Far Cry 6

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
That's some odd performance.

3080ti > 3090? AMD performing that much better than anything else?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What’s the OP gun? Think silenced M60 in FC5.
Not sure yet, but the resolver nail gun is easily the best I've tried so far.

3090 is a ton of extra money for stuff that has little to no effect on gaming performance. And FC6 is an AMD-partner game. I get solid 70-90 fps @ 3440x1440 with a 5700XT with everything on ultra, provided I use FideltyFX Super Resolution on Ultra as well (the downgrade is almost unnoticeable anyway).

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure yet, but the resolver nail gun is easily the best I've tried so far.

3090 is a ton of extra money for stuff that has little to no effect on gaming performance. And FC6 is an AMD-partner game. I get solid 70-90 fps @ 3440x1440 with a 5700XT with everything on ultra, provided I use FideltyFX Super Resolution on Ultra as well (the downgrade is almost unnoticeable anyway).
I get 20-25 more frames than the 3080 in most of my games but I guess not a big deal.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Who's buying one of those cards to play at Medium settings?
Here's Hardware Unboxed ultra performance that seems more in line with what would be expected:
1633632833754.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

6800 and 3080 trade in performance in games. Paper performance is pretty much equal so it comes down to drivers and optimizations.

Vorph

Prime members can get a pack of FC6 DLC from Prime Gaming now. The guns are kind of crap (no option for suppressor and not great compared to other 'loud' options either) but the clothes have good perks. Some other cosmetic stuff too, including a new horse.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm surprised no one has photoshopped Biden over Gus on the cover art sniffing the kid, yet

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
really enjoying the game so far, it is basically open world far cry. Its not as fun/crazy as Just Cause, which is a bummer, but it has far higher production values than JC4. Its extremely repetitive but there is just something chill about riding around on a horse with your pet next to you running around killing what seems to be infinite amounts of female soldiers. I dunno whats going on in Cuba er i mean Yara but goddamn these mexican bitches love guns and knives!!

sadly some weird bugs, but nothing thats really hampered my game. It is crazy huge like every recent Ubi game.

• 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Thank you really appreciate the feedback. The characters I did were Eltigre and Yellena.

• 1Like

Vorph

I think Los Bandidos borrowed the RNG from X-Com. I've never seen so many "90% chance" rolls fail.

Also the whole system sucks ass. With the missions taking 1/2/4 hours and having to complete 40 missions to unlock all 8 slots I'll be long done with the game before getting anything good out of it. It only makes sense if they expect people to play for an hour or two a day and take a couple months to get through the game. Someone needs to make a mod that changes it to 5/10/15 minutes for the prep, at least that would be somewhat tolerable.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I can't even lie (and believe me I want to), but, I'm having a lot of fun playing this. A lot more fun than New World post lvl 40 certainly. It kind of has a hint of older GTA games mixed with Far Cry/ASS Creed/etc. I dunno, it's pretty mindless fun and some of the guns are hilarious and awesome to use. I will say that driving (whether it's horse or car) kind of sucks and I hate I can't go 3rd person. However, that's made up by the shear awesomeness of helicopters and planes. Fun as feck to me zipping around the map parachuting into a base etc.

Just finished the first region (I did the one with the Lady & El Doctor first) and I'm at about 30 hours and still have 2 more zones and the final area to go through and still pumped to keep going. Certainly better than 5 for me and much better than the past 2 assassins creed games imo.

• 2Like

Vorph

It's a mistake to do the zones in sequence this time, imo. You should at least meet all 3 groups immediately and establish their camps so that you can build all six facilities as you get the materials. And I would also do the treasure hunt that sends you to all three regions right away.

