Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Still 8 of us left in suicide pool. 5 of us had Arizona, 2 had Cincy and 1 had Indy. Time to look at this coming week's games. Looks like my pick is going to be Detroit at home over Tampa. Do not see any other good picks out there given the teams remaining i have to choose from.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And Nelson scored 17, doubt Ridley will do so well.

I need to start doing the opposite of the consensus here.
tongue.png
I'm expecting Vareen to have a pretty big role tonight. Carolina's D is tough but having to deal with Gronk and Vareen out of the backfield will probably be a matchup nightmare. Seems like a logical game plan anyway...

My team kicked ass again.. With my kicker left tonight. Just the guys ahead me aren't losing..they are barely getting by. 2 guys have been pretty lucky this year.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm up by 9ish with New England defense tonight versus Dobson and Gano =/. Have a feeling it's gonna be a sweat (unless Dobson gets a fast 80 + touchdown or something).

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Anybody like Houston at home over Oakland better than Detroit at home over Tampa for this week's games? I think Detroit is safer pick for suicide pool, but I think the other 7 guys left are likely to go with them as well and there maybe some game strategy reasons to pick Houston and hope for a Tampa upset to possibly win the pool outright this week or have it narrowed down significantly. Or should I stop over thinking it and just go with the Lions?

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Crap I meant Jacksonville. Point still stands. Both Detroit and Houston are favored by 10pts. Hard to believe a 2-8 team is favored by 10 pts over anybody, even the Jags. Tampa has looked a bit better in recent weeks, but Detroit is still probably safer to pick than having my hopes of winning 3 grand riding on a 2 win team.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
At this point, Houston is such a fucking train wreck, I don't know if I'd pick them to beat anyone, Jacksonville included. I'm kinda looking forward to, in a masochistic, how-ugly-can-it-possibly-get kinda way the rest of our schedule: New England, at Indy, Denver (plus 2 vs Jacksonville and one with Tennessee).

I blame those goddamn letter jackets they made such a big deal out of. They are 4-12 since those fucking things.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, he might play but if he's out Ingram will get more carries...

I might have an issue with Julius Thomas this week. He's Sunday night and he's questionable. The guy I would replace him with (Kendall Wright) plays at 4. I have no depth after that:-( Hopefully they confirm he is in or out early

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Julius Thomas is pissing me off too, but I have a feeling he will go if at all possible and we will know soon enough. This is too big of a game for him to miss if he's even close.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'd stay away from using any player @CLE. That defense is pretty damn good at home. Sure, Big Ben tore them up this week, but that's not usually the case. And, it's Jacksonville. I'd say he's the odd man out.

Amazingly, I can clinch my division in my monstrous 18-team league with a win this weekend. I'm going against the last place team, but they're projected to do pretty well. I have two spots to fill with three different players:

Rod Streater (@DAL)
Brandon LaFell (TB)
Jerricho Cotchery (@BAL)

Based on performances this season, Cotchery should be my starter, but I really don't like players @BAL. Their defense decides to show up at home usually.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pick 2 of the 3. Jordan Cameron, Cecil Shorts, or TY Hilton.
Shoot myself in the head=/

I'd probably go Hilton and Cameron because with all three guys you're really mostly praying for a TD and Cecil Shorts hasn't scored one since the Nixon administration.

edit: My own version, who for my flex: TY Hilton, Jarret Boykin, Percy Harvin. Was set on Hilton, but he got a bit banged up and has been pretty rubbish. Boykin has been pretty steady but unspectacular. Problem is Boykin plays tomorrow morning, if I run him and Hilton ends up totally cleared I won't have any options. If I don't play Boykin and Hilton does not end up totally cleared I can still play Harvin on Monday.

Thinking I just play Boykin and hope he gets his usual 10 points. He's playing the worse D so I'll just call that the deciding factor. Thanks as usual, FFA thread!

edit2: I do have a real dilemma. Nick Foles or Russell Wilson for my QB2 slot? I'm kind of scrambling right now to try and right my team, been playing for shit. Fell out of first place in standings and points. Both guys are playing pretty decent defenses. Both are at home so I'm kind of leaning Wilson just because of the roof and how good Seattle is at home.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pick one for Flex (PPR):

Alshon Jeffrey (@MIN), Mike Wallace (@NYJ), Jarrett Boykin (@DET) or Percy Harvin (NO). I'm leaning Jeffrey, but Mike Wallace plays lights out every time I sit him.