Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It wasn't sent in the mail, my account just had 5k more than before (I was at ~23,000 or so yesterday, but today I'm at 29,000). Check if your lapis total is higher than it should be.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
It's not. I had ran my lapis to zero preparing for the switch from the google version of the game to the amazon one.
I've seen several other people post that they did not get 5k lapis on FB and another forum. It might have something to do with having 0 lapis. That seems to be a common thread. I'm not sure. Other people have speculated that it has to do with iO/S (Apple) phones. Do you use Nox for TMR farming? It could be on your Nox version of FFBE.

On a side note: another week of TMR farming! Another Dual Wield and Blade Mastery done in preparation for 10-man trials. Still slowly working on my Rikku TMRs for the Marlboro trial.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Since we have a week of nothing to talk about, I'll give my theorized idea for the 10 man Sheratan trial which releases Thursday. Team I'm considering is:

Main Team:
Earth Veritas -- aoe cover, team +100% earth resist buff
Tilith -- heals
9S -- 54% fullbreak (limit), on-demand 50% mag break, pod152 chainer
Fryevia -- aoe 50% atk break, pod152 chainer
Ace -- imperil, mana restore

Backup Team:
Rydia -- esper finisher for last round (full +Evoker materia)
WoL -- backup tank
Refia -- backup healer
Gilgamesh -- aoe finisher
Orran -- turn 1 graviga, backup mana refiller

Primary team will be immune to paralyze and sleep. Ace will be geared in as much +spirit as possible and should be able to partially resist the aoe mana drains in p2, and so long as he has at least 10 mana remaining, he can refill the team, otherwise Orran will have to swap in for a round and feed ace some, then ace will fill the team (both of their mana refill is instant instead of a regen).

Fryevia/9S will break the damaging stats on turn 1, then by turn 3 9S can solo break with his limit burst and Fryevia can use those turns to put up the 40% shield from pod152, so my damage will be Breaks, dps, dps, repeat on a 3 turn rotation. Ace will do imperil and mana topoff for 2/3 turns, while I swap in Gilgamesh for a finisher hit to help speed up the dps on 1/3 turns.

For the first round, I'll have Orran swap in for Ace's slot and do graviga on my team, which Tilith will heal. Doing that puts the entire team in crisis mode, which activates all of the buffs like Vengeful Wrath, Resentment, and the permanent +100% DEF/SPR on EV. That lets me mostly ignore a buffing team slot.

For phase 2 when the pumpkins spawn, I'm not sure the best lineup. If the team doesn't need healing that round I'll swap Tilith for WoL and do aoe def break, and I'm not sure if it's more damage to use Ace for 75% imperil, or Gilgamesh to aoe cap the pod chains. I'll have to simulate the numbers and see, but I really want to one shot the pumpkins when they spawn. I could also cap the chain with an esper summon using Earth Veritas (I made a macro to time esper capping perfectly using the training dummy), but I'm not sure that I'll be able to refill the esper gauge fast enough in p2 before it's time to kill him with an esper for the mission.

Those are my thoughts at least. We'll see how far off the mark I am when it releases!

Edit: Turns out only EV's crisis buffs are permanent once activated. Resentment/Vengeful are 3 turn duration per activation.

Last edited:

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Since we have a week of nothing to talk about, I'll give my theorized idea for the 10 man Sheratan trial which releases Thursday. Team I'm considering is:

Main Team:
Earth Veritas -- aoe cover, team +100% earth resist buff
Tilith -- heals
9S -- 54% fullbreak (limit), on-demand 50% mag break, pod152 chainer
Fryevia -- aoe 50% atk break, pod152 chainer
Ace -- imperil, mana restore

Backup Team:
Rydia -- esper finisher for last round (full +Evoker materia)
WoL -- backup tank
Refia -- backup healer
Gilgamesh -- aoe finisher
Orran -- turn 1 graviga, backup mana refiller

Primary team will be immune to paralyze and sleep. Ace will be geared in as much +spirit as possible and should be able to partially resist the aoe mana drains in p2, and so long as he has at least 10 mana remaining, he can refill the team, otherwise Orran will have to swap in for a round and feed ace some, then ace will fill the team (both of their mana refill is instant instead of a regen).

Fryevia/9S will break the damaging stats on turn 1, then by turn 3 9S can solo break with his limit burst and Fryevia can use those turns to put up the 40% shield from pod152, so my damage will be Breaks, dps, dps, repeat on a 3 turn rotation. Ace will do imperil and mana topoff for 2/3 turns, while I swap in Gilgamesh for a finisher hit to help speed up the dps on 1/3 turns.

