Fall 2021 Anime Thread

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
With some new Demon Slayer out I am reminded that I didn't watch that Mugen Train movie...found a good source for it.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Doesn't Season 2 have the movie in weekly episode form?

I am not sure, it's possible, but I just watched the movie and holy shit was it solid as fuck. No wonder this series pisses in the face of the entire U.S. comic industry.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the first 7 episodes of Demon Slayer are going to be a recut version of the movie with some new scenes/music/etc. Just watched the latest ep and it was great.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, Episode 1 of Demon Slayer S2 is an hour long, entirely new episode just prior to the start of the Movie.

Edit: Guess Ep1 isn't an hour long, oh well, it was still good.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Took me a while, but I finally got through ALL the new shows... If anyone cares, here.

Monday
Gyakuten Sekai no Denchi Shoujo - (Rumble Garanndoll) I'm not sure what's going on here. There are "teddy bear" looking giant robots and then these blue giant robots to fight them. And there's a culture war going on. Turns out the blue robot is empty so the one guy gets in to pilot it. This show is stupid.

Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu - (The Vampire Dies in No Time) Shitty vampire show for pre-teens. This is terrible.

Kyoukai Senki - (Amaim Warrior) This is that Gundam-like show I was talking about. Even done by the official Gundam studios, which I guess is why it "feels" so gundam-like. The show is weak, but there isn't much else going on, so I'll watch it.

Shinka no Mi - Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei - (The Fruits of Evolution) Isekai show. It's pretty bad, but animated nicely. I'll give it a shot for now, until I lose interest, but there doesn't seem to be much hope right now.

Tuesday
Takt Op. Destiny - (Takt Op) Interesting. It's about monsters that hate music, so the world doesn't have it any more. It's like "The Quiet Place", but it only focuses on music and not all noise. Anyway, there are people that fight the monsters called Maestros. Their goal is to bring music back. Dumb idea, but beautiful visuals.

Deep Insanity - The Lost Child - This is the thread picture for this season. Some new disease is out that causes people to get jacked and go crazy. I don't really understand what the show is about. There's some kind of military, and a new kid is joining that dreams of being a hero. Ok, the disease is underground, and you end up fighting people you associate with who are doing work underground with you. And... light saber's? While the show is visually VERY good looking, the show itself is bad.

Kaginado - 4 minutes long. Chibi (squashed Anime style) characters. It opens on a planetarium saying that there's stars out in space, but let's focus on the stars here on earth. Fuck this.

Wednesday
Shin no Nakama - (Banished from the Hero's Party) Super strong maiden adventurer hero chick. Show isn't what the into scene is at all. The focus is this dude that was in the Hero's party that gets kicked out for being too weak. He decides to become an apothacare after that. It's a peaceful slice of life style show.

Heike Monogatari - (The Tale of the Heike) I see dead people, set in very early Japan. Strange concept, but I kind of like the feeling. I'll continue watching, but not day 1. I'll wait till things are slow.

Puraore! Pride of Orange - (Pride in Orange) Girls ice hockey. AKA - Imaginary. ItActually, the opening scene almost felt like it was a dream or something. This show sucks.

Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni ensei suru - (Worlds Greatest Assassin) He's an interesting character, and the twist at the end to become an Isekai show really pulled me in. Good shit.

Muv-Luv Alternative - They're setting it up like science fiction, but it's actually history. And this is the second series of the same show. First was out way back in 2012. The first episode didn't seem bad, so I went and found every episode of the "first" series.

Drowning Sorrows in Raging Fire - Chinese show. It's a show about... live streamers? And plant people special agents? Full CGI graphics. Feels like you're watching a video game. Normally I hate chinese shows. This one honestly isn't bad, but I stopped it because of the language. Chinese isn't the nicest language to listen to.

Thursday
Ousama Ranking - Childish animation. Seems to be a re-telling of some old fables. Opening episode is the Princes New Clothes. The prince is a mongoloid or something. All he does is grunts and kind of make vowel sounds. Turns out he's deaf. This show is hot garbage. It should be burned in a fire.

Sakugan - Show about these colonies and monsters... everything is under ground. It's corny, but surprisingly decent. I didn't expect to like it, but I did.

Shiroi Suna no Aquatope - (White Sand Aquatope) It continues. I love aquariums, so this is right up my alley. Plus, the first half of the show has been good.

Platinum End - Angel prevents a suicide. Suicide kid is given the gift of honorary angel with functional wings and a magic arrow that will make people fall in love with him. Suicide kid's parents died in an explosion, but it was caused by the aunt and uncle because they wanted to steal the life insurance money the kid would get. He makes the aunt kill herself. Now it's a battle show to become the new God against 12 other candidates with the same wings and magic arrows. Strange, but not bad.

