Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Played this when it first came out then kinda fizzled on it. Any chance of a new player catching up in this game without ptw? Been looking for a new gacha game to mess with

I started 5 months ago, and have spent 50 dollars on the game (I will buy the 10 dollar bundles at the start of the month), and my team can down everything (Still have a few bosses left to do but its mostly just organizing shit to get to them). There is a 1/2 NRG event going on right now, and this banner is pretty good for rerolling, Sephiroth chains with a bunch of other characters which makes him an easy fit. And the 4 star unit is a pretty good magical tank, so that's two slots you'll get top of the line characters for. Also, they've started giving away very nice, but older TMR items from 3 star units during Mog King events once a month, which for veterans doesn't do much, but for new players they are huge power boosters.

So yeah, its not hard at all to catch up. You won't have a super versatile team for months, but you'll have a capable team if you reroll, and then spend a couple months making sure your energy and orbs are spent. If you're willing to spend 5-10 a month, it will go much faster, but totally possible free to play

Also, right now is a raid event, Bahamut--its great for free TMR's when you eventually get the units. Its up for another 4 days, if you start, and add us as friends, most of the carry units can pretty much solo him. So you'll have a ton of Cactuars (Used for leveling), Gil units and as said, free TMR's to give your units some really powerful weapons to start with. (If you Reroll a couple times, try to keep a Zyrus, the Moogles from Bahmut will give you a really powerful mage weapon.)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I started 5 months ago, and have spent 50 dollars on the game (I will buy the 10 dollar bundles at the start of the month), and my team can down everything (Still have a few bosses left to do but its mostly just organizing shit to get to them). There is a 1/2 NRG event going on right now, and this banner is pretty good for rerolling, Sephiroth chains with a bunch of other characters which makes him an easy fit. And the 4 star unit is a pretty good magical tank, so that's two slots you'll get top of the line characters for. Also, they've started giving away very nice, but older TMR items from 3 star units during Mog King events once a month, which for veterans doesn't do much, but for new players they are huge power boosters.

So yeah, its not hard at all to catch up. You won't have a super versatile team for months, but you'll have a capable team if you reroll, and then spend a couple months making sure your energy and orbs are spent. If you're willing to spend 5-10 a month, it will go much faster, but totally possible free to play

Also, right now is a raid event, Bahamut--its great for free TMR's when you eventually get the units. Its up for another 4 days, if you start, and add us as friends, most of the carry units can pretty much solo him. So you'll have a ton of Cactuars (Used for leveling), Gil units and as said, free TMR's to give your units some really powerful weapons to start with. (If you Reroll a couple times, try to keep a Zyrus, the Moogles from Bahmut will give you a really powerful mage weapon.)

Awesome! Thanks for the info, i'll give it a shot then.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was a little behind on the story. Went to catch up and ended up with 15k lapis so I did 3 pulls in the step up. Only got a 3rd Trance Terra and a Knight Delita. Im going to spend the cash to get the remaining lapis to do the 4th and 5th pull before the banner ends, but Im hoping I can scrounge up another 4k going back through the missions I didnt get while the story is half off so I dont have to spend too much. Im no broke boi but its tough to justify spending money on this bullshit when my luck has been so bad.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Sucks when bad luck strikes on these games, but at least either one of the banner rainbows on step 5 is a great pull. I know I haven't really said much about Lila, but she's pretty good too. For example here's what two Lila's chaining can do on the Bahamut raid: Youtube link

Note that I actually did 118 million damage to Bahamut in the video even though I said 118 thousand by accident.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sucks when bad luck strikes on these games, but at least either one of the banner rainbows on step 5 is a great pull. I know I haven't really said much about Lila, but she's pretty good too. For example here's what two Lila's chaining can do on the Bahamut raid: Youtube link

Note that I actually did 118 million damage to Bahamut in the video even though I said 118 thousand by accident.

Yeah look over him guys. He didnt know what a praying mantis was either.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Yeah, streaks really blow in this game. I had 65 or so tickets, 55 rare. I've been waiting to pull not so much for Seph, but for any 5 star because all my current ones are maxed, and I have a back log of pots (Also a lot of my useful four and even three stars are maxed.) Just wanted a good banner to pull on, and both these units are good so I went for it.

Burned through all the tickets except 5 of the four star--not a single rainbow. I know there is an 18% of not a single event of 3% in sixty or so pulls (Well a few would be 5% but it shouldn't alter the number too much). It's still pretty brutal when it happens, especially because I only got like 7 Shyts and 1 Snow as my four stars heh and because I'm about to set off on another no pulling streak and am still backed up with free TMRs (Have 4 mood makers, 4 Stoss Spears, 4 Gungirs now, 5 Draco spikes---have never gotten a Zhylis, ever, in all my pulls...) and pots and Cactuars. Was hoping for just 1 so I had something to work on, at least. Oh well.

Half tempted to do the step up. I haven't even finished season 1 of the story, so if I roll through at 1/2 energy I should get the lapis needed to do a full round. The issue is, it takes at least a few months to build up 20k again (Even with avoiding dailies). Don't want to get caught with my pants down on a banner I really, really want. (I like Seph, and I have an Onion Knight so I could use him as a chain partner...But he's not at all critical because I have actually a good set up for physical damage across a couple elements now. I really need mages. My only magic damage dealer is Barb.)

