Far Cry 6

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Well, I got it for free with my AMD cpu last year. So I'll be playing it I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Any word on this Blood Dragon re-release that's included with FC6 Deluxe edition or whatever? Is it a remaster or a port? Can you buy it separately if you only get FC6 normal edition? I gotta know because I'd love an excuse to replay Blood Dragon.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Any word on this Blood Dragon re-release that's included with FC6 Deluxe edition or whatever? Is it a remaster or a port? Can you buy it separately if you only get FC6 normal edition? I gotta know because I'd love an excuse to replay Blood Dragon.
I will ask at work today. Not sure to whom but I'm gonna poke around.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I will ask at work today. Not sure to whom but I'm gonna poke around.
Blood Dragon remastered …
Waynes World GIF

• 1Truth!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's part of the season pass. No release date yet, and no word if it'll be available separately.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
As a side note, is Ubisoft ever going to allow Coop progress save? Wouldn't be that hard to tie a save to the host and the Coop buddy for one particular instance from the host.

spronk

FPS noob
you get achievements and items but only the host carries forward story progress for co-op.

There are seperate co-op only "extra missions" you can do for loot and shit, thats probably the best thing to do if you wanna play co-op

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Played it for several hours this morning, think I'm pretty close to the end of noob island. Performance-wise, I'm having no issues at all. No crashes or even anything I'd call a bug either. The way they've handled the HD texture pack is fucking clownshoes though. The download button in the Ubi client says you need 11GB of VRAM, the US PC specs site says you need 8GB, and the AUS site says you need 16GB. I have an 8GB 5700XT GPU. In game, running at 3440x1440 ultrawide with everything on Ultra including FidelityFX CAS, it says I'm using 5.4GB. In AMD drivers it says the game has reserved a total of 6.8GB. The game runs fine, 70-100 fps (v-sync off, but fps locked to 100 which is the monitor's Hz) all the time. No problem, except that the game CONSTANTLY bitches about being low on VRAM with a popup. Tried turning off notifications, but it will not go away.

Story is.. Far Cry re-re-re-re-redux. They've basically been telling the same story over and over, only the names and places change.

It plays like every other Ubisoft game. Big map, lots of POIs, hidden loot everywhere, etc. About the only notable thing so far is that the ammo system is retarded. You need armor piercing for dudes with helmets and you need soft target for the ones without helmets. Where it gets retarded is that not only do soft target headshots on helmeted enemies not kill instantly, but also AP bullets to dudes without helmets do not one-shot either. And on top of that, the "ammo" is actually a gun barrel mod, rather than a choice of bullets, which means you have to set up your guns at a workbench to make sure you can headshot both armored and unarmored enemies. I don't expect Far Cry to be a milsim, but ffs...

Edit: Oh, and there's no skill tree. Just perks on armor and mods you can put on the "Supremo" guns.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

tl;dr both next gen consoles are fine running at a pretty rock solid 60 fps, xbox series X is sliiiiiiightly better (render res) but pretty much not noticable at all to most humans.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Played it for several hours this morning, think I'm pretty close to the end of noob island. Performance-wise, I'm having no issues at all. No crashes or even anything I'd call a bug either. The way they've handled the HD texture pack is fucking clownshoes though. The download button in the Ubi client says you need 11GB of VRAM, the US PC specs site says you need 8GB, and the AUS site says you need 16GB. I have an 8GB 5700XT GPU. In game, running at 3440x1440 ultrawide with everything on Ultra including FidelityFX CAS, it says I'm using 5.4GB. In AMD drivers it says the game has reserved a total of 6.8GB. The game runs fine, 70-100 fps (v-sync off, but fps locked to 100 which is the monitor's Hz) all the time. No problem, except that the game CONSTANTLY bitches about being low on VRAM with a popup. Tried turning off notifications, but it will not go away.

Story is.. Far Cry re-re-re-re-redux. They've basically been telling the same story over and over, only the names and places change.

It plays like every other Ubisoft game. Big map, lots of POIs, hidden loot everywhere, etc. About the only notable thing so far is that the ammo system is retarded. You need armor piercing for dudes with helmets and you need soft target for the ones without helmets. Where it gets retarded is that not only do soft target headshots on helmeted enemies not kill instantly, but also AP bullets to dudes without helmets do not one-shot either. And on top of that, the "ammo" is actually a gun barrel mod, rather than a choice of bullets, which means you have to set up your guns at a workbench to make sure you can headshot both armored and unarmored enemies. I don't expect Far Cry to be a milsim, but ffs...

Edit: Oh, and there's no skill tree. Just perks on armor and mods you can put on the "Supremo" guns.
What’s the OP gun? Think silenced M60 in FC5.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Definitely still Far Cry but I'm having fun with it - playing with the CD player gun and it's really strong, as is my silenced armor piercing FAL. Overall it if you like Far Cry in general I can't imagine not enjoying this, but if you're completely over that "formula" take a pass on this game. For me, I'm enjoying it enough and it runs great on my PC (6800xt/11700k).