Fantasy Basketball 2014, indicate interest and when you can draft.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Also, I think a number of you probably should have played the free agent field more. I usually used my 7 signing spots and sometimes that was the difference between gaining or losing a couple wins.
I should do this. I noticed how active you were in FA during the season. I guess I just feel too loyal to my guys. A guy like Tobias Harris will be out for a week or so and everyone out there sucks ass compared to him when healthy but keeping him on the roster is really just a waste.

I don't think I did bad for my first fantasy basketball experience.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I should do this. I noticed how active you were in FA during the season. I guess I just feel too loyal to my guys. A guy like Tobias Harris will be out for a week or so and everyone out there sucks ass compared to him when healthy but keeping him on the roster is really just a waste.

I don't think I did bad for my first fantasy basketball experience.
Yeah, I think Tobias Harris is probably a keeper though, unless he's out for a month. But I think everyone had guys that they could have dropped and made up because of getting a few extra games. Also worth checking out the schedule when adding and dropping, too. Dropping a guy off a back to back to pick up a guy starting a back to back is pretty good value.

Also worth thinking about this stuff for the next draft, that maybe 1-2 of your guys you're going to drop quickly anyway so better to spend their cash on other picks for higher quality.

DickTrickle

All my team is resting now. Faaaack.
Well, with the round being so long, there'll definitely be days where it's turned. I just wish Kyle Lowry would return before the season is over. Steals would be very nice from him and he's too good to drop. Now Parsons looks like he's going to miss more time too.

On a side note, I picked up Ryan Anderson. Did you know he was back playing? It will be kind of messed up if he helps me win given your team name and picture, haha.

DickTrickle

Congratulations to Gilg. One more day to make it official but it's in the bag.

Definitely some interesting lessons learned as this was my first time playing fantasy basketball. Next draft I need to focus a little more on higher quality with my initial picks.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Not over yet but yeah, great season. I think the only reason I've won all of these is that I identified who I felt was the absolute most valuable player in fantasy(Durant the other times, AD this year) and made sure I got him. Then you just fill in the blanks. Generally my team is half waiver wire by the end of the season anyway, and being very aggressive with pickups(I'll take the upside guy over a steady guy every time) allows you to get Whiteside, Covington, Mirotic, etc. I even had Gobert before he blew up but I had blocks secured already with Deandre/AD/Whiteside and I wanted BroLo's scoring so I let him go and he exploded.

Great season though, I really thought I was sunk when Mathews/Anderson went down because my 5 categories of focus included 3s and couldn't include free throw shooting due to Deandre, but it still worked out thanks to BroLo going ham and some good pickups.

DickTrickle

Yeah, I think I would get a little too focused on the week's matchup instead of waiting to see if someone would blow up. I would have kept Draymond Green if I had been more focused long term than worrying about the week's matchup. I dropped Gobert something like three times before I finally stuck with him so easily could have been kept permanently by someone else. I definitely agree with you about focusing on the top valuable players and realizing that you can still get a lot of value on the waiver wire. My draft was focused on balance and that was a mistake.

DickTrickle

I sent a PM to Gilg asking if he was going to run the league again but no response yet. If not, I'd be willing to start up a league if people are interested. Do people from last year want to play again? Season is fast approaching so we'd have to draft soon.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not opposed to playing again but if someone wants the spot I could give it up too, I don't know shit about basketball and it showed.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've never done fantasy basketball but I am an avid fan. I'd be willing to play, definitely, but there's a chance I have no idea what I'm doing.
biggrin.png

Here's my resume though:

Fantasy Football
'12-Current
Three top 3 finishes.
One championship appearance.
2015 Scoring Champ
2015 Best Record

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm down to do this again. I was surprisingly better than I thought I would be. We should make it cost some cash flows though.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Alright poll is up, if you are back for this year vote yes. Gonna set the draft for Monday night during foosball. If you want in just ask, I'm sure we'll have some spots. League is head to head auction.

Also added an IR slot.

I assume people want a fresh start since we'll have some turnover, so I can remove keepers.

Sterling

El Presidente
Depending on when the draft is scheduled I wouldn't mind playing this year if there's a spot.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I forgot that I was even in this league about a week after the draft and never checked it again. MY BAD Y'ALL. Fantasy bball seems like too much work though, so count me out. Don't want to fuck up your league again bros.