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
If you’re ever going to spend Lapis pulling on banners than this is the one to do it. For 25k you are guaranteed 2 rainbows and the banner units are both strong. Sephiroth keeps getting put down on reddit but he’s one of the best units in the game. Reddit tends to skew towards the “if he’s not the absolute best than he’s trash” mindset but his strength is in his versatility and longevity. He is still relevant in JP despite not getting enhancements simply because he chains with everyone and is easy to build.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He is still relevant in JP despite not getting enhancements

Redditors are, as always, completely retarded. Despite not getting enhancements yet he's a top tier DW chainer and while TDH chainers may be all the rage, DW is far easier to build courtesy of the Leo katana (Seph's bonus for equipping his TM is actually pretty weak so it's very skippable if you don't have genji or lorraine tm). He's in two chaining families and his HE frame move does dual imperil for 60% which is basically as good as it gets outside of retarded element locked GL originals. Only reason I'm gonna uoc Raegan over Seph for now is because of how ridiculous Raegan's TM is.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
I quit playing months ago, but a rl friend still plays. He pulled 5 sepheroths on route to2 lilas.

He completed a second noctis ring just by pulling so many.

Still zero Orlando's lol

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
lol, well, went ahead and began the step up. Got to step 3--no rainbows except for the forced one. Only 5 golds, 4 of them forced...Ugh. The rainbow was Roy, which I know he's good, but I have Lunera already.

So now on 90 summons without a rainbow (Save for one automatic one.) Talk about a kick in the nuts. That's a 6% chance of happening. Yay....

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are there any good youtube channels with current GL events and mechanics? I think the only one I've watched is one of those snobs because he said Sepiroth sucks because he only chains with himself.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
got a lila on my 10% ticket (step 4), but a handful of rainbows from all of my tickets and the steps.
lila, CG sakura, Nyx, Noctopus #3, summer fina

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Re-Downloaded this and still have my old data. Should probably just restart, but don't really feel like doing all those early story quests again. Don't remember anything about this game but pretty sure I had a solid team when I quit so hoping it's a slight headstart. Gonna spend my Lapiz on the Sephiroth pulls I guess? Current team is Exdeath/Lass/Rain/Golbez/Roselia all 5* max lvl. Looks like my rank is 29 but don't remember what that means....

ID is 970 666 277 if anyone would be kind enough to add my gimpy ass

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Are there any good youtube channels with current GL events and mechanics? I think the only one I've watched is one of those snobs because he said Sepiroth sucks because he only chains with himself.
To do a bit of self promotion, I upload youtube vids about FFBE, usually with some kind of guide on how to beat the latest boss or trial. I've got guides on my channel for just about every trial and 10 man boss if you were looking for some tips. My channel is Here.

Some other youtubers that I personally like to watch are Claic Yuzolt and Howl. The Claic stuff is mostly him just hyping the game with not much real info, but I still like his vids. Howl has a lot more game mechanics stuff in his vids.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Gonna spend my Lapiz on the Sephiroth pulls I guess? Current team is Exdeath/Lass/Rain/Golbez/Roselia all 5* max lvl

Definitely do the Sephiroth stepup pulls. From that team you listed, only Roselia is at all relevant (she's probably the best non-rainbow healer). If you get a Sephiroth, use moogles to get yourself some form of dual wield, then you're set for a very long time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Thoughts on the CG Lid banner? As great as CG Lids sounds, I think it might be a pass for me since I am not having any trouble with content. I might throw a few tickets at it and see what pops out, but no lapis.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
On the third step but need to farm Lapiz. Noticed I had 28 free ticket summons so I used one and got Sephiroth. Any point in hoarding these or should I just burn them all? Party is pretty potato so guessing I should be filling them now so I can level them as I do the story. Think I am about to get Siren so guessing I have ALOT of ground to cover. Also should I stick with the Sephiroth summons or do the normal ones? By the time I finish the step up shit I will have at least 2 of the new units and a dupe.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thoughts on the CG Lid banner? As great as CG Lids sounds, I think it might be a pass for me since I am not having any trouble with content. I might throw a few tickets at it and see what pops out, but no lapis.

She's really strong in 4-5 years when GL actually starts rolling out content.

Nocello

Golden Squire
On the third step but need to farm Lapiz. Noticed I had 28 free ticket summons so I used one and got Sephiroth. Any point in hoarding these or should I just burn them all? Party is pretty potato so guessing I should be filling them now so I can level them as I do the story. Think I am about to get Siren so guessing I have ALOT of ground to cover. Also should I stick with the Sephiroth summons or do the normal ones? By the time I finish the step up shit I will have at least 2 of the new units and a dupe.
You may not have a dupe. Could get Lila on that last step. The 3rd step is a random 5 star, not an on banner. So you could possibly end up with 3 different rainbows. I'd keep pulling on the step up. Hope for a healer and a nice tank would help.