Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
[

Everything has been beaten in JP with dual wield so yeah in that regard you're fine. ExAlieen tm wont be used in the 7* meta unless you're lacking a proper gear setup. TDH come with 100% innate so you need to make up the other 200% It's not really up for debate that TDH does alot more damage than DW and this banner is the best chance at getting a full set. If I was lacking Cloud or Elfreeda I'd dump everything I had on these steps. It's your account though, so what you will.

Thanks for this breakdown. Where I'm new, I think the big thing for me is how generally damage is a secondary concern--if you can control the fight, you can win. I'm sure eventually they will add more damage checks in the future as the whole double tank/support meta thing becomes dominant, but for right now its pushing me to look toward support first.

That said, as you said, the TDH is a whole different ball game, and a single set of gear will remain valuable for a long time thanks to the designers clearly designing units for it (At least four so far). Hmm. I think I'm going to go with T Tiphares here and wait until the final couple days so hopefully I can see what's next and roll with it. Leaning toward possibly going for TDH over Nichol, especially given I have Roy/Lun, and while bard songs suck for 10 mans, they are still workable, I believe.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Couple posts on reddit are mentioning 7*'s are imminent/coming soon, how far out are we on those? I didnt expect that for a few months but some of these people are under the assumption it's a month away or so. Are they drunk or did I miss a memo somewhere?

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks for this breakdown. Where I'm new, I think the big thing for me is how generally damage is a secondary concern--if you can control the fight, you can win. I'm sure eventually they will add more damage checks in the future as the whole double tank/support meta thing becomes dominant, but for right now its pushing me to look toward support first.

That said, as you said, the TDH is a whole different ball game, and a single set of gear will remain valuable for a long time thanks to the designers clearly designing units for it (At least four so far). Hmm. I think I'm going to go with T Tiphares here and wait until the final couple days so hopefully I can see what's next and roll with it. Leaning toward possibly going for TDH over Nichol, especially given I have Roy/Lun, and while bard songs suck for 10 mans, they are still workable, I believe.

Look at it this way. Tidus is the best damage dealer now then in a few months its Hyoh after that it's Jecht after Jecht it's some other unit. At not point from here to current status in JP is Elfreeda x2 Cloud x1 power creeped by any combination of units.

My point is TDH may not have a lot of value to you now but the damage dealers of the future really want it. Using JP as an example if I missed Hyoh I could have pulled for Randi, if I missed Randi I could pull for Jecht and so on. Again this isn't saying you can't beat stuff if you dont have it (Sinzar has proven it can be done) but why would you pass on an opportunity to get the best gear the game offers from now to over a year from now.

Support units go in and out of your teams, I've only used a bard once and that was for Blood Moon because I didn't have TT to nuke it into oblivion so I had to run a sustained dps team. I use Roy sometimes for his LB stat buff to really amp my one turn damage. One constant that never changes is the fact I always use a big dps unit. They don't get any bigger than the 7* W-Ability chainers looking forward.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Couple posts on reddit are mentioning 7*'s are imminent/coming soon, how far out are we on those? I didnt expect that for a few months but some of these people are under the assumption it's a month away or so. Are they drunk or did I miss a memo somewhere?

Assuming we follow JP's schedule, 7* is released the week after CG Raegen, who is the next CG unit after Nichol. That puts the 7* upgrade for us around mid to late July.

Global takes pride in changing the schedule for what seems no like no reason other than because they can, so nothing is set in stone.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
How much do I need Cloud in the TDH setup? I realize his TM sort of makes it, but I've got the double Shin Gloves already.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
BiS TDH gives 145 ATK not including the weapon. So Buster Style gives at least that much bonus ATK on a single materia.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Threw 6 more tickets at cloud banner and ended up ripping a cloud, and I just got my 2nd elfreeda a few days ago. P stoked. The gf hit her first elfreeda off about 25 tickets and a few 10+1 tix yesterday. I'm hoping she's able to get another one before Friday

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Look at it this way. Tidus is the best damage dealer now then in a few months its Hyoh after that it's Jecht after Jecht it's some other unit. At not point from here to current status in JP is Elfreeda x2 Cloud x1 power creeped by any combination of units.

My point is TDH may not have a lot of value to you now but the damage dealers of the future really want it. Using JP as an example if I missed Hyoh I could have pulled for Randi, if I missed Randi I could pull for Jecht and so on. Again this isn't saying you can't beat stuff if you dont have it (Sinzar has proven it can be done) but why would you pass on an opportunity to get the best gear the game offers from now to over a year from now.

Support units go in and out of your teams, I've only used a bard once and that was for Blood Moon because I didn't have TT to nuke it into oblivion so I had to run a sustained dps team. I use Roy sometimes for his LB stat buff to really amp my one turn damage. One constant that never changes is the fact I always use a big dps unit. They don't get any bigger than the 7* W-Ability chainers looking forward.

Ending up doing a full run, thanks for the advice.

