Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My Cecil is still 4* because he's about halfway through LB13 and should easily hit 15 before finishing Excalibur, so I'm a bit concerned about not having a tank with immunity to light for Maxwell. I may try using someone else's 6* Cecil instead of bringing a whaled out CoD like I normally would though.

I'm not sure what her difficulty is like yet. She still has 1,000,000 hp, but considering I can do 600k to Vargas with my CoD who only has dual wield for TMs--and Maxwell takes double damage from dark even before Imperil--that doesn't tell me a whole lot.

I guess that would make the team Lightning, CoD, Agrias, Refia, ??????, friend Cecil. Don't have Garnet and none of my Rydias are maxed so I'm not sure who to bring in the 5th slot.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
2 metal god stages in 97 runs for me. I'm just glad they both happened after I switched to +400%. I'm doing 3 a day now for the daily quest and should end up with enough karma to buy the trust moogle as my last item. Good point about Maxwell, if she's easy enough to beat first thing tomorrow that will bump it up another 25% for the rest of the event. Sounds like it was nerfed quite a bit according to the people who got to fight her early today, but the hard part will be not killing her too fast before the esper gauge fills, and my teams generally rely on killing bosses in 1-2 turns because I can't survive against any of their major attacks.

Bring Rydia and someone with Entrust.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I hate farming sacred crystals.... I need like 150 of the damn things. Cactuar dunes is this weekend, which is where I'm going to be sinking 100% of my energy for 2 days, but I can't evolve anyone until I farm more crystals...

I saw a neat tip for farming Cecil's limit break. Give him an auto-regen item (angel ring), Chirijaeden (or any fire element weapon), an auto-limit item (currently only CoD's TM reward, but more sources in the future) and have Cecil auto-battle Chimera. Since chimera is fire immune, Cecil will never kill it. With auto-regen, he should out-regen the incoming damage and never die. With auto-limit, every few rounds he does a limit burst.

Put it on autobattle, go to sleep, wake up the next day with a few thousand LB exp for 0 energy spent. Bring a phoenix down to ressurect someone to kill the chimera when you're ready to finish the fight.

Since I doubt anyone has TM farmed CoD, this setup is unrealistic, but some of the later TM rewards that auto-fill limits are very worth farming (one TM reward later for example heals ~2500 health, 10% mana, and 2 limit gauge per turn).

That setup should work with anyones limit as long their limit doesn't add an element other than fire/ice/thunder, but not all units may be able to live with only auto-regen.

Last edited:

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
So arena is extremely tedious. Is there some setup I can to just one round everything? Maybe put my 5 Edgars to use?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The only way to one round the arena is with dualcast or dualwield. There's a damage cap of 999 per ability use, or 999x2 for dual abilities. Tanks like Cecil, or whaled out 6* dps can have up to 8000 or more hp, so you need 4x2 skills hitting for 999 to one round them.

4x Arc + Cecil can win in one round without any TM's, but if an enemy Lightning or Luneth goes first and uses their aoe dualwield skill, you will lose since 5* mages die in one hit to them + any additional aoe.

4x Lightning/Luneth can potentially one round teams, but since 99% of teams have a Cecil, you won't really ever win on round one since the covered unit will survive.

After Exdeath 6* releases, if you can manage to pull 4 of him, that's an easy one round victory in 95% of games, since he won't die to enemy teams going first (usually). Until it's dualcast banned week. Then you're sad.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Maxwell trial's out. She's.... hard. I managed to beat it with the special mission to summon Diabolos and finish her with a limit, but the no death mission... fuck that. I think I had 15 or more deaths during her fight. Refia spent most turns dual casting full raise. I'm glad I was able to get my copy of Maxwell, but I can only imagine the rage on reddit once people realize she's ridiculously hard.

Team I used was Cecil, Refia, CoD, Agrias, Garnet, and a non-whale friend Elza (she only had doublehand and gungir for TM's).

