Fall 2023 Anime Thread

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Please please please please don't break my heart by sucking in the end. PLEASE

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Shangri-La Frontier continues to entertain. I actually found out that the writer of the show started off making a web novel of it (which also became a manga). It has around 350 chapters now, so I'm downloading all of them to convert into a .mobi file so I can read on my kindle. Good shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
MF Ghost was a decent episode as well. And suddenly it introduced the driver from Initial D. Good shit.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I dunno, temper your expectations? Not a manga reader but I can tell you with a pretty high degree of confidence how it's going to go based on what they've set up. Putting it in tags on the off chance that I get it dead-on right and some faggoty weeb gets all up in my shit about it.

The team of destiny is going to win after Falco flies Annie and Gabi to the fight. Everyone lives happily ever after because it was a group of Eldians who saved the world. And a black guy. And it's arguable that there is no such thing as an Eldian anymore after Eren's death. The only real questions will be who lives and dies (Levi, Mikasa, Connie, Gabi, and Falco live for sure, Reiner probably dies, Pieck is 50/50) and how long and treacly the epilogue ends up being. Like Mikasa and Connie probably end up married and living wherever Mikasa's mother was from, Gabi gets adopted by Kaya's family, Reiner gets a moment with his mother before he dies, etc. Also at some point they'll reveal if Eren really was just a slave to causality and was going to continue the rumbling until the world was stomped flat or if he had other plans.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Pluto seems pretty good, if kind of slow ( only 3 ep in, will reserve judgement on that for finish ).

Having competent dual audio is kind of interesting - I generally prefer the JP audio, but in this one almost none of the characters are japanese, and not a single one of the japanese voice actors can actually pronounce their own character's name, which is a little distracting. Not uncommon I guess, I was a little surprised that the english VA could pronounce Gesicht correctly.

Storywise it's kind of like the robot anime version of True Detective, so far following the investigation of a string of vaguely occult looking serial murders of famous robots and robot rights activists.

Interesting setting, although the world building seems a bit sketchy - they don't say what year it is, but the level of technology seems kind of inconsistent with a timeline that has had 39 different wars in central asia.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It's 2023 I'm watching the final season of AoT

It's 2021 I'm watching the final season of AoT

It's 2019 I'm watching the final season of AoT

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This mother fuckers a menace.

9ea592384e6d1c74e989fad350a602ab378598c8.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It's 2023 I'm watching the final season of AoT

It's 2021 I'm watching the final season of AoT

It's 2019 I'm watching the final season of AoT
It’s really annoying how they name their seasons. I stopped a bit ago and will just let it finish. If it gets good reviews I’ll binge it.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Frieren was just a feast for the eyes especially the second half.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I hate the wait every week but enjoy it way too much to wait for the entire season to come out before binging.

I know what's going to happen since I read the manga and I still can't help watching it as soon as it's available. Once this season is done I'm probably going to binge it.

So damn good.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Frieren was just a feast for the eyes especially the second half.
That’s the show I’m definitely looking forward to binging the most once I return to civilization. First few episodes were just top.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God damn JJK continues to deliver. The latest episode and the one before it are just top tier Shonen. I especially like the bathroom fight and that entire episode. Had a lot of shit going for it.

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Well for all the crying about the end of aot from the manga readers from years back, I feel satisfied with this.