Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I honestly thought he meant starting Vareen was a no brainer.. Lol

So I got myself a first round bye in my playoffs.. Really only 1 team that worries me since we seem to take turns on who scores the most points each week.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can clinch the playoffs with a win this week, wr- Stills or Boykin? Leaning towards Stills after the goose egg Boykin put up last week. Qb- Rivers or Foles? Not too sure about that one.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm running away from Boykin. GB is poison. Stills is a shit option, but I think I'd take it.

I'd lean towards Foles. Detroit's D had a good week against GB, but see the above statement. That shit was meaningless. Rivers looked like garbage, I know he's playing NYG but I just don't have faith in him.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was checking out the waiver for wr and I can get either SD- Allen, Ten- Washington, Sea- Baldwin or Phi- Cooper. I already have Jackson from Philly so I question picking up another wr from them. Any help would be appreciated.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was checking out the waiver for wr and I can get either SD- Allen, Ten- Washington, Sea- Baldwin or Phi- Cooper. I already have Jackson from Philly so I question picking up another wr from them. Any help would be appreciated.
I've been playing Allen since Julio went down and he has been pretty decent, usually pushing 80-100 yards a game and will also get a score pretty consistently fwiw I think he's the best option you listed.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cincinnati's defense has a tendency of making QBs look like garbage.
I don't mean his stats(which ended up way better than I thought), I mean watching the actual game. He was hucking passes in the dirt and way over heads and just making shit decisions in general. At least that's what I took away from what they showed on Red Zone.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I've about thrown up my hands at trying to pick the right starters for my big money league. Ended the season with 4 game losing streak, a sub. 500 record, and a divisional championship, thus making the playoffs (think Seahawks 2011).

Pick 4.

Victor Cruz @SD, Tiquan Underwood vs BUF, Cecil Shorts VS HOU(thursday game), Jordan Cameron @NE, Dez Bryant @CHI (monday game), T.Y. Hilton @CIN, and Brandon LaFell @NO.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tough call on 4th spot. Shorts still gets targets and he found the endzone this week(HOLY FUCK!) but he was also hurt and you don't know how much he'll play Thursday. Sucks to lock down a roster spot that early and have it likely wasted.

Underwood is out. You're basically gambling on a guy breaking one and he gets so few targets it's not worth it.

Lafell is getting a decent amount of targets but he never seems to break anything. That's unlikely to change against NO.

Hilton is a huge disappointment and that's not going to change playing the Bengals with a double team on him start to finish.

I think Shorts wins by default. He gets the most targets and he's playing the worst defense. Just pray the groin doesn't hold him back and that he accidents his way in to paydirt again. Watch real close going up to gametime tomorrow to see if he'll be limited.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
First week of playoffs for my massive league. I managed to win my division with a great 10-3 record, but my first playoffs matchup is a tough one and I need help with two of my flex positions. My choices aren't great, but this is still an important decision.

Choose Two:

Brandon LaFell @ NO
Jerricho Cotchery vs. MIA
Mike Tolbert @ NO
Rod Streater @ NYJ
Brandon Bolden vs. CLE

I think I should start Streater regardless due to the defensive matchup, but I have no idea about the other position. The RB situation in NE is a total clusterfuck but Bolden is the dude that's fucked up the least so he may end up getting more carries this week.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I'd go LaFell over Bolden. Unless you have Vareen there is just no way to tell how these guys will do.. I think Bolden is probably good for 10-15 points but I doubt more then that. Vareen is really getting a lot of touches.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Bolden is probably good for 10-15 points but I doubt more then that.
Bolden has broken 10pts twice this year, and both of those just barely. He's probably good for 2 points, but I doubt more than that.

I'd say Lafell and Streater. If you want to gamble maybe stick Cotchery in there. He's been Ben's redzone go to guy and Miami has decent WR stopping so he might get more looks with Brown/Sanders drawing the top coverage guys. He's a much bigger TD threat than the other guys, but he doesn't get the looks they do so you're pretty heavily gambling on him getting one in.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's done it 3x in my PPR.. Also a some games around 9-10. I guess I should add why I think Bolden is good for 10 points.. He will most likely get any first down goal line carries but who knows with the pats..But I sill like LaFell over him.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah he had a couple good receiving games when Vereen was out, but with him back that's out the window. They use Vereen almost like another TE half the time.

After Vereen I just can't trust any NE RB. Even aside from Blount/Bolden/Ridley competing for goal line carries you'll get that cuntwad Belicheck throwing in an extra fuck you and bringing some roided out white guy in off the street to vulture you. Who the fuck is James Develin!?

No, I say run the other way from any NE RB that's not Vereen.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Thanks, folks. I was thinking Bolden would be the worst but I was really torn between the other three not named Streater. Tolbert and Cotchery are only attractive due to their red zone opportunities, but they seem to come somewhat often. DeAngelo Williams will probably be back this week too which will knock Tolbert down a notch or two.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, they might win the Patriots more games, but no one gives a shit about that here. All we want to know is which fucking running back is he actually going to give the ball to this week.