Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
In two raids on Japan I have never pulled a 10% moogle or 4 star ticket. They’re extremely rare. They’re a bonus and not something you can rely on.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I got a 1% all moogle today on a pull heh, haven't missed an orb yet this raid and that was the only one--so it's probably some very tiny chance of an all Moogle, and then a tiny chance of a 10% moogle among them. Pretty happy this raid though, I actually have the units for the free TMRs, and the Cor TMR is a huge upgrade given most of my DPS are still using 10% Atk materia in many slots. Not to mention the shield is okay for some fights, especially given Brasch doesn't have a natural cover or his own provoke ability (Outside of Golem). That plus his cape gives him a base 50% attack draw.

Any case, I'm coming up on a full TMR moogle. Currently trying to decide between Rikku's pouch, or Azure Crimson Soul--I'll have my second DW soon, so going to just grind that, and hoping the King Mog cycle gives me a third. I think Rikku's pouch and the Soul TMR are my best, unfortunately don't have any real show stoppers like Genji or Awesome Swordsman.

Right now I used Tidus and PG Laswell, and as well Rikku, so I'm leaning far more toward Rikku's pouch--because all three use their limit breaks. For some reason I though the pouch was a delayed ability thing, but it seems as though you just get three abilities when equipped? The high tide for the whole party and full cleanse are extremely powerful, and given I'm really weak on healers, the full cleanse is pretty critical. But, I think as I progress the pouch might become less important--while Laswell's TMR seems like it only gets better with more gear. What do you guys think?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I farmed Rikku's pouch a few months ago. I don't think I've ever used it on a real fight. The status cleanse should be meaningless (if a fight has statuses, everyone should be using a ribbon or discernment, farm those if you don't have 5 yet). The break is weaker than world destroyer, the status infliction is meaningless because everything relevant is immune. The only thing the pouch has going for it is the LB fill buff. That's useful sometimes, but it's not a unique effect and I would say it's very low priority to farm.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I only use Rikku's pouch for raids and MK farming (as needed). I am glad I have it, but it is not as critical or useful as it was way back when I first got it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I farmed Rikku's pouch a few months ago. I don't think I've ever used it on a real fight. The status cleanse should be meaningless (if a fight has statuses, everyone should be using a ribbon or discernment, farm those if you don't have 5 yet). The break is weaker than world destroyer, the status infliction is meaningless because everything relevant is immune. The only thing the pouch has going for it is the LB fill buff. That's useful sometimes, but it's not a unique effect and I would say it's very low priority to farm.
I only use Rikku's pouch for raids and MK farming (as needed). I am glad I have it, but it is not as critical or useful as it was way back when I first got it.

Thanks guys. Yeah, that's what I figured, the pouch would be less and less useful as time went on. It's only critical now because I'm lacking in other TMRs and units, namely Ribbons or even good enough healers to Esuna+Heal well still.

That said, do you guys have ribbons for all your people? It makes sense, given you don't want to spend a round cleansing in a status heavy fight I suppose. That's a shit ton of farming though. I JUST got my second Kefka. My first is at 30%, the ribbon was the first thing I began farming for. Was going to use it on Luka and have her status cleanse/heal as a stop gap. But the pouch seemed like it could offer an alternative that still gave the LB fill rate as a bonus (But downside is the status removal isn't tied to a heal like Luka, so meh.) Think I might just finish the Ribbon and do my original plan (Using Luka). Just got done the story trials, they ended up being easier than expected--went in with only 4 characters, still need to get the 5th, but Laswell's six star form can use that quad attack with DW, and it just murdered them. So now trying the water demon summon in the farplane tower, and the status debuffs are getting me.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks guys. Yeah, that's what I figured, the pouch would be less and less useful as time went on. It's only critical now because I'm lacking in other TMRs and units, namely Ribbons or even good enough healers to Esuna+Heal well still.

That said, do you guys have ribbons for all your people? It makes sense, given you don't want to spend a round cleansing in a status heavy fight I suppose. That's a shit ton of farming though. I JUST got my second Kefka. My first is at 30%, the ribbon was the first thing I began farming for. Was going to use it on Luka and have her status cleanse/heal as a stop gap. But the pouch seemed like it could offer an alternative that still gave the LB fill rate as a bonus (But downside is the status removal isn't tied to a heal like Luka, so meh.) Think I might just finish the Ribbon and do my original plan (Using Luka). Just got done the story trials, they ended up being easier than expected--went in with only 4 characters, still need to get the 5th, but Laswell's six star form can use that quad attack with DW, and it just murdered them. So now trying the water demon summon in the farplane tower, and the status debuffs are getting me.