Friday
Slection Project - Another Idol type of show. Pass.

Visual Prison - It intro's like an 80-90's day time drama. With tons of stupid character names. Ok... Popular bands that are entirely made of Vampires. They have this thing called "Visual Prison" to trap their fans in so they can feed. But then 2 bands fight against each other... this is really god damn stupid, so I'm shutting it off now.

Isekai Shokudou S2 - (Restauramt in Another World) Season 1 was good. Season 2 continues down that path. I'm in.

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi - (Taishou Otome Fairy Tale) Takes place in early 1920's. 17 year old kid loses his mom and use of his right hand in a car accident. His father says he isn't fit to be part of the family without the use of his dominant hand, so he's kicked out and sent somewhere far away. Some girl walks to his new home far away and says "nice to meet you. I'm your bride." If he's 17, she's only like 13 or 14. Japan is weird like that. And now proof. Before meeting the husband, she tells her girls school about the family debt so she's sold to be the lender's son's wife. And it says that girls in Japan can't get married until 15.

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru - Dai Mankai no Shou - (Yuki Yuna is a Hero) It's Baby Metal the anime. Bunch of high school girls play heavy metal. The show goes all over the place. There were like 30 topics in the first episode, so pass.

Yakunara Mug Cup mo S2 - (Walking to Pottery Town) Show from a year ago. It had a decent enough first episode back then, but I didn't watch it. I'm not going to watch this either.

Saturday
Hanyou no Yashahime- Continuation from back in the spring. I didn't watch it then, so I'm not going to watch it now.

Saihate no Paladin - (The Faraway Paladin) Kid is reborn with 3 undead guardians. Ghost, Zombie & Skeleton. They teach him how to do things, such as becoming a wizrd, or know how to use the sword. It isn't bad.

Build Divide - Code Black - Shitty card game anime. Pass.

Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi - (My Senpai is Annoying) Slice of life about a dwarf girl. She's a sales person saying how she's a grown up every step of the way. That said, it's not a bad show. I'll give it another episode or two before I decide.

Muteking the Dancing Hero - (Dancing Hero) This shows how the K-Pop band BTS got their start. Fuck no.

Waccha PriMagi! - (All Pretty Series) Children's magic girl crap. This is bad.

Shikizakura - CGI animation, but it resembles Hero Academia in looks. But it's still really CGI, where as MHA isn't. I guess the girl's a princess. This show sucks.

Sunday
Mieruko-chan - Cute high school girl sees endless scary shit. It might be in her head, but I still don't care about "scary" shit, so pass.

Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru - (Night Beynd the Tricornered Window) Some homo sees ghosts. This is gay as fuck. Pass.

Tesla Note - 100% CGI animation. It's enough for me to not even care to watch it.

Kimetsu no Yaiba - Mugen Ressha-hen - (Demon Slayer) This is the weekly form of the movie.

Mushoku Tensei - (Jobless Reincarnation) It's back! Season 1 was fantastic, so I hope it remains true to form.

Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu - (Vampire's Cosmonaut) Space and Vampires. It isn't grabbing me.

Ancient Girls Frame - Another Chinese show. HARD CORE CGI. It's a story about girls fighting against space monsters and... pass.

Ganbare Douki-chan - 6 minute. 2 people work at a sales club. She digs him and he's clueless, so she keeps making things happen where they're forced to be around each other. It's cute, so I'll give it a go.

Getsoyoubi no Tawawa S2 - (Tawawa on Monday) 6 minute. Big titted girl is very annoying so pass.

Ok, I liked way too many of these on a surface level. I'll have to eliminate like half within the next week or two.
EDIT: Adding new shows as they drop.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
So far the Jobless reincarnation is still pretty solid, but the creepo shit still is cringe inducing.

• 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm watching 86, pedo tensei and demon slayer ofc. Banished from the party hero also was good enough that it'll make the 3 episode try without intervention.

Anything else sticking out? There's usually a show or two that surprise me and I'm rock hard for chainsaw man to drop.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The two shows that I like the most that aren't Jobless Reincarnation and Demon Slayer are these guys.

Banished from the Hero's Party, and Taishou Otome Fairy Tale.

Banished is a great choice, because it's very isekai in nature, and I love that shit. He's a really good alchemist. Good for him, but let's see how his skills help out in situations where he isn't the weakest link in the Hero Party.
And Fairy Tale is just a very good love story, if it ever becomes that. The main guy is in a shitty situation, kicked out of his family due to his main hand being paralyzed, and the girl is also fucked because her parents sold her to help stay afloat despite their gambling failures. That said, they're both giving it their best to make a shitty situation tolerable. It's "nice", if that makes sense.

