Fall 2023 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Great recommendation on Beyond Journey's End. I just watched the first episode, and it was fantastic. I'll be honest that I teared up a little during the starfall towards the end. Beautiful show. I have high hopes. Now to watch the next 3 episodes....

I'm also trying to cut back significantly on Anime watching, so I'll only give a chance to what people recommend for this season. And no, that doesn't mean I'm going to go pull up some old shit and watch that. IE - Kaguya-sama. Sorry Gavinmad Gavinmad I'm still not going to watch it.
It's funny that you would dredge this back up to talk shit as if your shitbrained ass isn't the one missing out on one of the funniest and most popular shows in the history of the industry. Keep boldly wearing your fucking stupidity as a badge of pride.

If I really gave a shit about you watching the show I'd just tell Aniplex to make a deal with the Steelbook people.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They released 4 episodes to start the season and have done a damn good job with it so far.
yea, everything is exactly like the manga, amazing 11/10

frierens seiyu is this little girl, lulz
MV5BNTA2NDRmNzQtMTE2Yi00MThlLThmMjAtYzQ4MjNkMjc1NGEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEzMTI1Mjk3._V1_QL75_UY281_CR3,0,190,281_.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I used to really like Initial D. Car racing anime is enjoyable. Anyway, I decided to try the new show, MF Ghost. Even though it's pure digital animation, I still liked the story. I may stick with this. Aside from Goblin Slayer and Sousou, I don't think I'll watch very much this season. I want to cut back.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw a second race show called Overtake. I'll be damned... I like this one also. Even though it focuses on F1 (well, the lesser F4 variant) cars. It's another digital animation, but this one visually looks a lot better than MF Ghost. Ok... so only a few shows. I can deal with that and still do my other shit.

EDIT: Strange, I like everything about this show except the CGI driving. It's too perfect, unlike the rest of the show. Oh well, I'll still give it a few episodes.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Shangri-La Frontier... it's from Kodansha. I do like the way it opened. If you are a reader of Fff-class Trashero you might crack a grin at it too. Rest of the episode was OK to good. The art is decent. Will see where it goes.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Shangri-La Frontier... it's from Kodansha. I do like the way it opened. If you are a reader of Fff-class Trashero you might crack a grin at it too. Rest of the episode was OK to good. The art is decent. Will see where it goes.
i can't even keep up w/ how many resets fff trash has had

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I only watched it because you suggested. It's what I love about Isekai style shows. The guy is OP as shit, and I enjoy that. Thanks.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
i can't even keep up w/ how many resets fff trash has had
Did you watch Shangri-La Frontier? The opening scene is just *chef's kiss* for a Fff-class Trashero reader. If I didn't know better I would say the writers for the anime are fans as well. The after end credits scene about it is also great.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Did you watch Shangri-La Frontier? The opening scene is just *chef's kiss* for a Fff-class Trashero reader. If I didn't know better I would say the writers for the anime are fans as well. The after end credits scene about it is also great.
i don't remember the manga being that similar to fff, guess i'll check it out

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Just watched Sousou no Frieren and I have to say it's fantastic as well. Reminds me of Mushoku Tensei in its ability to bring enjoyment in every episode.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Enjoyed both the VRMMO shows. Eminence in Shadow season 2 started off great, this arc is gonna be awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
VRMMO is a fun manga, and yeah, hella relaxing. Glad to see it getting an anime.