Fallout 76

Cybsled

Some more interesting info:

If you kill someone in pvp, they can loot the junk items on them. Junk is used in crafting/base building

You can attack and damage player bases, but the blueprint system makes it easy to restore. Bases poof when you log off. You can steal crops, but you can’t access storage units.

Map will have spawned events you can’t solo. Some of the best loot comes from this

Map has zones like a MMO. If you are a noob and try to run to high level zones, you’re going to die if shit aggros

Power armor will be an inventory item vs. vehicle in FO4.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>

This was a pretty good video, and even though there was some negativity I could see it being fun to go around with a few mates and find the super hard bosses.

Cybsled

Most survival games tend to be fairly lonely...you usually run into other players at hot spots and rarely outside of that.

I'm curious to see what this looks like on a PC

Dull

Molten Core Raider
Also been looking at some of the Greenbrier press event vids, found this one interesting. The dude runs from the vault to a spot on the other end of the map.

Not sure I understand the level spread on the mobs, there are lvl 6 to 14 in the far off area, shouldnt they be higher? Or is Beth spawning lvl "appropriate" monsters?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Review after 3 hours with hands on.

7F3186E9-0F9B-4356-BD2A-2026B95BEBAE.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pass. Hopefully this has some redeeming value but after wasting over a full hour on playing Elder Scrolls Online I doubt it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

It is basically DayZ/SCUM/Rust with Fallout theme. If those types of games don't interest you, then it isn't surprising FO76 wouldn't interest you either.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
As long as it doesn’t have the shitty food/water countdown timers that many survival games have, I’ll probably give it a go.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I watched 20 minutes of one video that seems to be taken down and 20 minutes from the "travel the map" video.

- Lots of visual popins
- Rubberbanding
- Severe framerate drops
- Loot seems to be dropped for the individuals, so looked like you don't have to rush to loot / ninja loot.
- VATS is now just autoaim? I saw one person use it where the gameworld doesn't slow down, but just fired a shot not aiming at the mob at all, but hit it. Makes sense since you can't slow down a multiplayer world.
- The map looks very large. The travel video starts down and to the centre of the map, not from the edge. And he traveled to the closest corner. Take away the times he stopped and it would probably take around 20 minutes. Judging by the distance he traveled, it would probably take an hour or two to cross the map from the top left to bottom right.
- At one point, a tester shot another tester and got the message saying that safe mode was on. So might be able to turn off PVP or it is server based?
- When one person died from a level 52 dev, when he ran back his "junk" was left behind where he died. Did not drop weapons\armor, but you might be able to loot resources from PVP kills. If the game is centered around looting junk (which it looked like), and you drop it when dying I really hope you can turn off PVP. If not griefing will become a huge issue once people start leveling up. The level 52 dev oneshot four level 4-5 people in 3 seconds.

From that my conclusion is that if those graphical problems are on the most powerful Xbox, I would not buy it on the PS Pro. It's bound to be far worse. PC only for this. It also looked very ... bland? The tweet looks accurate.

I dunno. I don't see it lasting much longer than one character journey from level 1 to max. Where is the longevity? And while it is probably more fun to play it yourself, I got bored 20ish minutes into the video where they also said they edited it to contain only the action.

I am not hyped. I am "Meh.... will see".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm sure they'll redesign most of the game to fix the problems in the time they have before full release. I mean, they have a whole month!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It's not even in beta yet.

It launches in 5 weeks. (Mic drop)

Game looks like a bunch of liberals designed a PvP game. It also runs like ass, and that is surprising because word has it this is a reskin of Battlecry and being shoved out the door with hastily produced Fallout assets. One would think the netcode and engine would be decent after 7 years in development :)

Another Shady Shandy hits Bethesda as we see another IP fake out for the almighty dollar.

Dear Hines - Stick to making games from the ground up or you will destroy the value of your IP's with this bullshit.

BattleCry Studios is now Bethesda Game Studios Austin | PC Gamer

Looks like this game had about 6 months in the "Let's see if we can get back funding restored for the original in a timely business matter"... And out comes this disaster.

No one should be shocked.

(The only reason why I will rent this is to play Beer Tapper on the Pipboy lol)

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users