Aside from those 2, you can't go wrong with Paladin or Assassin.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Surprised with the quality of paladin. That shit was visually very good, and the story telling is enticing. Looking forward to where this is going to take me.

86 is fucking good, as expected.

First demon slayer episode didn't disappoint, it's easy to forget the fucking animation quality of this show, but there it is.

I liked Mushoku a lot better when it wasn't sexualized bullshit all episode long. Will still watch a few more but honestly close to dropping it. It's wasting good story/potential with useless shit.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Takt op Destiny or whatever it's called from MAPPA is obviously top notch animation.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm watching 86, pedo tensei and demon slayer ofc. Banished from the party hero also was good enough that it'll make the 3 episode try without intervention.

Anything else sticking out? There's usually a show or two that surprise me and I'm rock hard for chainsaw man to drop.
i only read the manga but from this season i believe paladin will be the sleeper hit

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
i only read the manga but from this season i believe paladin will be the sleeper hit
I watched it right after posting it, and it was definitely good, but didn't knock my socks off. Felt like tensei without all the cringe.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had no idea 86 was back already. Such a great show. This season is shaping up way better than last season, which was the first season in a long time I wasn’t able to make it through a single new show.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Re-Life and Remake Our Lives were both very good shows. The first was about water polo. Kind of a Haikyuu! show. The second was going back in time to redo things and make your life better.

Also, Aquatope has been good, and it's still going.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Took me a while, but I finally got through ALL the new shows... If anyone cares, here.

Monday
Gyakuten Sekai no Denchi Shoujo - (Rumble Garanndoll) I'm not sure what's going on here. There are "teddy bear" looking giant robots and then these blue giant robots to fight them. And there's a culture war going on. Turns out the blue robot is empty so the one guy gets in to pilot it. This show is stupid.

Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu - (The Vampire Dies in No Time) Shitty vampire show for pre-teens. This is terrible.

Kyoukai Senki - (Amaim Warrior) This is that Gundam-like show I was talking about. Even done by the official Gundam studios, which I guess is why it "feels" so gundam-like. The show is weak, but there isn't much else going on, so I'll watch it.

Shinka no Mi - Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei - (The Fruits of Evolution) Isekai show. It's pretty bad, but animated nicely. I'll give it a shot for now, until I lose interest, but there doesn't seem to be much hope right now.

Tuesday
Takt Op. Destiny - (Takt Op) Interesting. It's about monsters that hate music, so the world doesn't have it any more. It's like "The Quiet Place", but it only focuses on music and not all noise. Anyway, there are people that fight the monsters called Maestros. Their goal is to bring music back. Dumb idea, but beautiful visuals.

Deep Insanity - The Lost Child - This is the thread picture for this season. Some new disease is out that causes people to get jacked and go crazy. I don't really understand what the show is about. There's some kind of military, and a new kid is joining that dreams of being a hero. Ok, the disease is underground, and you end up fighting people you associate with who are doing work underground with you. And... light saber's? While the show is visually VERY good looking, the show itself is bad.

Kaginado - 4 minutes long. Chibi (squashed Anime style) characters. It opens on a planetarium saying that there's stars out in space, but let's focus on the stars here on earth. Fuck this.

Wednesday
Shin no Nakama - (Banished from the Hero's Party) Super strong maiden adventurer hero chick. Show isn't what the into scene is at all. The focus is this dude that was in the Hero's party that gets kicked out for being too weak. He decides to become an apothacare after that. It's a peaceful slice of life style show.

Heike Monogatari - (The Tale of the Heike) I see dead people, set in very early Japan. Strange concept, but I kind of like the feeling. I'll continue watching, but not day 1. I'll wait till things are slow.

Puraore! Pride of Orange - (Pride in Orange) Girls ice hockey. AKA - Imaginary. ItActually, the opening scene almost felt like it was a dream or something. This show sucks.

Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni ensei suru - (Worlds Greatest Assassin) He's an interesting character, and the twist at the end to become an Isekai show really pulled me in. Good shit.

Muv-Luv Alternative - They're setting it up like science fiction, but it's actually history. And this is the second series of the same show. First was out way back in 2012. The first episode didn't seem bad, so I went and found every episode of the "first" series.

Drowning Sorrows in Raging Fire - Chinese show. It's a show about... live streamers? And plant people special agents? Full CGI graphics. Feels like you're watching a video game. Normally I hate chinese shows. This one honestly isn't bad, but I stopped it because of the language. Chinese isn't the nicest language to listen to.

