Fall 2023 Anime Thread

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Frieren is really good. Like exceptional.

Damn.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Frieren and SLF are both top tier anime so far, if any of you haven't started watching either or both, do yourself a favor and start.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
The initial dragon fight was great.

"Yeah, dragons really are pretty tough. We should run"

Her expression, lol.

• 2Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The entire season is top tier. Jujutsu Kaisen, SLF, Shield Hero, Frieren, Faraway Paladin, Goblin Slayer, and Rurouni Kenshin are all top tier but there's other solid ones like the final Bleach, Spy Family, and Dead Mount. There's a lot more than normal that I'm really enjoying watching.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm doing 10 shows, but honestly... I could pass on a few of them. They aren't compelling me to keep watching, which is a shame. Oh well. My 10 are as follows:

Toaru Ossan No VRMMO Katsudouki - Archer guy
Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu S2 - Saint's Magic
Mahoutsukai no Yome S2 - Mage's Bride
Jujutsu Kaisen - No description needed.
Goblin Slayer S2 - Read above
Sousou no Frieren - Elf Wizard
Saihate no Paladin S2 - The name saying Paladin tells you.
Shangri-La Frontier - Awesome show about trash gamer playing best game.
Overtake - It's about F4 racing (predecessor to F1)
MF Ghost - New Initial D series.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm doing 10 shows,

dude
25d451223c8ed36ff1870f7cc0182bb2.png

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah... Roughly 1 a day is a huge cut back for me. Last season I was doing like 3 every day. Stupid numbers. And I'll probably crop the list a little more. There's really only 4-5 shows I "really" like this season. Elf wizard, trash game guy, jujutsu kaisen and the 2 car shows. The rest are just time wasters.
EDIT: Shit, and Goblin Slayer also. I still really like that show.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah... Roughly 1 a day is a huge cut back for me. Last season I was doing like 3 every day. Stupid numbers. And I'll probably crop the list a little more. There's really only 4-5 shows I "really" like this season. Elf wizard, trash game guy, jujutsu kaisen and the 2 car shows. The rest are just time wasters.
EDIT: Shit, and Goblin Slayer also. I still really like that show.
I noticed you didn't have Shield Hero in your list. It is top tier with Goblin Slayer and Frieren. Just started S3, so lots to binge if you never got into it previously.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Didn't even list Spy Family. You get an F, Fraudolis

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I noticed you didn't have Shield Hero in your list. It is top tier with Goblin Slayer and Frieren. Just started S3, so lots to binge if you never got into it previously.
I watched the first 2 seasons, but I've also read the light novels. Once you read the books, you kind of lose the love of the anime (in some cases. That didn't happen with Mushoku Tensei because it's such a great anime)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watched the first 2 seasons, but I've also read the light novels. Once you read the books, you kind of lose the love of the anime (in some cases. That didn't happen with Mushoku Tensei because it's such a great anime)
In regards to Mushoku Tensei:
How long does Rudy stay at that school? I read some more of the manga, and now his sisters are there...

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In regards to Mushoku Tensei:
How long does Rudy stay at that school? I read some more of the manga, and now his sisters are there...
These events
with his sisters are the first half of Light Novel Volume 11. Halfway into LN11 is the third Turning Point which I will vaguely describe as Rudeus receiving a letter. The third turning point is regarded as the midpoint of the main novel series.

The manga being monthly means there will be a couple more chapters until the turning point and then the plot will change focus. For the anime we will get to LN11 and LN12 events in Spring 2024

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
All you guys shitting on JJK this season can suck my dick.

That shit hit different since the bitch took a bullet to the head. Every episode has been better than the previous one since.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've turned into such a bitch since my parents died. Frieren got me tearing up for characters we had like 3 minutes with at that point.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I hear ya man. In the 2nd or 3rd episode when the took the hike to the elf suggested starshower location, I teared up a bit when the Hero said it would be his last time ever seeing it. Life is finite. We are all fragile in that way.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Frieren was over too goddamn fast today. The next episode or two should be especially good though. Time for some ass kicking.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All you guys shitting on JJK this season can suck my dick.

That shit hit different since the bitch took a bullet to the head. Every episode has been better than the previous one since.
I loved the last episode where Nanamin(?) beat the shit out of the femboy. Latest episode was kinda meh since Yuji didn't do shit. I think its the pacing and the new art direction that putting most ppl off.

Also, how bad was S2 of Shield Hero? I didn't watch because it was universally panned as shit. Can I skip directly to S3? I thought S1 was great manly due to the revenge aspect.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
JJK animation took a fucking nosedive. The story is still good. The animation was on par with Ufotable. MAPPA was becoming the GOAT. And then this shit. I don't really get it, some of their stuff is S tier, and some of their stuff is phoned the fuck in. And JJK was a hugely popular show so why the fuck did they put their C team on the animation for half the season?

Hell's Paradise is so fucking weird and animated so beautifully. Why did they pull their A team off of JJK? What the fuck is going on?

JJK Season 1 was Demon Slayer good. Now Demon Slayer stands alone. JJK S2 is a fucking joke in comparison.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I read manga, not LNs. Anime just caught up to manga, so from here on out will be new to me.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was a really good little chat at the end of Frieren.

• 2Like