Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
S2 Lasswell actually has a cut scene LB rofl

Major spoilers for the S1 story if you look up anything about it or watch it though.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Months from now I'll try it again with only 5 characters, but for now I'm perfectly content with the Genji Blade, Trust Moogle, and Bushido lol.

Definitely my biggest problem with Gilgamesh was keeping up with the healing, and swapping Refia for Y'shtola and Snow for Cecil completely fixed that problem for me. Before Vinen's Noctis, I tried using a whale friend's Orlandeau but it just didn't work; Orlandeau on his own doesn't do significantly more damage than a Noct and not having access to Comeback or Cover (my own Noct was on permanent elemental sealing duty) really hurt. The toughest thing about this challenge is that it seems like your characters are locked into very specific roles so if something goes wrong you don't have any wiggle room to adapt to it. I hope that future trials will be a bit less formulaic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Element sealing is why Gigglemash is such a rigid encounter. For the most part the other trials are a lot more flexible.

*edit*

Also, apparently Gumi changed the 'no items' achievement to '5 units or less', which should pretty much trivialize killing Ifrit first.

Last edited:

Tiphares

Golden Squire
So i totally forgot about maintenance tonight. I was really close to rank so i was trying to grind it out. That will be a huge waste of NRG when i ding as soon as the servers come back and i have full NRG... again...

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Go directly into the new trial when servers come up. If you fail once or twice, then you didn't really lose much since that energy was going to be overflow waste anyway!

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I am not even sure what party comp to go with. I guess Cecil, Refia, and Minfilia for sure. Then Orlandeau and Gilgamesh for dps and Noctis friend. I did not pull enoigh cactuars to max Xon and Minfilia yet. I was trying to do that last night too.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
how close were you? because you can burn energy in something with really low rank xp, like pro awakening.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh right enhancement vortexes should be coming in. Yeah, they're terrible rank xp, good for burning off excess energy.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So Refia or Yshtola for main healer? Using Yshtola allows for DC on Cecil, so that should help a bit more even, and I have all of the yshtola equipment.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The only thing Yshtola really has over Refia is auto-refresh for more sustain in long fights. Refia has better spell access, higher stats, and innate immunities.

If you only have one copy of dualcast (or none), then that's another point to Yshtola, but that's a short term issue. Once Refia's enhancements come out and she gets auto-refresh as well, there will be no comparison, she just wins in every category.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The only thing Yshtola really has over Refia is auto-refresh for more sustain in long fights. Refia has better spell access, higher stats, and innate immunities.

If you only have one copy of dualcast (or none), then that's another point to Yshtola, but that's a short term issue. Once Refia's enhancements come out and she gets auto-refresh as well, there will be no comparison, she just wins in every category.
I'm at like 30% on my second copy of DC, so I'll just grind it out and slot it on PCecil once I get it. Thanks.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Loyalty bonus came out, as did the "Eggggstravaganza!" community bonus.

This is our first 4* summon ticket right? I'm tempted to use it to get a Xon, but I'm afraid I'll get a Delita or Fryeverianghkan instead...

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Ended up cheesing the new trial with a triple Orlandeau setup. Greatsword Mastery is a pretty amazing reward though. Ends up boosting my Orlandeau to 963 with Ifrit up. Maybe some day I'll actually pull a Greg to get a Genji glove to go with it.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
I used my 4 ticket on the generic rare summon hoping for the incredibly small chance of getting a Gilgamesh. I pulled a Gafgarion. I don't know what I expected.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Daily went blue to gold and got Hope. Used my 4star ticket and got Xon. Glad I got him since he has the potential to be incredibly broken. On the flip side he could be entirely useless depending on how bosses are coded with his steal ability.