For the first round, I'll have Orran swap in for Ace's slot and do graviga on my team, which Tilith will heal. Doing that puts the entire team in crisis mode, which activates all of the permanent duration buffs like Vengeful Wrath (+100% atk on 9S / Fryevia), and +100% DEF on EV and Tilith (Resentment), and +100% SPR on EV. That lets me mostly ignore a buffing team slot.

For phase 2 when the pumpkins spawn, I'm not sure the best lineup. If the team doesn't need healing that round I'll swap Tilith for WoL and do aoe def break, and I'm not sure if it's more damage to use Ace for 75% imperil, or Gilgamesh to aoe cap the pod chains. I'll have to simulate the numbers and see, but I really want to one shot the pumpkins when they spawn. I could also cap the chain with an esper summon using Earth Veritas (I made a macro to time esper capping perfectly using the training dummy), but I'm not sure that I'll be able to refill the esper gauge fast enough in p2 before it's time to kill him with an esper for the mission.

Those are my thoughts at least. We'll see how far off the mark I am when it releases!
Questions:
Will you have the same element on Fryevia and 9S? Also, will you build Fryevia for ATK instead of MAG for more pod damage? Last, did you fully enhance Gilgamesh? I don't have enough power crysts for him after enhancing Agrias to chain with Orlandeau. I might go without a capper. I will use Tilith, Aria and Charlotte as my mp batteries i think. Then probably Reberta or Seven to imperil.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'll be using fire element on all of my attackers, geared for ATK (Fryevia can do more than just ice magic damage!) 9S will use Crimson Saber and Aigon's Fist. Fryevia will be using Vernard and Enhancer. Exact planned gear for my 3 dps is:
Fryevia (naturally Paralyze immune)
Vernard
Enhancer
Black Cowl (Sleep Immunity)
Demon Mail
Genji Glove
Pod153
Dark Knight's Soul
Earth Veritas TM
Adventurer IV
Vengeful Wrath

9S
Crimson Saber
Aigon's Fist (Helps fill his nice LB)
Black Bandana (Sleep Immunity)
Assassin's Vest (Paralyze Immunity)
Champion Belt
Pod153
DualWield
Fist Mastery
GreatSword Mastery
Vengeful Wrath

Gilgamesh
Vernard
Genji Blade
Imperial Helm
Lasswell's Clothes
Bracer
Ribbon (full status immunity)
DualWield
Blade Mastery
Dark Knight's Soul
Quick Assault

Gilgamesh is not enhanced at all. I have the materials to do so if I feel like it's going to make a difference, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it. I like DKC as my finisher way more, but of course every fight for the last like 2 months is dark resist/immune, including this one.

Last edited:

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
It's not. I had ran my lapis to zero preparing for the switch from the google version of the game to the amazon one.

I did the same thing. But when I logged into check. I didn't have the 5k. Then I remembered I still have the game installed on memu on my laptop for farming.

Checked there and bam 5000 lapis.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did the same thing. But when I logged into check. I didn't have the 5k. Then I remembered I still have the game installed on memu on my laptop for farming.

thats what I was gonna say. If you use nox or memu or log on some other method check that as well and see if you have extra lapis

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Started playing this recently, I rerolled until I got a Lunera, Rikku, Zidane and some other stuff.

If I could borrow some of the OP units that you guys have, that'd be great.

ID is 968865581
Request sent. Sorry it took so long. Decided to use some of the compensation lapis for slot expansion.

monnoh

Golden Squire
Request sent. Sorry it took so long. Decided to use some of the compensation lapis for slot expansion.
Thanks man. Already put everyone's units to good use and cleared the Shadow of the Empire event to PRO. ELT is gonna be too tough I think. I also used the lapis from the compensation to do another 10+1 pull and got a second Zidane. Should I level the TM of both? How many dual wields do I need?

Molten Core Raider

I use memu for my TM farming, still at zero lapis there :( I guess you had to have something other than zero in that lapis inventory data slot for the hackers 5k to work. Oh well, I don't need dirty lapis anyway! (I really do though)

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks man. Already put everyone's units to good use and cleared the Shadow of the Empire event to PRO. ELT is gonna be too tough I think. I also used the lapis from the compensation to do another 10+1 pull and got a second Zidane. Should I level the TM of both? How many dual wields do I need?

Sinzar is right three is preferred.

Reason being for more difficult content you really only have room for one dps. Your comp will look something like this... tank, healer, support, support, dps, friend dps.

For farm content like the raid we are on now your comp could be... debuffer, buffer, dps, dps, finisher, friend dps. You'll be going for a one turn boss kill.

This raid in particular can't be killed on turn one and the boss debuffs himself so you need a little more variety in your units to kill it efficiently.

