) I recommend kunark goblins or luclin grimlings. Kunark gobs go from probably best xp to worse based on how you handle every 3rd mob having ht. If you don't have cc I recommend doing the side of luclin thats like nl/mseru/dsp/mons/maidens, easy pulls.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
So, well what would you gentleman play then? Not everyone can be a shaman or SK. How about Enchanter aside from charm pets being awesome I read? How are they in raids in expansion 27?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Mildly tempted to sub and play on this server.

Beserker isnt available until DoN, correct?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Need undead to charm though! gimmeh

Assuming you go iksar and either group with locals or make your perma come to you, you can basically get to 50s wothout going more than 2 zones. Kurns, kaesora, com. I did hear seb and kc are nerfed though so you may need to hustle to luclin by 50s but lots of options there.

This would be my route if I weren't probably gonna swap to just going cleric with a non-iksars perma.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
true, problem will be there won't be groups there and I'm like 99% not starting on launch so whenever I actually end up getting to play it'll just be a /who all "insert level range" cleric and go find groups wherever is popular prob

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tuco Tuco should be able to weigh in here. He plays current EQ and has for a long time. Can maybe tell us what's great!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This would almost be the perfect server if not for the 1 month unlocks. With the way my current work schedule is, I basically get 1 day a week where I can do a crazy 10-14 hour "binge" session, but would have almost zero playtime outside of that. With 4 week unlocks, I'd essentially get 4 play sessions in before a new expansion. Feelsbadman.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This would almost be the perfect server if not for the 1 month unlocks. With the way my current work schedule is, I basically get 1 day a week where I can do a crazy 10-14 hour "binge" session, but would have almost zero playtime outside of that. With 4 week unlocks, I'd essentially get 4 play sessions in before a new expansion. Feelsbadman.

Card subject to change but right now Planes of Power unlocks on the 1st of May giving you six weeks of Luclin. After that LDoN and Legacy of Legacy are their own separate one month unlocks so it's psuedo three months of PoP.

After that though it's off to the races.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So do rangers suck? Or are they pretty decent in this era and then beyond? I always loved the ranger and the utility it had.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So do rangers suck? Or are they pretty decent in this era and then beyond? I always loved the ranger and the utility it had.

Luclin is where Rangers start to really come online and they're top top tier in Planes of Power. They're great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Be what you want, but Druid is definitely on the low end of the power scale in early eq.

I just thought it was funny, I know Druid isn't going to be big dicking parses or anything. Druids are just so damn fun during level up and after the rush I can PL just about anything with a druid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Going to be interesting to see if casters can keep up better. Melee are going to be massively under geared compared to previous servers and it will be a cronic issue.