Fall 2012 Anime Thread

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, pretty terribad episode of SAO. Hopefully they wrap the season up a little better.

I've been watching K, its decent but I feel as if it could've used the whole 26 episode stretch to make it better. It feels a little rushed.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Meh episode of SOA. Very anti-climatic.
Well, it ended much the same way that someone logging into EQ to kill Brad McQuaid would, minus ghostly intervention.

Random thought - given there appears to be only one pain slider for the entire game ( neither of them specify a target for the pain slider, and it starts at 80 instead of 100 when kirito uses it ), did Kirito cause mass casualties by setting pain dampener to zero ? ;p

Also - "system command; summon excalibur" - someone has hacked admin rights and *that* is the first thing you come up with ? lol.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, it ended much the same way that someone logging into EQ to kill Brad McQuaid would, minus ghostly intervention.
Well, sure, except that there would have been more people there to do it, given that Brad was trying to rape every single one of us, not just one player. Also, there were no real womens in EQ, so this situation never could have happened!

Random thought - given there appears to be only one pain slider for the entire game ( neither of them specify a target for the pain slider, and it starts at 80 instead of 100 when kirito uses it ), did Kirito cause mass casualties by setting pain dampener to zero ? ;p
That's what I was saying to my wife when we watched it. Shouldn't he kinda be setting that back? Heh.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
That area was not in game. There was only 3 people there

There is one more fight to go....in real life
The reason that they say Excalibur is in the story they skipped, there s a dungeon under that city at the base of the tree, the most powerful sword in game is rumored to be in that dungeon, the name of the sword in the dungeon is Excalibur. Kirito and lyfa find it's location but do not get it.

The world seed.....
basecode for the servers to use

Next adventure of kirito....gun Gale...a vmmo pvp game..with guns.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
as long as they don't make a sequel animation and any publicity of SAO stops....I'd be a happy man.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I found Girls Und Panzer to be... boring. Maybe I gave up too early (ep 2 or 3) but... meh.
Oh, like I said it's nothing amazing but it's an entertaining little show. It helps if you play WoTanks, too.
smile.png

smile.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
can some1 post a shortlist of the good filtered animes? i've only kept up with SAO, and it's xmas vacation time, so catch up time. (kinda tried to not read thread, afraid of spoilers)

velk

Trakanon Raider
can some1 post a shortlist of the good filtered animes? i've only kept up with SAO, and it's xmas vacation time, so catch up time. (kinda tried to not read thread, afraid of spoilers)
For this season ? Just from my perspective :

Zetsuen no Tempest - I'm probably enjoying this one the most.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Shinsekai Yori, Chuunibyou, Jormungand, Sword Art - I am enjoying these.

Robotics;Notes, Psycho-Pass, K - still watching but hesitant to recommend until/unless something more solid happens.

Code breaker - lost interest.

Uchuu Kyoudai - this anime redefines 'glacial pace', I have no idea why I am still watching it, but I am ;p

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For this season ? Just from my perspective :

Zetsuen no Tempest - I'm probably enjoying this one the most.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Shinsekai Yori, Chuunibyou, Jormungand, Sword Art - I am enjoying these.

Robotics;Notes, Psycho-Pass, K - still watching but hesitant to recommend until/unless something more solid happens.

Code breaker - lost interest.

Uchuu Kyoudai - this anime redefines 'glacial pace', I have no idea why I am still watching it, but I am ;p
much appreciated

Sean_sl

shitlord
Okay, the latest episodes of Zetsuen no Tempest and Psycho-Pass were pretty awesome. Especially Psycho-Pass.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Okay, the latest episodes of Zetsuen no Tempest and Psycho-Pass were pretty awesome. Especially Psycho-Pass.
Psycho-Pass wan't surprising, I'd predicted that coming a while back, but it's nice to see the story developing.

Tempest on the other hand - I did *not* see that one coming heh ;p

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Might be kind of old, I don't follow anime too much. But Code Gesea and Gungrave were pretty awesome.

Raika

Trakanon Raider
Gotta admit I'm glad I read these posts, I never would have started watching Tempest but it's a great show.

These last few seasons have only had a few shows that really stuck for me.

SAO - (had to go read all the light novels, absolutely love the series now).

Magi - I really want to like this show, but it's definitely not what I expected, was hoping for more dungeons I guess.

Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo - Not sure why but one of the few that has held my interest.

Psycho-Pass, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Chuunibyou and K just lost me.

I suppose I would have more to watch if I didn't get impatient and just switch to the Manga of any show that has it. All that said, I hope Winter has some hidden gems that I am just missing =P.