From that point clear the map how you like. I've been doing them more or less equally and that way I've unlocked about half the bandido leaders (even finding half takes forever for some reason), all the amigos (only Oluso is useful anyway), and have pretty much all the guns and armor. You can do it linear too, but it would have bugged me to get some of the best stuff only towards the end of whatever area I chose last rather than have it for most of the game. Especially when the inventory screen shows you the items and tells you more or less where to go.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
if you care about trophies i'd also add one thing, do these things early

1. clear a base without once being detected (white bar going to yellow above an enemy), it gets harder the more you get into the game

2. clear a base in co-op mode, detection doesn't matter at all. what I did was solo clear everything except 1 enemy, move out of the base, then start matchmaking (host a game). It took like 20 mins sitting around constantly retrying to finally get someone in my game, as soon as they spawned i killed the last guy and we both got the trophy. Pretty easy to get if you have a friend playing, but if you don't its not that hard either except the matchmaking seems kinda fucked up right now

3. clear a base but take out the alarms/cameras from the control room (dont shoot them). there is a dinosaur theme park in the south east (valle prehistiroco) that is easy to do, you can actually do the ninja one with it too

4. there is a hidden trophy for just jumping on a boat and heading to the edge of map, can do anytime its the usual "secret ending"

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This is the only Far Cry game I have played since Blood Dragon so it is all fresh to me. Really enjoying clearing out the map. I was thinking some of the songs on the radio sounded really strange until this song came on that I recognized and finally realized Dani sings along to the songs sometimes.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've only played the first hour or so of this because I've got such a full game slate right now. Curious about the politics of the game though, especially if it's based on Cuba.

In real Cuba, if I'm not mistaken, we have a situation where the government is communist and the people are sick of it / rebelling. In the game's version, is that also the case? Somehow I doubt it, so I'm wondering if this is a situation where Gus' government represents fascism and the good guys / rebels are communists? I hope not. Or maybe the politics are just left out entirely?

Vorph

I've only played the first hour or so of this because I've got such a full game slate right now. Curious about the politics of the game though, especially if it's based on Cuba.

In real Cuba, if I'm not mistaken, we have a situation where the government is communist and the people are sick of it / rebelling. In the game's version, is that also the case? Somehow I doubt it, so I'm wondering if this is a situation where Gus' government represents fascism and the good guys / rebels are communists? I hope not. Or maybe the politics are just left out entirely?
I haven't finished the game yet, but the government you're fighting against is based on Batista, not Castro. And based on the things the rebel leaders say, it does seem like you're basically setting up the country for a communist takeover from whoever turns out to be the game's stand-in for Castro.

It doesn't help that out of the three factions, one of them is completely insufferable (and would just be shot and replaced in any serious revolutionary group) and half of another is like a bunch of rejected characters from one of the Watch Dogs sequels. Naturally there's a character who immediately announces that she's trans and then never shuts up about it, because of course that's what people forced to slave away in magic cancer-curing tobacco fields really care about. And that's not even the main reason that faction is so obnoxious.

Gameplay-wise, FC6 has some fun moments if you like the standard Far Cry formula, but there's not a lot of depth to it. I wouldn't recommend obsessing over the weapons very much; you basically only need the SSGP-58 rifle (AP ammo + best resolver scope/suppressor/pointer) and a bow (EMP arrows). The 4* shotgun, LMG, and desert eagle are good weapons too, but they're fairly superfluous when the best rifle can do everything except EMP tanks and choppers. It's simple to unlock the rifle too, even though it's a 4* and seems like something you won't find until late in the game. All you have to do is build the Guerrilla Garrison up to level 3 and buy it.

Story-wise, the only correct choice is to get Dani a boat and head straight to Miami.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
ubisoft reigns in its politics, in far cry 5, a game about a cult leader doing crazy shit in Montana, it basically boiled down to "cults are whack, eh".

i'm about 1/3 of the way through and its basically Saddam Hussein vs rebels, and you are one of the rebels. One group is zoomer commie (think college aged graffiti artist retards), one group is boomer hippie anti-dictators who love to get high and blow shit up, and last group is fast and furious "family is everything". The most political angle the game gets is some cringe "America is for Americans, immigrants don't get shit" but even that is like 3 or 4 lines and never touched upon again.

Its really basically Just Cause 5 with more production values but lower "fun" - can't do any crazy shit with wing suits, parachutes, sticking items together, bombs, etc.