Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Is there any reason to keep sub 5 star units that you would never use with maxed TM's?
Eventually we get a system to trade in 100% TMR'ed units for currency which can be used to buy some useful stuff. That system was just added to JP last month, so you have to hold onto those units for about a year before GL gets that same update. "Free" units with max TMR are not eligible, so go ahead and throw away any 100% TM'ed raid summoned units such as Thancred, Yda, etc.

Also, with the raid TM's, do you need the base unit to actually get the reward? I have some 100% moogles, but not the TM (or am I just missing it?)
You need the actual unit in order to feed it the moogle.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Akstar was released as a CG unit on the JP server today. I decided to go all out for him. 75k lapis, 30 gold tickets, 60 blue tickets, and some 10% tickets later.... I got his STMR (four copies of him).

pic.jpg

That also got me the 2650 parameter greatsword too since his attack is so high (and I don't even have enough stat pots to max him yet).

Here's the video of burning through almost 100k lapis worth of savings in like 20 minutes: Don't chase STMRs....

Molten Core Raider
There should be a riot if we don't get UoC in some capacity. These "Hero Coins" are insulting. Chased a CG Lid pretty hard this morning with zero to show for it from the 10+1s but the game didnt hesitate to reward my loyalty and spending with another CG Jake from the Hero Coin machine... Im a bit salty at the moment...

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Something we were talking about yesterday. Not only is there no mention of UOC but there was no mention of Raegan’s banner being a step up. That’s worrisome. In Japan this was the 11k Lapis version where you weren’t guaranteed anything but the odds got better as you progressed through the steps. Raegan himself isn’t a big deal but Hyoh should be next month and if Raegan doesn’t have the step up than it stands to reason Hyoh won’t either. While you weren’t guaranteed to get him on the step up this makes him much tougher to chase.

Molten Core Raider
The global version of the game is definitely a "see what sort of shit we can get away with" version when compared to JP.

I did go against my better judgment and did a few hate-rolls and finally grabbed a Lid (and CG Nichol #6 from the same pull). Im happier now, but more broke. My priorities are all sorts of messed up...

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So burned the rest of my tickets and did a 10+1 pull on the Lid/Nichol banner. Managed to get a rainbow.....Another Fina.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
On the positive side, your team will be indestructible when it comes to status ailments.

Ha, I'm joining you in the salt. Decided to go for broke because I just really want either a Lid or Nicol for 7 star. Spent every Lapis I had (Because I figured I'd build up a little more before trying for Hyou, and I'm not going after Raegan). 4 10+1 pulls, + the three tickets we got today. No rainbow. The 5 token pulled Jake (The worst part is, every other one save for Fina would have been extremely useful for me). Bit of an extra sting on this because with Nicol I got him with the 30% 5 star ticket and then blew around 75 tickets hoping for another on his banner...So between tickets, 10+1 and last time I've pulled for Nicol 140+ times, and not only did I not get him, none of those pulls were even rainbows.

The lack of UoC tickets is really bothering me because I know I do not have the luck to build up a decent 7 star team. And I know we don't need them right away, but honestly that's not the point for me, I just really enjoy making teams and maxing characters out. Super frustrating though getting a rainbow and knowing the unit is "incomplete" or will be soon because you need to pull 2. And I just know me, it will bug the shit out of me wanting to 'finish up' the toons and not being able to due to luck.

Any case though, yeah. The lack of UOC ticket news is really bugging me. That system has pretty much been the thing that kept me playing since the 7 star announcement.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Gumi definitely needs to do something regarding UoC or something equivalent because I dont feel that the "increased 5* rate" has made the impact it needed to for people prior to 7*s going in. My sample size is only two people but I play FFBE with a friend and his brother. Neither of them have had my sort of luck (or my spending habits) when it comes to pulling five stars. I have more than double the 5*s than the two of them do combined. Their outlook on the 7* system and my outlook on it couldnt be more different. Im excited at new stuff, building super strong units, they are afraid of not being able to clear content because they haven't spent enough. If that fear becomes realized they're just gonna quit the game and I doubt they'd be alone.

The Global version has had the purse strings tightened in almost every way compared to the JP version. Stuff removed, lesser or changed rewards, less free lapis and tickets, the playing fields are not equal. I may be blowing this out of proportion, I dont play the JP version and am only going by what Ive read, but it's gonna be definitely interesting to watch the playerbase in coming weeks.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really dont know why they do this. I would have no problem spending 20-50 a month on this game, maybe even more at times, but theyre making really easy to stay p much f2p. Couple of my friends started off spending 20 here and there also have all went p much f2p sans some good value bundles

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Here's my mostly budget guide to Aldhafera: Youtube Video

I used Fina and four TMR, but otherwise everything is 3-4* and free gear. All missions were completed too.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I really dont know why they do this. I would have no problem spending 20-50 a month on this game, maybe even more at times, but theyre making really easy to stay p much f2p. Couple of my friends started off spending 20 here and there also have all went p much f2p sans some good value bundles

It really is frustrating. They are being pretty generous with the Anniversary. But it seems like they always find a way to toss a turd in the punch bowl. It's actually kind of amazing they are so consistent with stepping on their own dicks.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
So this banner is a complete pass, huh? I think I might go in for Awakened Rain since I do not have Basch or Chow, but otherwise it looks like hoarding for Hyoh. Rumor is that we will be getting a Star Ocean collab this month. I'm assuming that will be the raid unless we get another 2nd anniversary Mog King raid. I did not pay attention to it when it went to JP so I don't know.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Raegen is pretty good at what he does, but he's not a top dps at all. He's good because he chains with a few families at 7* and has support such as raise, resist buffs, stat buffs, breaks, etc. He's not the best at any of those roles, but he can do all of it so he's super slot efficient. If you already have Sephiroth, he's way better at the "support chainer" role to pair with Hyoh.

I used him a lot early on in JP because of that flexibility, but once I pulled some meta units on JP Raegen has never left the bench since. Because of that, I'm skipping him on GL. His TMR is best in slot for dualwielders though, so if you want to chase a unit just for a TMR, there's that.

Star Ocean collab is 99% confirmed because Star Ocean had a convention in Japan or whatever that had posters and stuff promoting the collab, so yeah, we're getting that next week. It's a raid, and the units are beyond trash tier (and they don't have a 7* form) so absolute hard pass on the whole thing unless they do GL buffs (they prob wont).

We should also be getting Itemworld next week, and that's something to be excited about. Get ready to pray to RNG for good enchantment rolls!

Molten Core Raider
My Nox has been running out of friends while macroing a bunch today. Id come to the pc and see the stupid thing just chugging away on the friend select screen with nothing to pick. I have no filters on, no units or unit types are hidden. Anyone else run into this before?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Known bug. The 3.0 patch messed up the friends list. You need to exit out of the game to refresh it.

The worst part is Japan got the exact same bug 8 months ago when 3.0 rolled out so they’ve known about it. Japan got a full set of UOC tickets (10 which means a free unit) for the bug. Global will be lucky to get anything.

Molten Core Raider
Dunno if Im macro-smart enough to do that. The macro Ive been using is just one of the random ones I found on reddit rather than something I made. Dunno if i want to go tinkering around under the hood without a better understanding of it.