Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Alright thanks to you guys who setup a friend for me to try the trial. I'm giving up (again) so feel free to swap your leader back to whatever. Best attempt was 12% before it eventually falls apart when RNG decides to bend you over with something like eating a key unit + double killing another key unit on the same turn.

If curious, here's a video of my best attempt (the 12% wipe):

The first 50% is pretty easy once you know the fight and what to expect. After 50% though the fight gets serious and it's easy to wipe if any number of things go wrong on a turn.

If any of you wanted to give it a go, I could setup my friend lead for the trial, just let me know.
No thanks. I think I will wait a bit longer for power creep. I really don't need any of the loot. It is really meh anyway.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
No thanks. I think I will wait a bit longer for power creep. I really don't need any of the loot. It is really meh anyway.

The whip is worthless (for me, don't have DFina/Lunera), the accessory is worthless to everyone (what cracked out dev designed that item?). It's the materia that I really really want. It's great for Trance Terra post-enhancements (and any magic unit really).

I'm not even too sure about what future unit is going to make this trial more reasonable. Mistair won't help because the "magic" attacks deal physical damage, and Mistair has weak physical defenses / equipment selection, so he can't tank at all against Malboro. Ayaka won't matter because the problem is surviving, not recovering the damage. Ramza enhancements maybe? 100% stat buffs are nice, but I still don't know if it will be enough for most players.

At the risk of starting another argument, I do think Onion Knight x2 with Pod153 is probably a very strong option because his AoE chaining limit break with the -74% defense debuff can seriously speed up killing the small adds, which takes a ton of pressure off of your team to maintain a 4 round rotation of kill small adds, dps boss, dispell buffs, repeat. If his 74% def break is enough to let you ignore their sclerosis buff entirely, that takes even more pressure off of your team as far as things needed to do per 4 turn rotation.

Enhanced Trance Terra x2 might be enough too (maybe). Really, so long as you can deal enough damage to consistently kill both adds every 4 turns without ever missing a step, the trial is much more controllable. I was able to mostly do so using the two dps I brought (DKC + 2B with Pod153) but it was tight, and a single round where I didn't perfect chain all 31 hits, or if anyone ate a double death, I fell behind on the 4 turn clock, which meant I couldn't force Malboro to skip his devour attack, and then it started to slowly fall apart until eventually I lost control and wiped.

Well it was either lump the two Veritas banners closer together or listen to more incessant bitching about OK's enhancements being delayed down the road, since Alim decided to skip OK's enhancements this month in order to enhance all the Veritas in a single batch.

I'm curious how exactly they're going to enhance Onion Knight, considering his primary attack isn't actually his own skill, but an effect on his TMR sword. They have a system in JP where you can craft and combine TMR's to upgrade them, like the FF14 raid TMR's. Maybe part of his enhancements are a crafting recipe to upgrade his Onion Sword. Will be interesting to see how they handle it in any case.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except the 54 on his tmr isn't really his primary attack, his 4 elemental attacks are the only reason you use an OK because they don't require you to either have enough TMRs to outfit three people with the correct elemental weapon (you need a third unit for imperil if you're chaining with OK). The frames on his elementals aren't quite as bad as his 54 either, which means you're more likely to get lots of medium length broken chains instead of the dreaded 1-break-1-2-break kinda shit you get when you try to chain his 54.

The only time I've ever used his 54 in actual content was when I was using him in a 10 man and I just wanted his LB gauge filled before I rotated him back into reserve to bring out for a later phase.

Tolwen

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is it really important to get two 9s? I have 1 9s 5 Eve and I feel I've wasted too much stuff pulling. I have 35k lapis 40 tickets. Thinking of waiting for a good healer or rainbow rate up whenever those come.

I don't think I have many good chainers. Prob just one of each Bran Chizuru 2B

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Is it really important to get two 9s? I have 1 9s 5 Eve and I feel I've wasted too much stuff pulling. I have 35k lapis 40 tickets. Thinking of waiting for a good healer or rainbow rate up whenever those come.

I don't think I have many good chainers. Prob just one of each Bran Chizuru 2B
I think the general opinion is yes, you do want two 9S TMR. My opinion is that it will make later content easier, but I don't think it will be a deal breaker to only have one. There will always be some next great thing coming down the line. When you are pulling for them, you will probably get some chainers to fill out your party. While pulling on the NieR banner, I got Fryevia and Fohlen.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
After being able to try out how strong 2x 9S tm's are when they chain together (which is pretty easy to do even without macros) then I'd say having two of your own is really useful. One is technically enough though because you can get a 2nd from the friend slot.

