Fall 2018 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Happy to see Goblin slayer is sticking pretty well the the manga (read online and own it)

The tears from the first eps around the internet is hilarious.

Haven't been keeping up on anime in the last over year, didn't know Reincarnated as a Slime was getting an anime. Guess I read to much manga now lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Gobs in caves are different than gobs out in the wild. But even then, I would prefer a skeleton, bat, or snake.

• 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I remember years ago getting my wife into anime, we watched Cowboy Bebop and maybe something else and then went right into Berserk. I didnt tell her shit about it and man the reaction to the eclipse was so worth it. I need to do the same thing with Goblin Slayer. "Hey I found a cool new DnD style show! It is getting a lot of hype lets give it a shot!"

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Did the same to some family members and their reactions epic. Kinda felt like the reaction from the red wedding.

I was thinking about Berserk of late after I just saw Infinity War for the first time last week end. The whole eclipse, sacrifice, to obtain the power had a huge Berserk vibe.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there a chart or general listing out there of how many anime have slimes as the weakest vs goblins. Cause I feel like they only pull out slimes as a DQ trope (and then you never see them again in those universes) while an overwhelming amount simply go with goblins. And then you have the ones like Grimgar where they might be the weakest but show exactly how they can mess you up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I remember years ago getting my wife into anime, we watched Cowboy Bebop and maybe something else and then went right into Berserk. I didnt tell her shit about it and man the reaction to the eclipse was so worth it. I need to do the same thing with Goblin Slayer. "Hey I found a cool new DnD style show! It is getting a lot of hype lets give it a shot!"
you have to skip the first 1min of goblin slayer then, skip to the guild introduction part w/ the old timey music.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Why does the slime have an AI in his head giving him skills constantly?

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why does the slime have an AI in his head giving him skills constantly?
There's the "Voice of the World" which kicks in as he's dying and selected as a reincarnation candidate for the next world. Basically a status update announcer. But since he upgraded his Sage ability to Great Sage that takes over from the announcer and expands the functionality. There are apparently more upgrades to Sage way later on but the anime won't get that far.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Bunny girl show is good shit. Maybe it's just because the guy isn't a total pussy? I really enjoy this one. As far as "new" shows go, Slime, bunny girl & Goblin Slayer are at the top of the list.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah it's got more of a Snafu style of character interactions with some potentially decent... sci-fi?... plot elements. Or whatever you want to call it.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
8cf.png

f56.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Just watched Goblin Slayer. Really good stuff. I was hoping to see the priestess become a plaything too but I guess it'll be nice to see her get hardened over the course of her adventures (I hope.) I'd be really happy if they never unmask him too, just let him be a Judge Dredd-esque character throughout.

• 1Like

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
If Goblin slayer continues on like it did for the first ep it's going to get a spot in my top 5. After a really boring Overlord season 3 so happy to see some good fantasy anime. Also the slime one was pretty good for the comedy value.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Give the bunny girl show a try and see if you like it. They're 2 episodes in so far.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Bunny show is setting up to break my heart in a thousand pieces i can already tell.

Really good show.

• 1Like