Talk about weird luck. First two pulls wound up with two clouds (So have 3 now). Then the forced random rainbow ended up being an Elfreeda--which I believe there is only a 1.7% chance of. No more rainbows until the forced one at the end, which ended up as another Elfreeda.

Can't complain, 3 clouds and 2 Elfreeda's--pretty happy. Will just have to hope I get lucky and can rip a nichol with ticket pulls, not likely, but can dream hah. (Only frustrating thing now is I was hoping for a rainbow I could actually find useful to level. I have so many fucking Catuars from the raid, and nothing to level. I've even leveled all my 4 star units which might be useful.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Looks like Gumi changed Merc Ramza and Knight Delita's enhancements.

He'll have +150% Defense in heavy armor with heavy shield and helm. But only +50% Spirit still. Also +20% HP (For 40% total)

Should have 335 defense before gear, and 175 spirit. (But Ramza offsets some of his spirit losses with innate charm resist and 15% resist all.)

Willhelm has 310 defense and 262 Spirit (With 110/100 bonuses, Wilhelm's base's are much higher, so anywhere close to capping he's superior in that way too).

But he also gets a provoke and 40% mitigation on it and 45% Attack/Mag break attached to his chaining move. It also enhances his single target breaks for attack/mag to 60% and they'll last 6 turns, not too bad.

Looks like Ramza went from a joke to being the second best provoke tank? With some niche uses even if you have Wilhelm (Like a fight with charm or if you need offensive breaks.) Pretty cool.

Delita and Rebert's enchancements are in there as well. (Also a few others, Cerius got some cheap 100% resists heh.)

Looks like Reberta's imperils will now be 75% (It seems its a 2 turn unlock though?). She also appears to chain with PoD, Seph's octo-slash and Prompto now, they are saying her frames were changed (Or another hit was added.) and she can spam the AE mystic thrust now, since the +2 version unlocks itself.

Any case, will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Have 2 Merc Ramzas, so would be happy if he wasn't totally useless.

Last edited:

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I have two Merc Ramza's, and my next best provoke tank is an un-enhanced WoL. Most of my tanking right now is an evade Tidus or evade Noctis, but having a real tank is good news for me!

Molten Core Raider
I know it's borderline excessive to ask this question, but is it worth the investment to have two TDH setups? I've pulled one Cloud and three Elfreeda prior to this step up banner. Seeing all the talk about how "future proof" the TDH setup is, would it be worth making a lap around the step up and trying to snag the other Cloud/Elfreeda Im lacking for two sets of the gear?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you plan to run 2x TDH units in a 10 man it's a good investment. It's pretty whale heavy to run a setup like that, and definitely not needed, so I'd say hold off, but depends how much you want to spend :)

Hyoh needs the 2 elf/1cloud setup, but Randi only needs 100% tdh to cap (so 1 cloud, or 2 elfreeda, but not both) since he gets 200% innate.

Elfreeda STMR is 50% tdh + 30% hp/def/spr materia, and with globals stacking rules, it can be useful to have yet another source of TDH in some situations.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ending up doing a full run, thanks for the advice.

Talk about weird luck. First two pulls wound up with two clouds (So have 3 now). Then the forced random rainbow ended up being an Elfreeda--which I believe there is only a 1.7% chance of. No more rainbows until the forced one at the end, which ended up as another Elfreeda.

Can't complain, 3 clouds and 2 Elfreeda's--pretty happy. Will just have to hope I get lucky and can rip a nichol with ticket pulls, not likely, but can dream hah. (Only frustrating thing now is I was hoping for a rainbow I could actually find useful to level. I have so many fucking Catuars from the raid, and nothing to level. I've even leveled all my 4 star units which might be useful.)

Level all the Clouds! He's great for expeditions and you can repeat spam raids with 3 of them.

Also grats on your pulls, if I only had that kind of luck!

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I let my son do 1 step-up lap. Queen #2, Jiraiya #3, Beatrix, and Cloud x2. Still need another Elfreeda for the set. Not bad except for the Jiraiya.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Here's my all missions budget clear video (no TM, no rainbows) of the new Rats from the Gutters trial against Terrarat: Youtube Link

Team I used was Garnet, Beach Fina, WoL, Cagnazzo, Timothy along with a friend Emperor.

Any dps friend works fine, but the boss is weak to fire so that's optimal.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Terrarat was not too bad. Party was - WoL (AOE cover), Garnet (esper), Mystea (clear veil), Ayaka (Cradle of Horns), Seph (3x Beast Killer) and Angelwatch Angelwatch Seph (3x Beast Killer). WoL had RoL and used Alterna for the finish, but any long cast spell would work.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
man, I really don't like the equipment/party management in this game. Why can't I have the same piece of equipment on the different characters in different parties? I understand that a lot of it has to do with explorations, but fuck, it's so annoying to have to unequip someone then equip them again after one fight. FFRK's system of save party configurations is just how the standard should be from now on.