It's hard to suggest that you keep chasing 9S on this banner, especially if you've already sunk a bunch of resources unsuccessfully, but if you manage to get a 2nd of his TM, it's powerful.

Tolwen

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Alright thanks guys I decided to do 10 more. 9th was another 9S and also got Setzer for the dice although not really sure what that's about yet. I should be able to get the 2nd 9S to 60% too.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
How good are the 5 star base units? I managed to get a second 9S off of my daily this morning, so I haven't pulled the trigger on another 11 pull or used my 5* EX summon yet.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How good are the 5 star base units? I managed to get a second 9S off of my daily this morning, so I haven't pulled the trigger on another 11 pull or used my 5* EX summon yet.

The Nier 5*s? They're terrible. If you got a second 9S I'd save your lapis for the rest of the banner.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I would say they are pretty good units. Both have: native dual wield, cheat death, and a really big weapon selection. It's very easy to get both of them over 1k ATK. Not that it means a whole lot, but A2 is ranked #1 dps on the Wiki. Do what you want, but it's never a good idea to chase a 5* unit.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Threw another 10 tix at the nier banner yesterday and got my 2nd 9s thank god. Ended up with 2b, 2x eve, and 2x 9s just from my half price daily pulls and 20-30 tix, Ill take it.

Molten Core Raider
Missed out on A2 but got the rest of the stuff from the banner so I guess I did ok. I really like 2B but once my other characters are more developed I doubt she'll see much use but I've got ages of TM farming before that'll likely happen.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I cleared out some inactives from my friends list if anyone would like to add me. Usually I will have Orlandeau/Fryevia or event bonus unit up. Just be sure to have FoH or something like that in your comment so I know you are from this forum. Thanks!

ID: 082,714,846

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Going to try Malboro today. Could some folks make me an Enhanced Ace with status immunities, bushido freedom, pod 153, and survivability please?

I'll be finished one way or another around 8 pm EST so you can return to setting your friends up as you see fit.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Going to try Malboro today. Could some folks make me an Enhanced Ace with status immunities, bushido freedom, pod 153, and survivability please?
Setup mine for you as follows:
pic.jpg
He's on Diabolos and has 75% passive dark resist as well. Best I could do for ya. Good luck!

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I don't have Ace, sorry. Once I finish farming out a bunch more TMR's and level a second Rikku, I will give Marlboro a shot. I'll probably need the same Ace setup at that time (could be a month or two). I'm holding off on pulling on this banner. I imagine I will get multiples of the 4* Veritas while pulling for the next must have unit.

Cleared out all my raid summons of ~200k coins. Only got 40% Pod 153 and 40% Mechanical Heart. Finished off a couple more Vengeful Wraths too.

edit: Against my better judgement, I pulled 4 times (daily 1/2 price and 3 tickets) all blues... Rydia, Camille, Hayate, and Guy. I really should do what I say I'm going to do. Oh well, I'm still in good shape for next week's Mog King event. Fun fact about blue crystals and me: I've never pulled Ruggles or Heltich.

Last edited:

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't have Ace, sorry. Once I finish farming out a bunch more TMR's and level a second Rikku, I will give Marlboro a shot. I'll probably need the same Ace setup at that time (could be a month or two). I'm holding off on pulling on this banner. I imagine I will get multiples of the 4* Veritas while pulling for the next must have unit.

Cleared out all my raid summons of ~200k coins. Only got 40% Pod 153 and 40% Mechanical Heart. Finished off a couple more Vengeful Wraths too.

edit: Against my better judgement, I pulled 4 times (daily 1/2 price and 3 tickets) all blues... Rydia, Camille, Hayate, and Guy. I really should do what I say I'm going to do. Oh well, I'm still in good shape for next week's Mog King event. Fun fact about blue crystals and me: I've never pulled Ruggles or Heltich.

I do the same stuff, used 10 tickets this morning to see what I would get. My pulls was nothing to write home about either.

Sinzar Sinzar gonna give malboro a few more pulls if you could leave Ace over night. I'm doing alright, just can't fuck up my buffs and my dps is about 5% too low to get the little fuckers dead before swallow. Just want a little more punishment with this comp then I'll try something else.