Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The thing that Refia has over Rem and Aria is the ability to dualcast full life + healing in the same round (with a dualcast TM). Rem can dualcast normal raise + Curaja, but if you're reviving someone like a WoL with 10k hp with Raise (30%), he's going to end the round at like 4200 / 10000 life and it's hard to catch up on healing since none of those healers have a full cure option.

Aria can AoE full raise, but that's her entire round, leaving the rest of the team unhealed. All of them are viable healers, I just personally value the dualcastable Full Life on Refia very highly, but that's my opinion. If you have other units on the team that can full raise (TTerra, Rikku, etc), then Refia's not as special.

For TM's, try to gear at least one dps in BIS, then get some utility stuff like Pod153, dualcast, etc. Ribbon / Discernment are also very useful on a lot of content (especially arena).

Last edited:

Ether

Lord Nagafen Raider
Welcome back Ether. I'm pretty sure I had you as a friend and then dropped you due to inactivity. Sorry. I will free up a spot for you if you'd like. I pretty much keep Orlandeau up if you need a strong chainer. I'm working on maxing out Fryevia now. I just maxed out Ashe for the current MK farm event.

ID: 082714846

Thanks man, I appreciate that! And no problem, I lost most of my friends being gone for about 4 months, which was to be expected. I could definitely use another Orlandeau friend since I'm planning on using Agrias as my chainer/main DPS.

I'll try to add you and whoever here wants to open up a slot for me when the server's back up. Not sure I'll be as hardcore as I used to be, but I should gift pretty much daily at the very least.

My friend code: 867,105,202

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
The thing that Refia has over Rem and Aria is the ability to dualcast full life + healing in the same round (with a dualcast TM). Rem can dualcast normal raise + Curaja, but if you're reviving someone like a WoL with 10k hp with Raise (30%), he's going to end the round at like 4200 / 10000 life and it's hard to catch up on healing since none of those healers have a full cure option.

Aria can AoE full raise, but that's her entire round, leaving the rest of the team unhealed. All of them are viable healers, I just personally value the dualcastable Full Life on Refia very highly, but that's my opinion. If you have other units on the team that can full raise (TTerra, Rikku, etc), then Refia's not as special.

For TM's, try to gear at least one dps in BIS, then get some utility stuff like Pod153, dualcast, etc. Ribbon / Discernment are also very useful on a lot of content (especially arena).

Should I focus my gear/tmrs on agrias or 2b

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Hard to answer that, Agrias is better for chaining, but her base stats are lower. 2B has better raw damage, but much worse at chains. For the most part though, they use the same dps gear, so it's not much difference.

The new Erinyes boss was mostly a pushover. I took a team of Snow, Cecil, 9S, Ace, and Ashe, which killed him in like four rounds. Snow taunted stuff, Cecil covered Snow and main healed, 9S did debuffs / buffs, Ace did imperil, Ashe did dualcast Thundaja. Easy victory. Video of my kill can be seen here: Erinyes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Man do I wish I had an Ace, that fucking imperil is everywhere. Is their anything comparable coming down the pipe?

Pulled my second Rikku today, now I just need another Setzer.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ace is the only good thunder imperil until CG Sakura, and the only good fire imperil period since GL won't be getting a fire dagger to make Nyx potentially worth using. It really isn't worth using him for the light imperil if you have Orlandu unless you need him for a mana battery.

But yes, Ace is an excellent unit, especially without hero's rime +2 raping the meta.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Man do I wish I had an Ace, that fucking imperil is everywhere. Is their anything comparable coming down the pipe?
Just going from the top of my head, some of the better imperils are:

