Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I assume everyone knows this but let me put it out there anyway: Tomorrow's banner features Lightning. The odds of pulling her is expected to be one half of one percent per summon (0.5%). The odds are not good so don't go chasing her. It does sound like the other two units are solid though. One is the best 5 star tank in the game (she gets outclassed when other tanks get 6 star awakenings) and the other has a double cast trust mastery. So it's worth a few pulls but don't go too hard thinking you're going to get Lightning.

In other news I finally hit craft for my first Shining Splendour.

Zynth

N00b
Is the new stuff up yet? I feel like I'm missing something obvious. Went to Dwarven Forge and nothing.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I assume everyone knows this but let me put it out there anyway: Tomorrow's banner features Lightning. The odds of pulling her is expected to be one half of one percent per summon (0.5%). The odds are not good so don't go chasing her. It does sound like the other two units are solid though. One is the best 5 star tank in the game (she gets outclassed when other tanks get 6 star awakenings) and the other has a double cast trust mastery. So it's worth a few pulls but don't go too hard thinking you're going to get Lightning.

In other news I finally hit craft for my first Shining Splendour.

It's ok, my plan is to get lightning on a single pull.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One is the best 5 star tank in the game (she gets outclassed when other tanks get 6 star awakenings)
She also has a side quest that rewards a shield with AOE Esuna effect on it that only she can use. Doubt it will be in game from the start but hopefully not too long after.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
haha got all excited when i got a gold crystal from my discount summon this morning.

4* clyne

Vorph

Got 3* Charlotte from daily, 4* Charlotte and 3* Ludmille from tickets. Guess I'm done other than dailies.

One whale with a maxed out Lightning in my list already, and one other lucky son of a bitch with her at like level 47. Early stats have Lightning at 1.5% after ~4400 recorded pulls, which is making a 10+1 pull pretty tempting since her rate will be like 0.1% or less off-banner.

I'm glad I don't actually need the bow from Brachiosaur because that shit is fucking impossible without Full Break.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Did "some" pulls:

11x:
* 3* Fran
* 3* Anzelm
* 3* Cyan
* 4* Galuf
* 3* Galuf
* 3* Rydia
* 3* Ludmille
* 4* Vivi
* 3* Anzelm
* 3* Russel
* 4* Sabin

3x Summon Ticket:
* 3* Charlotte
* 4* Sabin
* 3* Ludmille

1/2 Off summon:
* 3* Duane

Two Dualcast TMs eventually I guess, and a Charlotte. Also a shitload of dupes. I fused every single duplicate unit. I'm at like 45% TM with Galuf :|

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I did the daily pull, got another Kefka. Not the worst I guess...

Brachiosaur trial was a nice challenge. Beat it with a physical team (Bartz, Lasswell, Cloud, Xiao, Lenna). He's a dragon, so having a few copies of the dragon killer passive from that friend point dragoon is a big help. Be sure to guard your entire team on the turn he's charging up ultima so you can survive.

My kill video:

Vorph

So I decided to do my 10+1 today. This.... is not what I expected:
11pull.png

Had 0 Vaan, Locke, or Exdeath before this. That's even a 5* Exdeath too.

Last edited:

Zynth

N00b
I did the daily pull, got another Kefka. Not the worst I guess...

Brachiosaur trial was a nice challenge. Beat it with a physical team (Bartz, Lasswell, Cloud, Xiao, Lenna). He's a dragon, so having a few copies of the dragon killer passive from that friend point dragoon is a big help. Be sure to guard your entire team on the turn he's charging up ultima so you can survive.

My kill video:

What is your Bartz equipped with? I have one but I feel like his damage isn't enough.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
What is your Bartz equipped with? I have one but I feel like his damage isn't enough.

Gungir, Doublehand, and Dragon Killer are the big things that boost his damage. Full list of his setup:

pic.png

I show the setup for each member at the end of that video I linked.

Zynth

N00b
I really need to TM farm.

Screenshot_20160923-201739.png
my shitty pulls plus a Firion, another Kuja, and a 4* Bedile!!

*How do I do the nox farm script thing?
*Figured it out.

Last edited:

Vorph

Yeah, I really have to get going on the TM shit too. I was Nox-less for a month or so because it started crashing constantly and the only thing that fixed it was when I upgraded to Windows 10. In the meantime I've gotten more TM units so I have to decide which 5 to focus on. Since my main team will be Lightning, Chizuru, CoD, Vaan, Lenna, I'm thinking Blade Mastery and Sakurafubuki for Lightning, Dual Wield for Chizuru, Rising Sun for CoD, and Barrage for Vaan. I'll probably do the Dual Casts all in one group after that since I have 4 Ludmilles and only see myself ever needing at most two Dual Cast materia.

And after that I still have Shantotto, Terra, Lenna, a bunch of Kains, and up to 5 Kefkas to deal with. I really have to question the sanity of the person who thought something that takes a solid month of botting was a good idea. Playing normally since day one of pre-release, my starter Firion is only 15.8%.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I decided to do my 10+1 today. This.... is not what I expected:
View attachment 79051
Had 0 Vaan, Locke, or Exdeath before this. That's even a 5* Exdeath too.
Fuck you, you lucky jerk!

TM farming seems like just a fucking whale sink... if Trust Moogles rained from the sky, I would sort of get it...

Though in one of Gumi's other games, they made it seem like the +stat bonus and the +equipment slot bonus enhancements would be rare, and and the mid-late stage of the game I'm just swimming in them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got the last bit of lapis I needed for an 11 pull, had a brainfart and closed the window when I was trying to screenshot. Nothing I wanted but with a 5* leo I really have nothing to complain about.

4* fran 4* vivi 3* shadow 4* WoL 4* shan 3* rydia 3* penelo 5* leo 4* gilbert 3* bedile 4* shan

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The TM farming is for sure a poorly designed system. I saw a suggestion on reddit where they could change TM to instead of being 10% chance for 0.1% gain per dungeon, it could instead be 10% chance for 0.1% per energy spent (so a 14 energy dungeon would reward 1.4% TM when it procced at it's usual 10%). That would mean you could just play the game naturally, and have the same TM progress per energy spent as botting earth shrine for a month. Maybe someday they do update the TM system, but it would take half a year to filter down to us global players anyway.

Vorph's insane pull is testing my resolve to skip doing many pulls on this banner. Lightning would be great, but honestly, I want a full break user even more than Lightning. I beat the Brachiosaur trial without fullbreak, though it was a very close battle. If the next trial steps up the difficulty very much and I still don't have fullbreak, it may cause issues. Rain's 6* form does come fairly soon into the 6* updates, so that's one safety net at least.

Going to do 3 more half off pulls and see what I get, then decide if I want to go all in or not.