Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Btw, for those with Kunshira--she can also carry this. Made a short video for gear and what to use, but pretty much its break (World Destroy, Rikku or Shiva), Imperil (Basic esper one, but this isn't really needed--might be if you only use Siren's buff) and the Buff from Jochain or even Siren's will do (If you imperil). Then Thundaja blade (The finisher not the chaining move) the first 4 waves (Don't need to break the third wave, so you can save some mana), and then swap to Areoja blade (Wind finisher) for the boss.

Just build Kunshira with Ifrit. She has a natural beast killer, so she gets 175% beast killer with Ifrit. Really easy to one shot him with his -50% wind resist and her 16x finisher.

Here is a short, shitty quality vid I made of it.

Has the gear in the video. Nothing crazy, her own TMR, Adventurer materia, letters and arms and a 40% mag materia (One of the trial ones). Glory of Evil, Death Trap and just high mag pieces (I have hairpine of purity on her, but you don't need it. She can OTKO everything.)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
So no UoC ticket in the monthly log in rewards to make up for the one they removed from the MK event. Looks like unless they completely shock and surprise us by offering it some other way, Global is intended to get UoC tickets at half the rate of the JP version. That, along with severely limiting our UoC pool, and reducing the units in our 7* bundles, Gumi is really toeing the line here....

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm kind of neutral on the whole thing. Sure, I want UOC, better deals, more giveaways, less corporate greed, etc etc. At the same time, I've been playing Gumi games for something like five years now. Gumi is going to be Gumi, they're always greedy and sometimes incompetent, but they still make and/or manage really fun to play games, so I put up with it.

It helps that I already have dupes of all of the core units such as Wilhelm, Basch, Fina, Nichol, Terra, Sakura, Fryevia, and Sephiroth. I even have dupes of niche characters like Orlandeau, Aileen, Gilgamesh, Jake, Aranea, Queen, Ace, and Elfreeda. Part of that is dumb luck, but a lot of it was good resource management and very controlled pulling plans such as skipping all the fluff banners.

As it stands now, I don't need unit of choice. It's just a really, really nice luxury that I welcome as much as I can get, but I have a massive stash ready to chase Hyoh, and he's the only unit in my sights for the next 6 months (unless we get Xenogears collab, then I want Elly too). I have no doubt I can land two Hyoh with my stash, and even if I get the worst luck in the universe, I can UOC the 2nd with the free 10 we got as login rewards.

After Hyoh, it's just small upgrades, like I'd like Auron to replace Gilgamesh as my breaker, and I'd like Akstar to upgrade Hyoh (in a year), but neither is a big deal with my current account's power level.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
For me the lack of UoC tickets and shitty bundles has pushed me to be fully F2P, where before this game was getting my 15-20 a month. Given my luck, I just don't see even wise strategy being able to ensure I get 7 stars. Part of this is for me personally, I have very odd/shitty luck in these games...Currently, having recorded 400 pulls so far over the past few months, I have a 5 star rate of 1.6% (It spiked up after my amazing 4 LM Fina pulls in a row, lol, but I was already so far behind it only went slightly above 2% and over the next 100 pulls, all I got was an Ace =-/)....and with that rate I'm just never going to be able to aim correctly for a 7 star to round out a team.

I currently have 2 30% 5 star, 2 10% 5 star, 15 4 star and 70 rare tickets, plus 30k Lapis for Hyou--I have pretty much only spent tickets for Mog units, and I spent ten on the recent banner for the true dual wield materia for Onion Knight (But didn't get it =-/) but other than that, haven't spent a penny. However, given my current rates, and what happened with Nicol, I'm absolutely sure I've got zero shot at 2, hell, I'm even nervous about getting one. If I was spending money on top of that, it would sour me on the game to get one and realize I got half a character. So its better that I don't and this way I can just take things as they come and be happy building niche teams.

But yeah, overall..The lack of UoC, combined with a 3% Gacha rate? I feel like that might be a bad move. Nothing worse than getting a rainbow and actually feeling WORSE afterwords because you realize the likelihood of getting a second is non-existent. The 7 star system is amazing for vets who are working on dupes, super exciting now to get a dupe rather than just how it used to be (I imagine frustrating as shit)...But for newer players, the whole system is going to be a really rough ride with only getting 1-2 UoC's per year.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Hey guys so I just got my first android device today. I was just wondering if youre able to set up an auto play macro like the switch control for iPhones? Is it just done on a PC? And does anyone have any good video tutorials to set it up?

