Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Finished off the latest story event, but it felt unfinished? Definitely not much story to write home about... was hoping for more background on the Veritas characters, but maybe they go into more detail in some future update.

Any luck with Malboro Gonzy? I'll probably give him one or two more attempts myself sometime today and hope for the best. Likely going to dump 60% of regular moogles into my 2nd Pod153 and take the ultrawhale Wilhelm on my friend list while he's currently setup for this trial.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Finished off the latest story event, but it felt unfinished? Definitely not much story to write home about... was hoping for more background on the Veritas characters, but maybe they go into more detail in some future update.

Any luck with Malboro Gonzy? I'll probably give him one or two more attempts myself sometime today and hope for the best. Likely going to dump 60% of regular moogles into my 2nd Pod153 and take the ultrawhale Wilhelm on my friend list while he's currently setup for this trial.

I had good success going with Wilhelm, WoL, Rikku, DKC, FV. If the crystals don't go the right way to Rikku I'll get fucked. Seems like Ignorance x3 and Overdrive isn't enough to guarantee her LB every turn. I've got the prodigy googles slow cooking atm I think that would get me where I need to be on the survivability side. Also having problems perfect chaining my pod dps with my macro, perhaps using dupe units would help that out. My problem was low dps, I'll try again sometime.

All in all I think the double Rikku strat is probably the go to for the now.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Finally got the stupid malboro fight by cheesing it with Setzer RNG. Worst trial ever. When I said Setzer wasn't viable on this trial a few pages back... guess I was wrong. With killers, Ace imperil, dual wield, and capping a pod 153 chain, Setzer's high roll on his fixed aoe attack does 2.3 million damage, and totally ignores the big guys invulnerability (so each big roll on the dice does ~23% of the main guys life).

The fight is completely dumb, but if you get lucky with RNG on dice attacks, get lucky with RNG on who he eats, and get lucky that he doesn't double kill people too many times in a row, it's beatable. There's a more detailed writeup on using Setzer on the trial's wiki page which is what I mostly followed.

For the limit burst mission, you don't have to actually deal the killing blow with the limit. As long as he's hit with a limit burst during his death animation, it still gives credit (I had Ace do his limit on the last round, and it counted even though it only dealt like 3k damage).

Think this trial cost me something like 600 energy between the refreshing and multiple days of attempts. The next trial (Blood Moon) is supposed to be hard too, but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as Malboro.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I felt bummed that I didn't pull one of the 5* units from the nier banner. Got 4x 9s though.

I have exhausted almost all of the storyline lapis I think.

Went ahead with the daily half off pull. Got Veritas of light.

Feels weird. If I get one more Veritas I can do some quality power rangers role playing.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I felt bummed that I didn't pull one of the 5* units from the nier banner. Got 4x 9s though.

I have exhausted almost all of the storyline lapis I think.

Went ahead with the daily half off pull. Got Veritas of light.

Feels weird. If I get one more Veritas I can do some quality power rangers role playing.
Grats! I've been seeing a lot of post from people getting VoL the past few days. The rates seem way higher than previous banners. I wonder if this is a semi-apology for the awful NieR rates. I did a total of 6 pulls (2 Daily and 4 tickets) and got only blues so I'm done. I'm obviously not going to have any luck on this banner. I'm waiting to see what next week brings. It has to be a Mog King grind so I'm sure I'll be doing a bunch of summons to get bonus units.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I wanted a Veritas of the Heavens for his TM, but after thinking about it, I don't even have any spear users, so it would be more of a just in case for later TM. With a double gold banner, low priority 4* TM, and a not top tier 5* prize, I'm skipping this banner entirely, not even dailies.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm prepping for my own Marlboro run. I'm planning to go Setzer cheese route. My team will most likely be:

Setzer x2 for chains
Rikku x2 for Auto res
Ace for Imperil and mana regen
Friend finisher

Setzers will both be using fire swords for chaining and for Ace's imperil. Should I be looking for a finisher with fire as well?

