Everspace (Space shooter)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Early access for Everspace 2 is sometime this month on Steam. More RPG it looks like?

There's a demo on steam. I haven't tried it but maybe it will scratch our Freelancer itch.
Downloading the demo now. Elite dangerous is good but misses a ton of story elements. Been looking for a freelancer replacement which still failed in comparison to privateer which was epic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steam is full of third person shots except for this one
1610798779904.png

but this is not in combat I think. Is this exclusively "third person" or whatever that's called when the camera is behind your ship for combat?

Do you HOTAS this? I stored my Warthog last week..

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 329395
but this is not in combat I think. Is this exclusively "third person" or whatever that's called when the camera is behind your ship for combat?

unless they changed something recently, you can play it in cockpit mode no problem. that screenshot isn't "combat" but it's regular gameplay

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
View attachment 329395

That shot gives me Descent vibes and a small chub.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's a demo. I only messed with it very briefly but somewhat optimistic.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Released today, anyone with reviews? I'm bored since I'm fucked with my graphics card dying and apparently you can't buy a card these days unless it's full retail price from 2015 on a 1080ti.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm itching, but I'm also lazy. Also, almost full price early access? Yikes.

No steam friends have it yet either...

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I only played a little past the prologue. Not bad but I think you can wait. RPG elements seem okish

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
refunded due to their arbitrary limitations on button mapping making it impossible to use more than 50% of my Hotas Warthog buttons

yes, well, axis is maybe the wrong term, but all "buttons" that deliver analogue input (between 0 and 1) are considererd "axes". They are like the triggers on a xbox controller that also work as axes. Unfortunately the way input is handled in Unreal makes ir very difficult to have them work for "button" actions - so I don't thiink we will ever change this, at least not anytime soon

Also couldn't get over the way they handle throttle forward / reverse.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Everspace 2 major patch today

I played a bit last year and really enjoyed it... The right balance of sim and arcade, leaning towards arcade for overall QOL and ease of entry.
I stopped playing only because I didn't want to spoil the story, and I wanted to wait until more content was in, as most of the dialog was still text only.
It looks like things are improving on all fronts!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No mention of it leaving Game Pass anytime soon so I guess that means the full release will be available as a patch on Thursday?