Video of my kill:

Oh and I got Garland from my first daily pull, so I'm done with this banner already. It was a good day.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I can knock out that last mission of doing it flawless if I level up the Maxwell for dps (she has innate holy resist), and wait until a superwhale 650+ atk friend with a dark element weapon shows up. Using Cecil, CoD, Refia, Maxwell, Agrias + friend, I think I could burst her down before someone dies. Maybe. Depends who she chooses to nuke with meteor.

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Hard doesn't begin to describe her. I don't think I can do it and my account isn't that bad. I just don't have any TMRs and I can't stay alive.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Maxwell trial's out. She's.... hard. I managed to beat it with the special mission to summon Diabolos and finish her with a limit, but the no death mission... fuck that. I think I had 15 or more deaths during her fight. Refia spent most turns dual casting full raise. I'm glad I was able to get my copy of Maxwell, but I can only imagine the rage on reddit once people realize she's ridiculously hard.

Team I used was Cecil, Refia, CoD, Agrias, Garnet, and a non-whale friend Elza (she only had doublehand and gungir for TM's).

Video of my kill:

Oh and I got Garland from my first daily pull, so I'm done with this banner already. It was a good day.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I can knock out that last mission of doing it flawless if I level up the Maxwell for dps (she has innate holy resist), and wait until a superwhale 650+ atk friend with a dark element weapon shows up. Using Cecil, CoD, Refia, Maxwell, Agrias + friend, I think I could burst her down before someone dies. Maybe. Depends who she chooses to nuke with meteor.
I was looking for your CoD and saw the maxwell, congrats!

Man I need more Whale friends :(

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Whale friends aren't enough. The trial is utter bullshit and broken. Japan got it much later in the games life so people were more prepared for it.

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
My luneth/lightning/cod/refia/Cecil team with any number of whale friends just gets dunked every time around 25% hp. Is it just rng? This trial is 100% impossible without multiple dw dps. Fullbreak doesn't seem to make a difference in whether I live or die either.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can probably win the trial if I just go all in on killing her, but good god I have no idea how I'll manage to get the esper gauge built up for a summon and then still have the gas left to win. Garnet would be so much better than Rydia for this.

*edit*

And yes, full break makes a HUGE difference in how much damage she deals.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I've done a few Lapis refills to get the sacred crystals I need to get WOL to a 5 star. Now I'm farming cactaurs for him to get full break. This fight is just broken though. I was really enjoying this game until today and now it just frustrates me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I actually tossed Agrias in with Elza for my xp runs in maranda coast because I don't like WoL covering himself to death in this.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
My only Full Break units are WOL and Ingus. I haven't touched Ingus since pulling him so I figure WOL is my better option.

I aborted my plan to get the 15% Magic ability and bought all the other cheap abilities instead. I was holding off since we are getting the 10% attack recipe in the next week or two. But I figured the Mog abilities are better overall since they combine stats.

Once I get my WOL to 80 my team will be:
Cecil
COD
WOL
Refia
Garnet

I'll take a whale friend. But reading Reddit it seems that all of the wins use massive amounts of stacking buffs and debuffs. So this gives me Full Break, Embolden, Focus, Omni resist and increased summoning on Garnet. If I can't do it with this setup than it's not happening for me and I'll strongly consider deleting the app.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
There is a turn counter and a threshold for this.... every 4 turns maxwell will do rune and sacred song, and at <30% she'll do endless (this is ripped straight from BF). Just be happy she's healing instead of an angel idol.

Yeah, so they rush out this content but leave out the rest of it... pretty bullshit.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
A few more from the FOH line chat will be sending you guys some friend requests (Oninlan & Thengel)

Tried the Maxwell trial once. I think I'm 3 months away from being able to do it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hate farming sacred crystals.... I need like 150 of the damn things. Cactuar dunes is this weekend, which is where I'm going to be sinking 100% of my energy for 2 days, but I can't evolve anyone until I farm more crystals...

If you don't mind the tedium/time investment, i recommend doing script runs in mystic forest instead of dunes. The boss can drop sacred crystals, so you gradually accumulate them while leveling characters, and the energy ratio is insane.