Fantasy Football Advice

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea bro I have Cooper too, this week has been all kinds of awesome. Fuck you Carr. Shoot me now, seasons over.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My team kicks ass so far. Been winning easily. Kareem Hunt, Shady McCoy, E-Sanders, Dez Bryant, Stafford. Stay healthy everyone. Already lost Olsen but thankfully I have Eifert too.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This faggot Im playing drafted Brady rd 1, Gronk 2, and Kelce 3. His starting rbs Chris Thompson and Perkins. Luckiest piece of shit on the planet :(

He has like 150 some points atm with Perkins still to play

Last edited:

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
12 person standard league. My team:

QB M. Stafford (Det)
RB D. Freeman (Atl)
RB L. Fournette (Jax)
RB/WR K. Hunt (KC)
WR S. Watkins (Lac)
WR M. Bryant (Pit)
TE Z. Ertz (Phi)
D/ST Broncos (Den)
K M. Prater (Det)

Bench

WR K. Benjamin (Car)
RB T. West (Bal)
QB C. Newton
RB C. West (KC)
RB R. Burkhead (NE)
WR T. Smith (Phi)
WR K. White (Chi)

Several people are trying to trade me for Terrance West. I could get Crabtree or Emanuel Sanders from one guy, for instance. Couple guys don't have anything at RB in this league.

I always hesitate to trade, and don't really think I need to. I've never had a stable of RBs like this in the 8-9 years I've been playing. Hate to trade a guy, and then one of my players get hurt.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I have one of those joyous Mondays to sit through. Up 12.5, he has Golden Tate in .5 ppr. I'm sure I'll both convince myself I'm fine and fucked 1000 times today before the game starts.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
12 person standard league. My team:

QB M. Stafford (Det)
RB D. Freeman (Atl)
RB L. Fournette (Jax)
RB/WR K. Hunt (KC)
WR S. Watkins (Lac)
WR M. Bryant (Pit)
TE Z. Ertz (Phi)
D/ST Broncos (Den)
K M. Prater (Det)

Bench

WR K. Benjamin (Car)
RB T. West (Bal)
QB C. Newton
RB C. West (KC)
RB R. Burkhead (NE)
WR T. Smith (Phi)
WR K. White (Chi)

Several people are trying to trade me for Terrance West. I could get Crabtree or Emanuel Sanders from one guy, for instance. Couple guys don't have anything at RB in this league.

I always hesitate to trade, and don't really think I need to. I've never had a stable of RBs like this in the 8-9 years I've been playing. Hate to trade a guy, and then one of my players get hurt.

With the way Crabtree looks right now I'd snag him for T West in a heartbeat. I think Buck Allen is going to be legit, and West is going to lose carries to him.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Trevor Siemian about to come back to earth with his upcoming schedule imo, but think people are gonna jump on him after his first two weeks. If he doesn't come back to earth I'd love to find a spot for him.

Jermaine Kearse might be a guy to pick up but I'm tired of rostering guys on teams that are obviously tanking. Are any of the RB's in Washington really worth owning? I think they exploited the weakness of the Rams D very specifically and would doubt they'll be able to run as effectively the rest of the season. With Thompson I fear he's got too limited of a role to depend on him.

Contemplating dropping either Bilal Powell or Frank Gore and mostly because of how trash their teams are right now. The Colts also end the season @Buf, vDen, @Bal. Uh, no thanks? Makes me think Gore could go, but I could start him this week at home against the Browns.

Forte is out there but that's still the Jets. I dumped Duke Johnson to pick up Engram because I need a backup for brittle Jordan Reed. Might even think about picking him back up but honestly I watched that Browns game and though Duke had a couple great plays to me Crowell looks like the lead back and a better every down player.

I might just be holding my wavier until I see a #1 back go down with an injury. Shit sucks.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well shit someone dropped Jordan Howard, am I crazy for not jumping on that with a waiver claim in PPR? Hurt, Bears, Cohen. Probably a good floor though. Think I probably have to take a shot here. Was hoping to wait for a breakout candidate or a serious injury to a #1 somewhere.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
vGsTlHS.png

I mean I left 38 points on the bench with Diggs but fuck. This is fucked. Basically gotta hope this dude has some injuries.

*also fuck you Rivers, good work winning LA fans over.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Fucking team shit all over me...The guy I'm playing has 2 more playing tonight...And he is already at 153. His fucking kicker (Prater) outscored my Flex.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I fucking love weeks where you'd beat anyone in your league except the fuck face you're playing.
I know this will probably be unpopular due to "purists" or whatever, but we actually use a hybrid scoring system for that exact reason. 10 teams, if you win your match you get 1 point. If you are one of the top 5 scoring teams, you get 1 point. So even if you are the #2 scorer of the week who got unlucky and lost to #1, you still get a point. Conversely, you squeak out a win over the lowest guy for the week, and you don't get the second point for a good score. That way if you have really shitty luck and always play the top scorer, you still might make the playoffs (where it is obviously just head-to-head at that point), but it still doesn't take away from actually winning being important.

Works for us, been using it for close to two decades now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I know this will probably be unpopular due to "purists" or whatever, but we actually use a hybrid scoring system for that exact reason. 10 teams, if you win your match you get 1 point. If you are one of the top 5 scoring teams, you get 1 point. So even if you are the #2 scorer of the week who got unlucky and lost to #1, you still get a point. Conversely, you squeak out a win over the lowest guy for the week, and you don't get the second point for a good score. That way if you have really shitty luck and always play the top scorer, you still might make the playoffs (where it is obviously just head-to-head at that point), but it still doesn't take away from actually winning being important.

Works for us, been using it for close to two decades now.

That's a good idea. I'd like to try a league like that sometime. Finished seventh in a 12 team league a few years ago when I was second in points. Just utterly terrible timing with my opponents.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Who should I play in my flex this week? 0.5 PPR. Right now I'm rolling with Sanu, but this one is tough. Feel Ingram is due for a TD.

Cooper Kupp @ DAL
Mohamed Sanu vs BUF
Mark Ingram @ MIA
Jordan Matthews @ ATL
Marvin Jones @ MIN

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I haven't watched the Lions of the Panthers much, if at all this year. Any prediction on how their game is going to go?

I've got Stafford, Lions D/ST, Prater (K). I've also got Cam and Kelvin Benjamin.

I'm 4-0 going into this week, but am playing against a guy I've got a running side-bet with year to year. Would hate to lose this one, and it looks like the Det/Car game is going to be pretty significant for me.

My gut is telling me to start the Lions players.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I love when I make bad paired decisions in back to back weeks. Started Wentz instead of Cam last week. Starting Cam instead of Wentz this week. Fuuuuuu

Edit: guess that ended up being ok after all, hah.

Last edited:

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So, picked up Alex Smith last week but figured Rivers was playing against a banged up, bad Giants team so he'd score well and I wasn't too high on Smith @houston but obviously that was unfounded. Do I just keep them both and play match-ups? At this point I'm thinking Smith's team is just too good not to play him now and dropping Rivers. Rivers team on offense seems healthy though and he's fairly reliable.

Gotta find a replacement for OBJ too. Have Diggs/Tate/Amari/Kupp still but god damn. Also have to make a decision on what to do with Engram/Reed. Reed's bye is over and hopefully he stays healthy but you almost have to wonder if anyone besides Engram will be thrown at after the week the Giants just had.

Fuck, gonna need some luck for once this god damn season.