Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I think my plan is to use my 10+1 tickets, my EX tickets, and then regular tickets until getting 2x of 9S from the nier banner. I'll then decide what I want to do with the leftover, spending it on Veritas banner or FF3 banner.
Sounds like my plan as well, but not sure i will use 10+1 ticket. Willing to do a couple of 5k pulls, but depends on ticket outcome.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sounds like my plan as well, but not sure i will use 10+1 ticket. Willing to do a couple of 5k pulls, but depends on ticket outcome.

I don't think it will be too bad for this banner. We don't really need a 5* all we really need is that damage reduction materia. Anything else we get is a bonus I bet.

I'll probably do dailies and wait till I use up whatever free tickets we get between here and there. Then buy some lapis and do a couple 10+1 pulls.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Adam is from raid summons, not part of the regular pool.

I looked at the info for the upcoming nier raid boss and it sounds like it may be a pain to farm the highest tier each orb. Super hard boss, 4 million hp, etc etc. There may be changes for Global of course, but so far the bosses we've been given early have either come with no changes or they've been buffed.

I'm lapis refreshing some TM farming to finish off a copy of machine killer before the raid drops Friday. Reading JP player comments, it sounds like you need to farm the highest raid tier with minimal orb waste to have enough materials to craft all of the gear.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
Adam is from raid summons, not part of the regular pool.

I looked at the info for the upcoming nier raid boss and it sounds like it may be a pain to farm the highest tier each orb. Super hard boss, 4 million hp, etc etc. There may be changes for Global of course, but so far the bosses we've been given early have either come with no changes or they've been buffed.

I'm lapis refreshing some TM farming to finish off a copy of machine killer before the raid drops Friday. Reading JP player comments, it sounds like you need to farm the highest raid tier with minimal orb waste to have enough materials to craft all of the gear.

You should know better then to compare our raid reward tiers with JP.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually I do sorta wonder how tough the raid boss will be when I can't just faceroll it with enhanced eileen chaining. I'm guessing Orlandu and Fry should get the job done just fine though.

Vinen

God is dead
Actually I do sorta wonder how tough the raid boss will be when I can't just faceroll it with enhanced eileen chaining. I'm guessing Orlandu and Fry should get the job done just fine though.

Make Delita Great Again.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The more I read about the Nier banner the less enthused I am about it. It sounds like 9S is the 4 star everyone wants but he shares the 4 star slot with a really bad unit (Eve). Eve's TMR is trash tier and that's being generous.

The 5 stars look alright. 2B's TMR is very good (the katana). And A2's is a non-element Great Sword which adds an AOE command. Solid but doesn't look game changing. I know dual 5 stars is the future but at least Japan has the 3% gacha rate to go along with that. But I rarely try pulling for 5 stars and the times I've tried it's almost never worked out. So I won't be pulling for these units.

Right now I'm on the fence on the banner. I'm definitely not spending anything the first day except a 250 daily. And right now I'm leaning towards not spending anything beyond daily pulls for the remainder of the banner. It sounds like 9S is the reason most people who aren't whales are pulling and you have to get two of them. So I'm thinking of just passing on the banner entirely and saving my resources.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The more I read about the Nier banner the less enthused I am about it. It sounds like 9S is the 4 star everyone wants but he shares the 4 star slot with a really bad unit (Eve). Eve's TMR is trash tier and that's being generous.

The 5 stars look alright. 2B's TMR is very good (the katana). And A2's is a non-element Great Sword which adds an AOE command. Solid but doesn't look game changing. I know dual 5 stars is the future but at least Japan has the 3% gacha rate to go along with that. But I rarely try pulling for 5 stars and the times I've tried it's almost never worked out. So I won't be pulling for these units.

Right now I'm on the fence on the banner. I'm definitely not spending anything the first day except a 250 daily. And right now I'm leaning towards not spending anything beyond daily pulls for the remainder of the banner. It sounds like 9S is the reason most people who aren't whales are pulling and you have to get two of them. So I'm thinking of just passing on the banner entirely and saving my resources.
I don't think 3% rainbow and dual 5* came at the same time in Japan though...

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Sounds like the Tmr from the 3* unit is also quite good. 800 point self heal when attacked. Good for a tank. Can trigger multiple times per turn I think...

So pulling for 9s isn't a total waste.

Vinen

God is dead
I don't think 3% rainbow and dual 5* came at the same time in Japan though...

They did not. Split 5* banners have existed for an incredibly long time in JP. (Marie + Emp were on same banner for example).

Japan didn't get 3% rates (2% offbanner, 1% on) until around the CG Sakura banner.
We will likely get them earlier. Prob sometime around when season 2 goes live.

If we were to go by JP banners and when they got 3% Rainbows we'd be ~14 Banners away (Partial list is below. I removed Collabs that we won't get from my count).

Last edited:

madmoosejones

Trakanon Raider
So question, realistically how far away is Onion Knight and how deep should I plan to be pulling for him if I already have a very strong comp (2x old man, luneth, zargawhatever, ace, plus the trinity)?

Vinen

God is dead
So question, realistically how far away is Onion Knight and how deep should I plan to be pulling for him if I already have a very strong comp (2x old man, luneth, zargawhatever, ace, plus the trinity)?

Where are people getting this misconception that OK is a god unit? He is an average unit who is impossible to chain w/o macros or lagging your phone. Even then you may not be able to chain him well. His frames are god awful terribad.

I wouldn't pull him if I was you. You already have 2x Oldman who is a superior unit give that a meer human can actually chain him.

madmoosejones

Trakanon Raider
Thanks, this is why I come here for an actual valid opinion past the hype train that is reddit. Back to lurking I go with my hoard of tickets and lapis.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
is there any meta changing characters on the horizon? after Orlando, nothing really seems to be that much better. The new trinitiy of WoL/Rikku/Tilith doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. I have Wilhelm too, and only see tiny reason to ever use one over the other. I couldn't be bothered to care about any of the Veritas'.

Getting 2 of the 9S guy's TMR so any character can chain seems close. I can only imagine how useful it will be to make any Bonus unit effective in events.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah with Ramza's enhancements delayed indefinitely, the only other unit left to create a major metagame shift is Ayaka. By the time we finally do get real bardsong it won't be so disrupting to the meta.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The true doublehand stuff on Cloud's banner is supposed to be strong (due before the end of the year according to an update video). The problem is that it's a bunch of TM's locked behind rainbow crystals, so hard for a non-whale to realistically plan to build a true doublehand unit.