Final Fantasy 16

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
X2 could be beaten with two DKs and an Alchemist for 99 percent of the game. The other tiny slice were ridiculously overtuned bosses that required looking up the specific combo online and getting lucky to beat. It was a shit game at every level and everyone is gayer for having played that dress up barbie charlies waifu angels shit.

Anyhow, I won't touch anything Squeenix that is not tactics or turn based anymore. And frankly the last few turn based ones sucked balls pretty hard, too. I like the look and setting of this game, but its just another mash attack game in the same boring style as FF7 remake, Strangers in Paradise, and the last FF. Hard pass.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
X2 could be beaten with two DKs and an Alchemist for 99 percent of the game. The other tiny slice were ridiculously overtuned bosses that required looking up the specific combo online and getting lucky to beat. It was a shit game at every level and everyone is gayer for having played that dress up barbie charlies waifu angels shit.

Anyhow, I won't touch anything Squeenix that is not tactics or turn based anymore. And frankly the last few turn based ones sucked balls pretty hard, too. I like the look and setting of this game, but its just another mash attack game in the same boring style as FF7 remake, Strangers in Paradise, and the last FF. Hard pass.
Ogre tactics remake was good. Octopath traveler 2 was decent if you liked the first one. FFT remake please.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ogre tactics remake was good. Octopath traveler 2 was decent if you liked the first one. FFT remake please.

AFAIK Front Mission 2, Front Mission 3, SaGa Frontier 2, and several early Dragon Quests are on the docket for SE remakes, would be shocked if FFT wasn't in there too because they're going all-out with 90's games now.

Wonder if we'll ever get an official release of Bahamut Lagoon, Treasure Hunter G, or Rudra no Hihou. Their 3 biggest SNES games that I never played due to being Japan-only. Was gonna emulate them but if I didn't get around to during my emulating heyday of 1998 to 2005 I'm probably never getting to it.

A $60 3-pack of all three of those games with a translation and a light remaster (just touching up the resolution to look okay on modern TVs) would actually be worth it for sure. Call it "Square-Enix: The Lost Classics" or something. THG was the last Square game on the SNES and a visual masterpiece that pushed the system. Rudra was debatably one of the best RPGs on the system overall and comparable to FFVI in graphics and gameplay. Bahamut Lagoon...IDK, I only played it once for like five minutes and couldn't make any sense out of it, but it got rave reviews with the insider smark translated ROM collecting crowd back then.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
AFAIK Front Mission 2, Front Mission 3, SaGa Frontier 2, and several early Dragon Quests are on the docket for SE remakes, would be shocked if FFT wasn't in there too because they're going all-out with 90's games now.

Wonder if we'll ever get an official release of Bahamut Lagoon, Treasure Hunter G, or Rudra no Hihou. Their 3 biggest SNES games that I never played due to being Japan-only. Was gonna emulate them but if I didn't get around to during my emulating heyday of 1998 to 2005 I'm probably never getting to it.

A $60 3-pack of all three of those games with a translation and a light remaster (just touching up the resolution to look okay on modern TVs) would actually be worth it for sure. Call it "Square-Enix: The Lost Classics" or something. THG was the last Square game on the SNES and a visual masterpiece that pushed the system. Rudra was debatably one of the best RPGs on the system overall and comparable to FFVI in graphics and gameplay. Bahamut Lagoon...IDK, I only played it once for like five minutes and couldn't make any sense out of it, but it got rave reviews with the insider smark translated ROM collecting crowd back then.
I played Bahamut Lagoon and it was pretty cool. Didn’t finish it but it (along with seiken desentsu 3 and ff5) would have been amazing releases back when they actually came out. BH was cool due to the uniqueness of how it played compared to other RPGs.

Last edited:

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

And FFT remake is likely happening. A lot of other Square Enix stuff in this leak eventually came out. It is safe to assume FFT will come soon too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Combat actually looks solid. Was expecting way worse from the previous trailers but seems like a huge upgrade from FFVII remake.

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The term "Eikon" however is retarded. Damnit Japan, get your shit together.

It's based on Eidolon which has been used a lot in the series.

I played Bahamut Lagoon and it was pretty cool. Didn’t finish it but it (along with seiken desentsu 3 and ff5) would have been amazing releases back when they actually came out. BH was cool due to the uniqueness of how it played compared to other RPGs.

SD3 was basically what Secret of Mana could have been if they hadn't slashed half of the game's runtime to fit it on a SNES cart in 1993. After the Nintendo Playstation fell through, SoM was gutted on the drawing board (yeah, it was supposed to be a CD game).

Chrono Trigger and SD3 essentially both branched off of SoM's DNA. CT used a ton of SoM's unused assets and SD3 filled out the world to be closer to what it was intended to be originally.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Solid Final Fantasy 16 combat preview.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
No it isn't.
It just sounds stupid in spoken English. When you're talking to someone about your summons or your eidolons it makes sense. "I had fun battling that summon/eidolon" leaves no double meaning to what you're talking about but "I had fun battling that icon" sounds dumb.

• 3Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It just sounds stupid in spoken English. When you're talking to someone about your summons or your eidolons it makes sense. "I had fun battling that summon/eidolon" leaves no double meaning to what you're talking about but "I had fun battling that icon" sounds dumb.
It's sounded fine in FF14 for years. I will grant that it was only the Garleans (bad guys) who call them Eikons and everyone else calls them Primals but you spend so much time talking to Garleans that you hear the term constantly and it doesn't sound out of place.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's sounded fine in FF14 for years. I will grant that it was only the Garleans (bad guys) who call them Eikons and everyone else calls them Primals but you spend so much time talking to Garleans that you hear the term constantly and it doesn't sound out of place.
I meant normal people not useless degenerate FF14 players.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes, let's ignore the Final Fantasy game that has been running for a decade with consistent updates translated into multiple languages. That's all stupid and it doesn't matter that millions of people have no issues, it's all about *your* "feelings" for a word. Fuck off snowflake.

• 4Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yes, let's ignore the Final Fantasy game that has been running for a decade with consistent updates translated into multiple languages. That's all stupid and it doesn't matter that millions of people have no issues, it's all about *your* "feelings" for a word. Fuck off snowflake.
1681490421505.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Didn't know it was referenced in FF14 also. My skip button gets a workout in that game. It wasn't until replaying the game/story with a friend last few months that I found out Lyse was really Yda who was pretending to be her sister or something.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I meant normal people not useless degenerate FF14 players.
I'm afraid to join any FC in FF14. Was talking to a friend of mine last night while we were farming some mounts about all the degen in FF14. Like clubbing is a big thing or something in game? Jesus christ people go the fuck out and at least do that shit in person at a real club where you MIGHT get some drunk action.

• 1Double Worf