Fall 2023 Anime Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yes it was. This is like scene for scene exactly what was in the manga, and I am loving it. The moment at the beginning with Fern explaining that Frieren waking up early is a holy miracle. The flashback and explanation as to what demons actually are, and that ice cold cliffhanger at the end. This really is a masterpiece. The story itself, and the anime.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I dropped jjk. For the love of god just focus on your story anime. Filler or not, I don’t give a fuck when anime’s are like fuck you let’s do a whole season of meaningless backstory.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yes it was. This is like scene for scene exactly what was in the manga, and I am loving it. The moment at the beginning with Fern explaining that Frieren waking up early is a holy miracle. The flashback and explanation as to what demons actually are, and that ice cold cliffhanger at the end. This really is a masterpiece. The story itself, and the anime.

I cannot wait until we eventually get to Weise and Macht but that will not be until season 2 at the earliest.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Frieren was over too goddamn fast today. The next episode or two should be especially good though. Time for some ass kicking.
i've had to re-read frieren 3x

1x
to refresh all the events

2x

3x
holy shit, the hero party!

i don't think i've ever seen anything do as great a
nostalgia callback
as frieren, usually, especially anime, you'll get 1 chapter or half an episode, oh my great enemy, this is how it started

and at the end of the chapter

this is how it ended

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, how bad was S2 of Shield Hero? I didn't watch because it was universally panned as shit.
"Shit" is a wild exaggeration. It had serious pacing issues and was a rather weak follow-up to the excellent first season but it's far from unwatchable. The main problem is that it has an inescapable filler feel to it at first because it quite literally is a sidequest, but the stakes get raised significantly as the story unfolds. I certainly don't think it's so bad as to be worth skipping outright, and they've already referenced events of S2 at least once already in S3 so it's better to have watched it imo.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I cannot wait until we eventually get to Weise and Macht but that will not be until season 2 at the earliest.
Just means we have good things to look forward to. I am happy that they are taking the time to do it all right.

• 1Solidarity

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I dropped jjk. For the love of god just focus on your story anime. Filler or not, I don’t give a fuck when anime’s are like fuck you let’s do a whole season of meaningless backstory.
The fuck?

What a shit take.

• 3Like
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Shit" is a wild exaggeration. It had serious pacing issues and was a rather weak follow-up to the excellent first season but it's far from unwatchable. The main problem is that it has an inescapable filler feel to it at first because it quite literally is a sidequest, but the stakes get raised significantly as the story unfolds. I certainly don't think it's so bad as to be worth skipping outright, and they've already referenced events of S2 at least once already in S3 so it's better to have watched it imo.
Ok, thanks.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This week's SLF went by really fast, and didn't really seem to accomplish anything. I still like the show, though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I never saw Chappie. I'll have to give it a try at some point.

Look at this fucking clown saying he'll watch some utter trash fire of a movie just because someone posted a YT clip with Hugh Jackman in it when damn near a million people on MAL say Kaguya is one of the best anime ever made and he refuses to watch it out of nothing more than petulant and childish obstinacy.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This week's Dead Mount Death Play was great fun. Still no fucking clue whatsoever as to where this show is supposed to be going, but I am on this train until we get there.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Ep start: Frieren is in jail. ok.

Things happened.

As soon as she made this face I realized exactly where she was going.

image.png

Feels like 2 mins later. End credits.

Holy shit that went fast.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shield Hero writing feels pretty fucking stupid atm. Bitch, who has mostly been pretty fucking transparent and short-sighted so far, has somehow managed to completely circumvent the slave crest and also convince the Sword Hero that she's an innocent victim of Naofumi's plotting, and I guess we're just supposed to accept it on the basis that Ren is just that desperate for any excuse to avoid taking responsibility for getting his entire party killed?

It was fine when Motoyasu was the only hero that was a total fucking retard because he served as comic relief but if the Bow Hero turns out to be an utter moron too I think I'll be taking a nice long break from the show.