Fast & Furious 9 (2020)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I actually left the drive-in early during this. I dunno what I was thinking, I'm not into these kinds of michael bay movies. zzzz

spronk

FPS noob
E5efhYcUYAAuSwB.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've made it my mission in life to convince everyone that hasn't seen this to go see it.

1625499123401.png

1625499140970.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I saw this opening weekend. I think it was definitely the worst Fast movie, and that's saying something. Normally my wife and I enjoy the over-the-top craziness but this one didn't even have any cool over-the-top moments, just space.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw this opening weekend. I think it was definitely the worst Fast movie, and that's saying something. Normally my wife and I enjoy the over-the-top craziness but this one didn't even have any cool over-the-top moments, just space.
IMO 8, after walker died, was worst. But I enjoy all of em because they aren't more then what you want or they make em out to be, its just ridiculous stupid fun movies and have enjoyed every one, even Tokyo Drift.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
VOD is out this friday 7/30, 4K UHD torrents are already out as well

1ped0fs2dwb71.jpg

Last edited:

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Finally caught this. IDK. 8 wasn’t great but wasn’t terrible either and I still enjoyed watching it. This one I just laughed at most of it and not in a good way. So many nonsensical holes and it’s like they didn’t even try to keep things consistent. It just felt…off. Didn’t have the heart of the other ones.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The insanity of the opening action scene almost made me turn it off. It was like they just keep trying to throw even more ridiculous physics-defying car stunts in these movies until people have finally had enough. That's ignoring shit like there being dirt roads through the jungle that Dom's muscle car can drive on.

The rest of the movie wasn't as eye-rolling, but that might just be me being desensitized to stupid shit in F&F movies by now. If you've seen the trailer, you see a segmented armored vehicle get brought to a stop at the front so the back segments flip up and over, so now it is upside down. Cool, I can let that go I guess, even if there is no way they could have pulled that off with a couple of cars vs. that obviously heavily armored vehicle. But once it flips, apparently it suddenly starts sliding on its roof at near the speed it was going when right-side up? WTF? This wasn't in San Francisco and going downhill, this was a flat road. Through cars and buildings and shit.

If it weren't for the fact that I find the GoT chick super hot, and Jordana Brewster is still attractive, and the young Asian chick was pretty cute, I don't know if I would have made it through in one sitting. I honestly sort of got bored for a lot of the movie. Oh, and Fiero in space didn't even register on my ridiculous meter after the rest of the movie.

Might rank as the worst of the movies for me, but I honestly can't remember anything much about most of them, so I could easily be reminded and persuaded otherwise.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Finally caught this. IDK. 8 wasn’t great but wasn’t terrible either and I still enjoyed watching it. This one I just laughed at most of it and not in a good way. So many nonsensical holes and it’s like they didn’t even try to keep things consistent. It just felt…off. Didn’t have the heart of the other ones.
This was definitely one of the weakest of the FF movies. It seemed more a filler movie to introduce Cena for the last two movies.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Not to mention once that armored vehicle flips, suddenly the 6 or so people still in it just kinda disappear entirely, save for one who comes back at a convenient time for one second. The lack of even basic continuity in so many scenes just lost me.
The rest of the movie wasn't as eye-rolling, but that might just be me being desensitized to stupid shit in F&F movies by now. If you've seen the trailer, you see a segmented armored vehicle get brought to a stop at the front so the back segments flip up and over, so now it is upside down. Cool, I can let that go I guess, even if there is no way they could have pulled that off with a couple of cars vs. that obviously heavily armored vehicle. But once it flips, apparently it suddenly starts sliding on its roof at near the speed it was going when right-side up? WTF? This wasn't in San Francisco and going downhill, this was a flat road. Through cars and buildings and shit.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hobbs and Shaw made like 500 million less than the last couple FF movies.
also diesal said all the beef started because the rock couldn't handle acting critique from vin in the form of tough love. when the rock heard that he just started laughing and was basically like, yeah he WOULD say that, wouldn't he...

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Not to mention once that armored vehicle flips, suddenly the 6 or so people still in it just kinda disappear entirely, save for one who comes back at a convenient time for one second. The lack of even basic continuity in so many scenes just lost me.
When the two black dudes were fighting in the magnet truck, weren't there like four bad guys in the back of the truck with them at one point? They only tossed two of them out at the end. Did I miss them getting thrown out a window or something? Pretty sure two dudes just disappeared.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
ludicrous absorbed their life essence, in FF10 it will be revealed he is a vampire and that is how he and Roman are essentially immortal

in FF11 they will have to fight the Prince of Darkness

• 1Spotlight
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users