[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Element{/td}
{td}50%{/td}
{td}75%{/td}
{td}100%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Fire{/td}
{td}9S{/td}
{td}Ace, Seven, Ling{/td}
{td}Fire Veritas{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ice{/td}
{td}9S, Fryevia{/td}
{td}Seven{/td}
{td}--{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Lightning{/td}
{td}9S{/td}
{td}Ace, Seven, Lightning{/td}
{td}--{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Water{/td}
{td}9S{/td}
{td}--{/td}
{td}Tidus{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Wind{/td}
{td}9S, Fohlen, Fire Veritas{/td}
{td}--{/td}
{td}--{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Earth{/td}
{td}9S, Aileen, Fire Veritas{/td}
{td}--{/td}
{td}--{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Holy{/td}
{td}Orlandeau, Agrias{/td}
{td}Ace{/td}
{td}Light Veritas{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Dark{/td}
{td}Fire Veritas{/td}
{td}--{/td}
{td}Dark Cecil, Dark Veritas{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

That list is strictly from memory, so I'm sure I missed some.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Agrias does a weaker (30%) imperil of every element with enhanced fullbreak.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I decided to leave my rainbow units on the bench for Hein the Mage and went with a team of Earth Veritas, Refia, 9S, Cerius, and Zyrus (no friend for mission). Cleared all of the missions easily enough, though it was a slower kill with only a single 4* dps (still within the 15 turn clock for the mission though). No deaths, no items, etc.

Earth Veritas did taunts and party break immunity, Cerius did Fire/Ice/Lightning/Dark resist buffs, Refia did healing, 9S did spr break, mitigation, and mana regen, Zyrus just dps'ed each round with non-elemental magic. Video of my kill here: Hein the Mage

Was a fun challenge to limit myself slightly on team building, but mog event boss fights are usually on the easier side anyway. I was hoping they had a surprise announcement of new content this week, but I guess it really is a week of nothing but TM farming. The Taiwan fan festival is happening today, so hopefully there's some news coming out later this afternoon.

• 1Like

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Sinzar Sinzar

Can you do me a big favor and set Ace as your companion with the following setup?

Esper: Odin
Accessories: Ribbon and Rikku's Pouch
Everything else with a focus on survival

Later today I'm planning to go after Marlboro finally. I'm just finishing up a Setzer. My team is looking to be Setzer x3, Rikku x2 and your Ace.

Thanks much.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Pulled my second Setzer and Aria today with tickets. Malboro is going to get fucked soon. Just waiting on Sinzar to daily pull an OK out his ass so I can have someone to chain with mine.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Can you do me a big favor and set Ace as your companion with the following setup?

Esper: Odin
Accessories: Ribbon and Rikku's Pouch
Everything else with a focus on survival
I actually never farmed a Rikku's Pouch :( Best I could do is Ace with 9500hp, 75% dark resist, full status immunity:
pic.jpg

Glad to change whatever you want on my setup assuming I own it, just let me know! He's set as my friend lead on Odin for you now.

• 1Like

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
First attempt was a bust. Literally every devour was on a Rikku and eventually got a round where she couldn't fill her LB. was going fine other than that.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you can spare the materia slot, try giving your Rikku's Camouflage (Montana's TM, FP unit). Tetra esper also has Camouflage as a teachable skill.

It's not foolproof, but at least it will cut the times Rikku is devoured by half, making it slightly less RNG.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I went back and finished up the last few story quests and explorations (now that the locked chest bug is fixed). I had to do Behemoth and Sol both a couple of times. First time through I didn't not bring a strong party, but I did have Rikku's LB up so I did not wipe. With Sol, I forgot to bring Fina the first time. I also killed Hein the Mage. I forgot to bring a breaker so it took the full 15 turns to kill him. I used Tilith, Ashe x2, Rikku, and EV. I was never close to anyone getting killed, but it took forever since he was not SPR broken. I popped ribbon on my Ashe for anyone that wants to use her.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I had a 20% wipe. I know what I need to do now.

I'm heading out for a bit but will try again later tonight if you don't mind leaving Ace as he is.

Thanks.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Still trying... I've had some really good runs that fell apart due to bad RNG and a bunch of runs where I'm consistently getting screwed over ad everything goes wrong.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I wiped at 10% because the small guys stopped giving crystals. Do you mind leaving Ace up through tomorrow? I'm so close but just haven't been able to seal the deal.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I can do that.

Fight is definitely a huge pain in the ass, but it's a satisfying win when it finally comes together.

• 1Like