Don't start refilling when you TM farm until you have around 100 energy unless you are ready to buy alot of Lapis. Use all the trust moogles you get to get a dual wield asap then start farming TMs for your best chainer.

Spark

Just started playing this a few days ago and I'm loving it. If anyone has time to answer a bunch of noob questions and get me going, I'd appreciate it. Trying to figure out which characters to use in the early game. So far I have:

Werei - Shantotto - Kupipi - Terra - Lasswell - Rain - Sice - Bartz - Fang - Lani - Freya - Duane - Gilbert - Ovelia - Mustandio - Celes - Agrias - Cyan - Nine - Cerius - Ingus - Bran - Ludmille

I have some duplicates of these characters which I believe you are supposed to fuse them with the same characters? I also have a lot of Gil Snappers, Cactuars and Gigantuars.

I don't want to waste time and resources leveling up characters if they're worthless down the road. At the moment I'm using Rain, Werei, Shantotto, Terra and Kupipi and they're all in the low 20's. Siren is my only Esper atm.

I read the first page of this thread about the things to do on a daily basis but that was around the time of release and figured some things on the to-do list might have changed since then? Is there anything I can be doing in the Farplane this early? Is dual-wielding something I can do early or is it a skill I have to unlock? Lots to learn just starting out.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Sell all gil snappers immediately, their only use is literally to be sold for money. Cactuar units can be fused to normal units for a big exp boost.

From your list, the only unit that has a use long term is Agrias, and she needs a lot of work to bring her up to a useful level. Rain, Lasswell, and Fina (you get her soon) are worth leveling just so you can complete their special trial fights for some nice equipment later, but you won't really use them after that.

For trust mastery rewards (another long term goal), you want to keep Ludmille, Werei, and Ingus.

The current summoning banner is very weak, so I'd recommend you save up your resources until a better banner comes along (we usually get a new banner every week, starting on Fridays).

For the farplane, you can take out the white dragon boss once your team is around level ~60'ish 4* (maybe sooner due to power creep). He requires no energy to fight, so check in every now and then to see if you can take him yet.

Dualwield is a trust mastery reward from Zidane, so first you have to pull a Zidane (harder than it sounds....), then you have to unlock his TM with either moogles (they're given as login rewards and during events) or a bunch of grinding. Some units learn dualwield innately, and those are super good for starters. I think Amelia is the only non-rainbow to learn innate dualwield though.

If you summon a unit that comes out of a rainbow crystal, they are almost always superior to almost any non-rainbow unit (with a few exceptions).

The first post in this thread is kind of out of date (as is a lot of the info from 15+ months ago). Here's the current wiki for the game: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki - There's a beginner's guide on the wiki that might be helpful, and it has a ranking list of which units are good or not (opinion based, but useful in general).

Last edited:

GonzytheMage

Just started playing this a few days ago and I'm loving it. If anyone has time to answer a bunch of noob questions and get me going, I'd appreciate it. Trying to figure out which characters to use in the early game. So far I have:

Werei - Shantotto - Kupipi - Terra - Lasswell - Rain - Sice - Bartz - Fang - Lani - Freya - Duane - Gilbert - Ovelia - Mustandio - Celes - Agrias - Cyan - Nine - Cerius - Ingus - Bran - Ludmille

I have some duplicates of these characters which I believe you are supposed to fuse them with the same characters? I also have a lot of Gil Snappers, Cactuars and Gigantuars.

I don't want to waste time and resources leveling up characters if they're worthless down the road. At the moment I'm using Rain, Werei, Shantotto, Terra and Kupipi and they're all in the low 20's. Siren is my only Esper atm.

I read the first page of this thread about the things to do on a daily basis but that was around the time of release and figured some things on the to-do list might have changed since then? Is there anything I can be doing in the Farplane this early? Is dual-wielding something I can do early or is it a skill I have to unlock? Lots to learn just starting out.

Have you linked the account to your facebook?

• 1Like

Spark

Thanks for the info Sinzar, lots of good stuff there. Yeah, the account is linked to FB.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Thanks for the info Sinzar, lots of good stuff there. Yeah, the account is linked to FB.
I guess re-rolling is not an option then unless you make a dummy FB account. Your unit line up is pretty weak actually, but can be workable with some hard work and a little luck. Whatever you decide, I have a couple of friend slots free. Feel free to add me. 082714846. Just put FoH in your comment so I know it's you.

Pro tip for the current and future raid(s) - Make sure to Pilfer (steal gil) from the boss. They always give 2-3k on ELT (not sure about lower difficulties). 50-75k per day is a pretty nice chunk of change; 2 week raid would be around 1m gil. Note: you may have to steal multiple times to reach the max 3k gil per run.

• 1Like