Fall 2012 Anime Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Gotta admit I'm glad I read these posts, I never would have started watching Tempest but it's a great show.

These last few seasons have only had a few shows that really stuck for me.

SAO - (had to go read all the light novels, absolutely love the series now).

Magi - I really want to like this show, but it's definitely not what I expected, was hoping for more dungeons I guess.

Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo - Not sure why but one of the few that has held my interest.

Psycho-Pass, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Chuunibyou and K just lost me.

I suppose I would have more to watch if I didn't get impatient and just switch to the Manga of any show that has it. All that said, I hope Winter has some hidden gems that I am just missing =P.
Psycho Pass was so badass though. Did you watch it all or just the first few? - Honestly, this is one of the better seasons of anime ive come across in a while.

Raika

Trakanon Raider
I stopped at Episode 9, I suppose I should go ahead and finish it lol. Not really sure why I lost interest considering the first few episodes were really good.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
BD release includes uncensored episodes of what is currently being aired right now.

Also, SAO is over. It has been a great action orientedsoap opera.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
SAO started out so promising and was good until nearly the end. Then it became horrible, quickly. I'm hoping they have an ep 26 next week that has some kind of non-plot-related fight scene in it, so that we can see a decent fight again, because that's what this anime was best at. Action scenes. Not mega-drama, which was all we saw this week, really.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SAO is at its best when it's actually being a video game. Makes me think about the context of the Final Fantasy movies and why those were so different.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Greatest love story ever told.

TQskz.jpg

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Last episode of Hellsing Ultimate OVA is being released today. Should be up on tokyotosho in the next 24-48 hours.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
You guys are bumming me out, Just started watching SAO today and have enjoyed the first 3 episodes immensely, Ill stick it out but sounds like I will be disappointed. Sounds like you suggest reading the books too? Thanks for the heads up on the Berserk movie, that is the only Manga I keep up on I'll have to give it a try.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You guys are bumming me out, Just started watching SAO today and have enjoyed the first 3 episodes immensely, Ill stick it out but sounds like I will be disappointed.
Its a good anime. The first arc is solid and entertaining. The second changes things a little bit and sprinkles a couple anime stereotypes in there that will make you roll your eyes. Its still worth watching, but after getting through such a decent show, to see those tidbits just rubs you the wrong way. Like a brown spot on an otherwise delicious apple.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
a rotten apple, dressed in sugar and gloss.

please eat the outside, don't eat the inside. aka don't think too deep about it.

velk

Trakanon Raider
You guys are bumming me out, Just started watching SAO today and have enjoyed the first 3 episodes immensely, Ill stick it out but sounds like I will be disappointed. Sounds like you suggest reading the books too? Thanks for the heads up on the Berserk movie, that is the only Manga I keep up on I'll have to give it a try.
I felt it peaked at the christmas episode. Unfortunately it kept going downhill for a long time after that. I like it overall, but can't help but wish it had lived up to the potential of that episode. Or at the very least gone as a 1 cour and finished with the first arc.

Sean_sl

shitlord
You people are crazy. I loved all of SAO. The second arc could have been better, but it was still great. I can't wait for them to animate more of the light novels.

Winter Preview from RandomC:http://randomc.net/2012/12/26/winter-2013-preview/

I'm going to check out:

Mangirl!
Ai Mai Mi
Cuticle Tantei Inaba
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
D.C. III ~Da Capo III~
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
AKB0048 Next Stage
Minami-ke Tadaima
Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun
Senran Kagura
Love Live! School Idol Project
AMNESIA
THE UNLIMITED - Hyoubu Kyousuke
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman
Tamako Market
GJ-bu (Good Job Club)
[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */
Vividred Operation
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
Kotoura-San
Mondai-Ji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Chihayafuru 2

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
So, for the holiday break, please do check outTwelve Kingdomif you haven't. It leaves you satisfied like no other. Been digging it at every winter holiday for last five years. (also, he did a SAO review in that website. Pretty fair assessment. hint: it got trashed. )

Will Watch For Sure Impressions:

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - comedy.
[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */- NEET Girl plus magic? Fuck me. I will take it.
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman - love old japanese shit.
Senran Kagura - ecchi.
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru - harem.
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - macroeconomics. read the manga, it was dry. Tried to read the novel, I mean..script, nope.
Cuticle Tantei Inaba - shounen + girl.

Can't wait for Sasami. The promotional video's music was fantastic. If it followsthis, jesus...it will be sublime. Two thumbs up.

velk

Trakanon Raider
So, for the holiday break, please do check outTwelve Kingdomif you haven't. It leaves you satisfied like no other. Been digging it at every winter holiday for last five years. (also, he did a SAO review in that website. Pretty fair assessment. hint: it got trashed. )
I don't know, I found the twelve kingdoms fascinating to start with, but I kind of stalled out around in the mid 30s, the ex-princess and the escaped scullery maid are such unpleasant people that I had difficulty maintaining interest. I'll probably finish it off sometime though.

The RC reviewer for SAO had an axe to grind from the start I think, he kept complaining about things that didn't actually happen in the anime.

For the upcoming stuff, I still don't see anything that looks like it will be really good, but then again, I think the only anime I've initially thought would be really good, and ended up being fantastic is fate zero. It's usually ones I dismissed in the initial look that end up being pretty good.