I've got 5 ribbons and three discernments. Kinda went so little overboard when they announced 10 man raids was coming.

Obligatory shout out to everyone that we have a FoH discord server and the mobile games section is really active with myself, Sinzar, Angel, and Gavin. If you need certain units built for you or you have general questions come hang out.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I did 3 ribbons and 2 discernment.

Most fights you can get by with a standard resist accessory like jeweled ring if the boss only does paralyze, etc etc. It's still a good long term goal to get a full set though because bosses that use things like Bad Breath or Disaster will hit every status, and ribbon/discernment are the way to go.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
hrm, 3 10% moogles so far (not sure on 4* tickets, never paid attention). this raid has been good to me!

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
i have 2 orlandu and 1 dark veritas, to date i still have not killed dark espers, WTF am i doing wrong?

Tiphares

Golden Squire
FF 9 MK event coming Fri. Looking forward to 6* Garnet, Zidane, and Vivi. Perfect timing for this raid and all the cactuars.

The FF XV trial should be easy with a 100% evade AOE cover tank, right? I need to try out if an evade Ramza can iNichol cover while singing. Anyone tried it yet?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
From what I hear, if you have an aoe evade cover, you can't take damage so don't even need a healer and you can't lose. That's second hand info from people in discord though.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So Beatrix's TMR is also Save the Queen? 135 attack GS with 30% Fire resist and 25% limit fill increase. Any other items with the same name in the game? Supposedly this banner is pretty good, Beatrix is supposed to be a really good chainer and Eiko is a decent healer..Not Ayaka levels, but somewhere between her and Luka it seems. Might try for pulls on this banner, not sure if I should or if I should wait for the CG Fina banner.

Also, Excalibur 2. Heh, glad I didn't use the moogle on Excalibur one yet. Hoping Dual Wield is up for sale during the Mog King event, would be nice to leap frog a second TMR of that. The rest of the stuff for Mog King looks really amazing for a newer player, HP/Def, and MP/Mag materia, as well as a 70 mana/15% defense ribbon.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So Beatrix's TMR is also Save the Queen? 135 attack GS with 30% Fire resist and 25% limit fill increase. Any other items with the same name in the game? Supposedly this banner is pretty good, Beatrix is supposed to be a really good chainer and Eiko is a decent healer..Not Ayaka levels, but somewhere between her and Luka it seems. Might try for pulls on this banner, not sure if I should or if I should wait for the CG Fina banner.

Also, Excalibur 2. Heh, glad I didn't use the moogle on Excalibur one yet. Hoping Dual Wield is up for sale during the Mog King event, would be nice to leap frog a second TMR of that. The rest of the stuff for Mog King looks really amazing for a newer player, HP/Def, and MP/Mag materia, as well as a 70 mana/15% defense ribbon.

Dunno where you heard that, Beatrix is terrible. Eiko is god tier way down the road but at 6* she's mediocre at best and her only real use is for esper missions, which 6* Garnet can handle just fine. This is an awful banner.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Dunno where you heard that, Beatrix is terrible. Eiko is god tier way down the road but at 6* she's mediocre at best and her only real use is for esper missions, which 6* Garnet can handle just fine. This is an awful banner.

Doh, that's a shame. Looks like I'll be waiting then.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Free Featured Summons start today. Don't miss out. Also, some sort of Gil raffle too.

Copied from the Reddit thread. Those daily tickets from 22nd-5th are amazing. So 2 free daily summons, and you get a bonus summon specific trust moogle. So 28 units from that leg, plus 14 5% specific trust moogles, and that's in addition to the 19 summons+10+1 ticket over the next three weeks.

Also the raffle for the lapis give away. Tons of unis this month.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
from the last 10+1 free ticket we got, i ended up with orladnu #3, to i guess also go with my 3x Gilgamesh and 2x olive's
now i understand later down the raod we will fuse 2 6* to make a 7, but are any of my multipul ones i have good at 7*?