Molten Core Raider
Nox and Memu are pc based emulators that can run the game (pretty much all of us here use one or the other).

Check out: r/FFBraveExvius - Memu and Nox Macros for Explorations and TMR farming; 720p and 1280p

There's not much difference between the two emulators, some seem to run better and crash less on some pcs than the other so you may need to experiment to determine which is best for you. That reddit thread has loads of macros for both emulators as well as guides on how to set it up.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey guys so I just got my first android device today. I was just wondering if youre able to set up an auto play macro like the switch control for iPhones? Is it just done on a PC? And does anyone have any good video tutorials to set it up?

Ffbemacro.com has good instructions as well.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I think the only way you can setup macros on Android phones is by rooting them. I know there are a couple of apps out there, but I don't know much about them.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
pic.jpg

My 3rd... was free so yay I guess.

Molten Core Raider
I actually pulled a second CG Sakura from the 10+1 this morning. Pretty excited about that, I wanted to 7* her pretty bad. Finally grinded out that 150k UoC ticket, now I gotta start all the other crap that I want from KM. /sigh so much grinding, so little tmr farming.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Btw, how rare are TDW materia/items in JP? I know dual wield is inferior to TDH in most ways, but curious how rare it is.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Didn't JP do a cheap UoC and then an expensive UoC ticket in each MK event? Gumi is just that terrible, right?

Molten Core Raider
Yep, we also had two MK events that offered UoC tickets in JP (the FFBE CG event and the Squall/Rinoa event) but ours didnt because they didnt have the tickets implemented yet.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Didn't JP do a cheap UoC and then an expensive UoC ticket in each MK event? Gumi is just that terrible, right?
Yes, and in current day JP they get 4 UOC per month (3 from mog events, one from the monthly trial).

They also usually get 1-2 extra per month on top of that from random reasons, such as a thank you for watching their monthly dev video (but everyone gets the ticket in the mail whether or not you watched it).

There's also a bunch of missions that give UOC tickets, but they can only be completed once (for example awaken 5 units to 7* for 2 UOC frags, awaken 10 units to 7* for 2 more, etc with rewards all the way to awaken 100 units to 7*). Global might be getting those missions later..... or maybe not because lol that's too generous, let's make more cash bundles instead.

Molten Core Raider
Plus don't forget that JP can use their UoC tickets to choose any 5* base currently in the game (cant choose limited or collab units though) whereas GL can only choose units that currently have been given 7* evos.

Ill post this for posterity's sake, if Gumi puts a UoC ticket in a bundle bought with cash before they do something to "make things right" regarding the missing UoC tickets from the MK event I'm bailing on the game.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Twitter.

[1/2] We received your feedback regarding the single 5★ Select Summon Ticket that is obtainable through the current event. We would like to reassure everyone that our current intention is to make at least two 5★ Select Summon Tickets obtainable every month by playing the game."

[2/2] More details on how to obtain these tickets will be shared soon. In the meantime, we humbly ask for your patience and understanding."

Looks like it will be added as a raid reward or story event reward, or perhaps a challenge reward. While this is better than only getting one--its still shitty because they took out the cheap ticket and left the super expensive grind one. They could have at least averaged the cost of the tickets, and made it 75.5k.

Also, not buying it that they planned this, lol. The extent of their plan MIGHT have been "lets do it this way and see if everyone loses their shit...if not, release the paid package with UoC".

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think I'm done... I like the game, I've got a ton of content left, but I can't fucking play it with Gumi constantly looking to suck cash out at every opportunity.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I think I'm done... I like the game, I've got a ton of content left, but I can't fucking play it with Gumi constantly looking to suck cash out at every opportunity.

Yep, as I said, I've gone full F2P. If I continue to have fun, I'll keep going. If 7 stars become a huge impediment with no relief that actively work to hurt the rest of the game, I'll just quit. Already the problem is starting to really show itself. I realized the other day that even if I spent money, like 20-30 every month, I'd still never pull on a limited time banner again...Especially given how banners are still split AND you can still get off-banner rainbows. The amount of resources to get a 7 star of a limited unit at above a 50% rate is just astronomical.

• 1Like