Thursday
Sakugan - Show about these colonies and monsters... everything is under ground. It's corny, but surprisingly decent. I didn't expect to like it, but I did.

Shiroi Suna no Aquatope - (White Sand Aquatope) It continues. I love aquariums, so this is right up my alley. Plus, the first half of the show has been good.

Platinum End - Angel prevents a suicide. Suicide kid is given the gift of honorary angel with functional wings and a magic arrow that will make people fall in love with him. Suicide kid's parents died in an explosion, but it was caused by the aunt and uncle because they wanted to steal the life insurance money the kid would get. He makes the aunt kill herself. Now it's a battle show to become the new God against 12 other candidates with the same wings and magic arrows. Strange, but not bad.

Friday
Slection Project - Another Idol type of show. Pass.

Visual Prison - It intro's like an 80-90's day time drama. With tons of stupid character names. Ok... Popular bands that are entirely made of Vampires. They have this thing called "Visual Prison" to trap their fans in so they can feed. But then 2 bands fight against each other... this is really god damn stupid, so I'm shutting it off now.

Isekai Shokudou S2 - (Restauramt in Another World) Season 1 was good. Season 2 continues down that path. I'm in.

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi - (Taishou Otome Fairy Tale) Takes place in early 1920's. 17 year old kid loses his mom and use of his right hand in a car accident. His father says he isn't fit to be part of the family without the use of his dominant hand, so he's kicked out and sent somewhere far away. Some girl walks to his new home far away and says "nice to meet you. I'm your bride." If he's 17, she's only like 13 or 14. Japan is weird like that. And now proof. Before meeting the husband, she tells her girls school about the family debt so she's sold to be the lender's son's wife. And it says that girls in Japan can't get married until 15.

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru - Dai Mankai no Shou - (Yuki Yuna is a Hero) It's Baby Metal the anime. Bunch of high school girls play heavy metal. The show goes all over the place. There were like 30 topics in the first episode, so pass.

Yakunara Mug Cup mo S2 - (Walking to Pottery Town) Show from a year ago. It had a decent enough first episode back then, but I didn't watch it. I'm not going to watch this either.

Saturday
Hanyou no Yashahime- Continuation from back in the spring. I didn't watch it then, so I'm not going to watch it now.

Saihate no Paladin - (The Faraway Paladin) Kid is reborn with 3 undead guardians. Ghost, Zombie & Skeleton. They teach him how to do things, such as becoming a wizrd, or know how to use the sword. It isn't bad.

Build Divide - Code Black - Shitty card game anime. Pass.

Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi - (My Senpai is Annoying) Slice of life about a dwarf girl. She's a sales person saying how she's a grown up every step of the way. That said, it's not a bad show. I'll give it another episode or two before I decide.

Muteking the Dancing Hero - (Dancing Hero) This shows how the K-Pop band BTS got their start. Fuck no.

Waccha PriMagi! - (All Pretty Series) Children's magic girl crap. This is bad.

Shikizakura - CGI animation, but it resembles Hero Academia in looks. But it's still really CGI, where as MHA isn't. I guess the girl's a princess. This show sucks.

Sunday
Mieruko-chan - Cute high school girl sees endless scary shit. It might be in her head, but I still don't care about "scary" shit, so pass.

Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru - (Night Beynd the Tricornered Window) Some homo sees ghosts. This is gay as fuck. Pass.

Tesla Note - 100% CGI animation. It's enough for me to not even care to watch it.

Kimetsu no Yaiba - Mugen Ressha-hen - (Demon Slayer) This is the weekly form of the movie.

Mushoku Tensei - (Jobless Reincarnation) It's back! Season 1 was fantastic, so I hope it remains true to form.

Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu - (Vampire's Cosmonaut) Space and Vampires. It isn't grabbing me.

Ancient Girls Frame - Another Chinese show. HARD CORE CGI. It's a story about girls fighting against space monsters and... pass.

Ganbare Douki-chan - 6 minute. 2 people work at a sales club. She digs him and he's clueless, so she keeps making things happen where they're forced to be around each other. It's cute, so I'll give it a go.

Getsoyoubi no Tawawa S2 - (Tawawa on Monday) 6 minute. Big titted girl is very annoying so pass.

Ok, I liked way too many of these on a surface level. I'll have to eliminate like half within the next week or two.
EDIT: Adding new shows as they drop.

God's work right here!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is the demon slayer season any different from the actual train movie? Are you saying that the season is just the movie sliced into episodes?