Far Cry 6

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Skip to 2:34 in the preview gameplay video. Then listen to the rest of it "Painting the picture that America isn't always the solution, and more often than not, a part of the problem"

If I gave a fuck about the personal politics of devs, I couldn't play 95% of the games on the market.

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Looking Lil Dicky GIF by DAVE
Sad Cry GIF by Team Coco
motley crue GIF

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I dunno, we thought FC5 was gonna be hyper-political and it turned out not to be.

The fact that they've released the same game over and over for years is a reason not to buy Far Cry 6, if they didn't politicize the crap out of 5 I doubt they'll do it with 6.
They tried to use the soundtrack for that purpose and accidently made some of the best songs:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, we thought FC5 was gonna be hyper-political and it turned out not to be.

The fact that they've released the same game over and over for years is a reason not to buy Far Cry 6, if they didn't politicize the crap out of 5 I doubt they'll do it with 6.

Yeah, a lot of people thought Joseph Seed was going to be some sort of allegory for Trump and his "cult". Turned out he was just CM Punk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
They tried to use the soundtrack for that purpose and accidently made some of the best songs:

I still think far cry 5 was the best story ive ever played. Absolutely loved the music, story, and everything else. Maybe im biased to the theme but it was amazing. I still listen to those songs, even had the kids singing “jacobs gonna come and set those sinners free” ;)

The game was far cry(newer) sure….but man that plot and theme was awesome. Ill play 6 and hold judgement until i play it. Its easy to take single quotes out of context.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The story of FC5 was fun. The gameplay of getting captured 3-4 times per story arc was fucking retarded, as was the fact that doing things in the 'wrong' order could make you miss missions.

• 1Solidarity

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
The story of FC5 was fun. The gameplay of getting captured 3-4 times per story arc was fucking retarded, as was the fact that doing things in the 'wrong' order could make you miss missions.

Fair enough, but that didnt phase my bigger view i guess. I really liked the theme and story overall. The bliss shit was a bit strange, but the rest i loved. Something about the cult religion thing was awesome.

I have those same high hopes for this when it comes to a ruthless dictator or whatever, but as always ill withhold judgement and comment again in a month. Lucky for me i have the ubipass thing from other games so its no risk for me. Happy to post again after i play and eat my words. I thought 4 kind of sucked storywise. Very anticlimatic

spronk

FPS noob
i'm jonesing for some map clearing, gun shooting, and i miss Gus Fring so i'll be playing at launch. Recently finished AC Valhalla (150 hours lol) so dunno if I'll burn out fast or not.

I don't really expect much in the way of politics and shit, Ubisoft games tend to be design by committee and anything that can possibly offend anyone is quickly neutered to mindless babble. I'm sure there will be some dialogue about capitalism and communism but I bet it will be done for laughs and sound retarded.

I did play a beta a while back, it allows 2 player co-op (only 2, no more) and has all the exact same mechanics and map shit from every recent Far Cry and Ghost Recon game. If you hate clearing zones of 40 different icons, and then rinse and repeating 15 more times the same dozen things... well, don't play this game

• 1Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The fun I had with 5 was that it was super easy to get distracted into doing other shit and often times that led to some fun shit. I played it pretty late, so I had read about the missing parts because it auto skips you forward or whatever, so I did just the story missions basically, and it was fine. I also didn't care that I was "captured" a few times and I couldn't control it. Who gives a fuck?

Crone

A few? They capture you like 10 fucking times.
Eh, didn't care! Was just part of the story, and wasn't involved in any other shit when it would happen, as I was also just doing the story. You'd finish a story mission, get the rep, and it'd trigger it, and off you'd go. No big deal.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I got this from AMD rewards when I got my cpu. I think the last far cry I played was the one on Xbox in the jungle and you got some weird animal powers... it was a long time ago.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Same here - and quite frankly I'm pumped for this. Stupid guns, stupid sequences and ridiculous map clearing incoming!!!

spronk

FPS noob
strreamers on twitch got in early if you wanna just watch

game is officially out tomorrow night 9pm PST / 12am EDT

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok I may have over-reacted while watching the preview and after watching the initial 17 minutes - it was that segment though that really threw me off.

I'll wait to hear what you guys say - but good thing is anyone can play this on PC for a month and not resub to Ubipass rather than pay full price. Unless you want console of course - and these games will be half price in 3-4 weeks time.

Vorph

game is officially out tomorrow night 9pm PST / 12am EDT
Or 7AM EDT tomorrow if you have a VPN and set it to New Zealand. (Assuming Ubi hasn't changed the way they release, it's worked for all their other games in the past few years.)

I'll wait to hear what you guys say - but good thing is anyone can play this on PC for a month and not resub to Ubipass rather than pay full price.
That's what I did so I could preload it in advance of checking it out tomorrow morning. Probably should have just gotten it from GameFly instead though; the extra stuff in the Ultimate edition at release day looks to be of little to no consequence. Oh well, at least I'll get some use out of my PC for the first time in months.

And of course, in typical Ubi fashion even when you have a $120 edition of their game, there's a shitload of MTX clothes and guns which actually do have stats and gameplay effects.

• 1Like