I only just started learning about chaining since it took me so long to get some viable ones.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm prepping for my own Marlboro run. I'm planning to go Setzer cheese route. My team will most likely be:

Setzer x2 for chains
Rikku x2 for Auto res
Ace for Imperil and mana regen
Friend finisher

Setzers will both be using fire swords for chaining and for Ace's imperil. Should I be looking for a finisher with fire as well?

I only just started learning about chaining since it took me so long to get some viable ones.

I can stack my Fire Veritas for you if you want. I dont have a good plate dps helm though, can load everything else up really well. Let me know what you want.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider

If you're properly capping a chain with a finisher (as in, timing the finisher so that his finishing hit lands near the end of the chain) then the element isn't that important. It does help if the element matches though, so that if you mistime and land the finishing hit slightly early, then it won't disrupt the elemental chain. That said, if using Ace imperil, you want to try to make the finisher use Fire or Lightning to take advantage (Malboro resists holy).

If trying to cheese it with Setzer though, then you want a Setzer finisher with double dice. A traditional finisher like Fire Veritas is a lot more stable and reliable, but you have to then properly do the weaken mechanic to deal damage (Setzer can ignore the invulnerability stuff, aka cheesing it at the cost of being subject to RNG).

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I still need to get my second Rikku up to level 100 so it'll be a bit before I try. I just want to make sure all my ducks are in a row before I try.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pulled LV with the daily ticket today after mostly striking out on the DV and Nier banners. Probably going to horde tickets for a while.

F2P box update (Been playing since the Player's Choice banner) -

5 - DKC, Orlandeau, Emperor, Rem, TTerra, Zarglebargle, Delita, DFina, Aileen, Wilhelm, LV
notable 4s - WoL, Rikkux2, Setzerx2, 9S, 2xAshe, Tilith

The rainbow luck has been filthy.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
God damn...

At Gilg x3 Noctis, Rem x2, Delita, DKC, so 8 total. Feel like I'm due for another soon.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
You all are extremely lucky. I started at launch and did not get my first rainbow (or even troll) for 9 months. Including the guaranteed 5*, i have only pulled 6 rainbows: Gilgamesh (5k), Orlandeau (daily 1/2), DKC (ticket), Reberta (G5k), Fryevia (4* ticket), and Fohlen (EX ticket). In that order. Interestingly, all from different sources.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Weird, they're releasing the FF3 mog event (Onion Knight) and a campaign update in the same maintenance. Usually they space out stuff like that so you don't have competing new content to use your energy towards.

Tetra Sylpheed is the new wind focused esper. Seems to have mage stats, but a lot of the skills she can give are physical oriented. This finally gives us an esper of every element, which is neat. Bahamut's up next!

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Weird, they're releasing the FF3 mog event (Onion Knight) and a campaign update in the same maintenance. Usually they space out stuff like that so you don't have competing new content to use your energy towards.
I think this is a way to get more lapis into peoples hands to pull for Onion Knight. I'm sure they realize that most people whaled on the NieR banner and depleted most or all of their resources. This is a way to get 2-3k lapis from doing story content. It could also be a way for them to accelerate the timeline and get closer to 3% rainbow rates, more exclusive events, and season 2.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
The rainbow luck has been filthy.

I started 40 days ago.

I rerolled till i hit gilg and orlandeau.

Then it was D.fina, FV, DV, K.Delita, LV.

DV and K.Delita happened while chasing 2b or A2.

I have been trying to grind out the story in between events for lapis to fuel my addiction for new units.

I have spent $150 so far and don't see myself spending any more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Screenshot_20170830-181652.png

I just need them to form a giant robot now.

Light = head, with sick mandible cannons
Fire and dark = arms with sword and ax attachments, and real chopping action!
Earth = chest, with that big shield as a breast plate
Wind and water = legs, because what else are they going to be. The shittiest fighters always get leg duty.

Bolt and ice can be add on parts like cannons or engines to show they were never originally part of the lineup.

Make it happen alim/gumi/squeenix

Arica-Jade

Lord Nagafen Raider
Since launch I've pulled (in order)

Lightning
Lightning
Lightning
Luneth
Orlandeau
Orlandeau
Tidus
Marie (5* pull)