Fall 2021 Anime Thread

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Pretty much.

Gotta say two weeks without any sexual innuendo shit in Moshuku really makes the show that much better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty much.

Gotta say two weeks without any sexual innuendo shit in Moshuku really makes the show that much better.
So the obvious thing is that he finds out something horrible happened to his mother/maid/half-sibling or all three after the teleport mishap. Maybe they even twist the knife by it having happened right under his nose and if he had actually been paying attention he could have intervened.

Far less likely would be something happening to his magic teacher or father. pretty easy money on some version of the first thing, pedo tensei isnt a particularly innovative/twisty show, I guess because it was one of the pioneers of the genre and didn't need to be.

I'll probably watch it after the early football games are over and red zone slows down.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea these first 5 eps of paladin is why i'd thought it'd be great

i think it's one of the top 3 iseki to baby reincarnation

no stupid regret life do over

no op bring knowledge from urth

no special "hero" blessings

no mmo level up cheat w/ infinite space inventory

and they focused so much on just the "family" aspect, its really rare for this build up to be so slow but every eps is worthwhile.

and then best is that his family "died"/moved on, so now theres no evil trope of "if we hold his family hostage..." (i mean sure gus is still there, but he's fucking mega powerful)

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Went and read the manga for Moshuku Tensei, and given where they are in the anime, plus the poster for this season, I'm pretty sure the ending is going to be a cliffhanger (sorta), but would need some filler. Not sure if there is enough content for another season in the Spring or Summer, so we may have to wait awhile.

For those who have read the manga to current chapter:
I like that there is a time skip, but Rudy doesn't seem to have progressed as much as everyone else, even though he is insanely strong. The University arc seemed like a lot of filler, but the future seems pretty grim for Rudy now with his relationship with Sylph & Eris... nothing good will come from that when they meet. Also, if anyone recalls, when the Demon Lord arrives at the University, there was Sword apprentice who was jealous of Eris, but then there was also some bard like character who was watching it all. Who was that?

Also, when Rudy meets that other person from JP, nothing was mentioned of the time difference between their arrivals. Rudy was reborn at least 10yrs before the girl was summoned, nothing has been mentioned about that yet either. Odd.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This Season is turning out to be really good, even if there is a lack of new shows.

Paladin is top tier, and I also really like Platinum End.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Mushoku Tensei was a real tear jerker this week. At least for me. I'm such a pussy.

Watching the father kneel down and hug his son, and burst out into tears was enough. I've been way too susceptible to tears from TV ever since I had kids.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Went and read the manga for Moshuku Tensei, and given where they are in the anime, plus the poster for this season, I'm pretty sure the ending is going to be a cliffhanger (sorta), but would need some filler. Not sure if there is enough content for another season in the Spring or Summer, so we may have to wait awhile.

For those who have read the manga to current chapter:
I like that there is a time skip, but Rudy doesn't seem to have progressed as much as everyone else, even though he is insanely strong. The University arc seemed like a lot of filler, but the future seems pretty grim for Rudy now with his relationship with Sylph & Eris... nothing good will come from that when they meet. Also, if anyone recalls, when the Demon Lord arrives at the University, there was Sword apprentice who was jealous of Eris, but then there was also some bard like character who was watching it all. Who was that?

Also, when Rudy meets that other person from JP, nothing was mentioned of the time difference between their arrivals. Rudy was reborn at least 10yrs before the girl was summoned, nothing has been mentioned about that yet either. Odd.
The manga isn't important. The entire Mushoku Tensei story is in book form. Doesn't matter if a comic book artist drew pictures for it. That's the whole point of the animation department. And chances are, they started animating it before the manga even began, and they shared the character illustrations so there would be continuity between both media.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The manga isn't important. The entire Mushoku Tensei story is in book form. Doesn't matter if a comic book artist drew pictures for it. That's the whole point of the animation department. And chances are, they started animating it before the manga even began, and they shared the character illustrations so there would be continuity between both media.
man i still can't finish this boring ass book, i don't know how you did

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I read everything, so maybe that's why. I enjoyed the hell out of the first 15 books, so I just charged forward until I was done.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Mushoku Tensei was a real tear jerker this week. At least for me. I'm such a pussy.
That panties mask scene was just retarded. The show can be good, but it is also terrible. I like Pedo Tensei, but really wish they'd cut down on the creepy stuff. The show is better without it.

Ranking of kings continues to be this season's ride for me. Everything about this episode was just good. It's breaking my anime logic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That panties mask scene was just retarded. The show can be good, but it is also terrible. I like Pedo Tensei, but really wish they'd cut down on the creepy stuff. The show is better without it.

Ranking of kings continues to be this season's ride for me. Everything about this episode was just good. It's breaking my anime logic.
his panty fetish is literally how he becomes king of high school

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
his panty fetish is literally how he becomes king of high school

the-god-of-highschool-anime.gif

• 1Worf

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
It's not like the protagonist previously was a 34 year old total degenerate, end even living for a few years in a new world doesn't magically undo all the built up degeneracy.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
TBH i find it stupid and annoying as well - its likely the single thing i hate about this show - Its almost as bad as the dude in a harem who is scared to be alone with girls

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I bought tickets for the SAO Progressive movie on December 3rd in an IMAX theater. Looking forward to it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disliked the latest episodes for Assassin and Platinum End (first episodes of either that I've not enjoyed), but liked Paladin and World Trigger.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Mushoku Tensei was good. I'm glad they're telling her back story, and she resolved it as well.
Demon Slayer was all kinds of Japanese tentacle monster. Like... way too much.