Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Second pull on the free banner...Got CG Laswell--pretty stoked, two five stars back to back, think I've used all my luck up. Wish I didn't burn my burst pots to save room. Heard maxing his limit really helps him, and I know its cheaper to max at five stars. =-/

JP just normalized LB costs last week, no clue how long that will take to make it to GL, could be quick could be half a year. For a newish player I feel like you're probably better off having him maxed rather than keeping him on the bench waiting on LB pots

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
JP just normalized LB costs last week, no clue how long that will take to make it to GL, could be quick could be half a year. For a newish player I feel like you're probably better off having him maxed rather than keeping him on the bench waiting on LB pots

Yeah. The expedition reward this week is a King Burst. I'm half way to it already so going to wait, grab that and then roll him to 6. That pot should get me to rank 7--I'll still be burning 11k more LB exp on the next set of levels than I'd need to if I kept him 5 stars, but he's such a massive power increase that I think I'll just have to take longer on maxing it later. A lot of trials are possible with him and Tidus that I don't think I'd be able to do otherwise.

Also need to level my story chars now so I can get Laswell's gear. All of it is a nice set of upgrades given I only have one TMR so far.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
So the new event banner looks interesting, but I don't know if any of them are must-haves. The sprites look amazing, though. The 4* Yan would be nice for her TMR and as a potential Rikku replacement. I think I will stay in save mode. Besides, sneaky Gumi will probably throw some amazing banner at us after this event is over. I just know it!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I don't really like the new banner and will probably skip it, but depends on the datamine. Limited characters are a bad idea to chase when thinking long term.

Molten Core Raider
Gonna treat this banner the same way I did the Sakura one. Burn a dozen summon tickets and just do the daily half off and cross my fingers. It worked for Sakura, maybe it will work for this one :p

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
New event is good for farming megacrysts if you still need those, and the crafted items are decent, but otherwise it's kind of dull. Hope there's something new for next week because 2 weeks of this would suck.

Last year's valentine event was 100000% better.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Being new I have been struggling just make hero rings (ALways spending my energy on events for awakenings ect). This drop rate is pretty insane. 5-6 per run, of each crystal, usually plus loads of other expedition mats.

Half price pull was Balthier, too, from this event banner. Got a Dark Knight Cecil yesterday. Now I'm kind of nervous about eventually getting 2 of any of these for a 7 star eventually...And it's odd. I'm getting these amazing cappers (CG Laswell, DK Cecil, Balthier ect) but only have Tidus to chain with (And from what I'm reading, he's notoriously unreliable in building a good chain.)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So I got my Genji blade, thanks to Rikki and Brasch the fight's pretty easy now, I should have done it before I did. I can see how it was probably pretty difficult before the tool set expanded, though.

Was wondering, how did you guys handle adventurer materia? Did you all just build up one to 40% and then begin working on another, or did you outfit your whole team with 10% first, and then work on one? I'm guessing because the way the damage formula works, 40% isn't a linear boost at all...But the cost isn't linear either. A single maxed out one will net me most of my teams worth of 20%.

To add to that, I'm pretty anemic on materia in general thanks to not having a break really in events and being new (So I need everything from them). I still haven't gotten to the 10% attack materia to craft them. So I could actually really use at least a few, but having a 40% to base stat boost for Balth/Laswell or Tidus would also be massive for me.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Definitely go for Adventurer 5, don't make multiple rank 3's or anything. Adv5 is best in slot for almost every unit, but everything below that you will outgrow over time.

I've made 2 copies of Adventurer5 so far and am working on my 3rd right now, they're amazing.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
got my 1st adv5 2 weeks or so ago, that was a long run to get that far, dunno how long it will take me for 10x of it

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Definitely go for Adventurer 5, don't make multiple rank 3's or anything. Adv5 is best in slot for almost every unit, but everything below that you will outgrow over time.

I've made 2 copies of Adventurer5 so far and am working on my 3rd right now, they're amazing.

Yeah, think I'm going to shoot straight for five.

Right now I'm probably going to use my Cactuars to finish leveling Rain/Laswell/Fina and the other story characters I get. From looking at it, his Purple Lightning is the highest damage weapon CG Laswell can have in slot right? I know it loses something thanks to not being elemental. But damn, 40% attack for him, plus the base 92 attack...Outside of Genji, and Lightbringer, and the one 83 attack sword from trial, I have no melee weapons over 80 attack, even. Only have 1 TMR so far, and chose dual wield. Will be a while before I can do Excalibur or anything good. So the sword is pretty massive for Laswell, and the trinket is 15% attack which is nice, hell even the armor with its protections is an upgrade (Plus if I do Rain's trial, the great sword is a raw attack upgrade for him as well, even if he can't use the unique on it).

Any case, the trials don't look hard--it seems like the biggest hurdle is having to use the shit story units, but with Rain/Laswell having six star forms now, and awakened abilities that are really cheap, and given the equipment I have--I think they should be a cake walk. Think I'd be wasting my resources going in this direction?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The story character trials are incredibly easy. I'm pretty sure a team of 6* Lasswell, and 5* Rain, Fina, Sakura, Jake could beat them with all missions without any TM's. You may not even need to bring Lasswell to 6* for them, but having him at 6* will speed it up a lot since he's the only DPS storyline unit.

Definitely do them all. I still use Rain's sword since it's the only fire greatsword (not counting a no longer available 5* TM).

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Would anyone be willing to slot their companion with Lakshmi for a little while? Won't be able to get to that point in the story for her, but want to run the event a couple more times for crystals, and would like to nab the 50 lapis.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Would anyone be willing to slot their companion with Lakshmi for a little while? Won't be able to get to that point in the story for her, but want to run the event a couple more times for crystals, and would like to nab the 50 lapis.
I'm not sure if we're friended, but I can put Lakshmi on Orlandeau for the day. Friend ID: 082,714,846

Molten Core Raider
So there's a one-time 5* guaranteed "cash summon" going in tomorrow (on 2-14), it's a 10+1 summon in which you're guaranteed a 5* unit (no limited units included though). They actually call it a "cash summon" which heavily indicates it wont be buyable with lapis. Im not sure about this one, the 5* summon pool is pretty diluted these days. If its only like 5 bucks, maybe Ill do it, but no way Im dropping 15 bucks or more for a chance at another dupe Reberta.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I have a lot of 5* units, but for better or worse, I have almost no duplicates, so I'm not in a good place for 7* even though it's still a long ways off. I'll probably do the pull if it's reasonably priced. I'm thinking 25$ or less yes, above that probably not, but we'll see what the final price ends up being.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
pulled gladiolus earlier... any use for his TM? I don't think I actually have a better shield

I'm assuming as a unit he sucks, am I wrong?