Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I have to hoard up a big stockpile so I can blow it all on the FF8 banner in 4 weeks, so no lucky draw pulls for me.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Who the fuck is Nabaat and why did i just waste 25 mithril to get his useless SSB
She is the leader of PSICOM in FF13. Barthandelus kills her before your first fight with him, typical FF13 thing to not have you fight an antagonist.

She is a dark mage, pairs well with Raines if you have her imperil dark stuff.

Last edited:

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well worth the 25 mythril for me, got some worthless character's bsb, Rydia and Pecil lmr and Barbariccia usb, a mage dagger with +wind damage.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Zodiark is serious business. I mastered the D280 in 26 seconds using 2 off-realm units with:

Vaan -- Thiefs Revenge, Steal Power -- BSB
Ashe -- Valigarmanda, Dispel -- BSB
Palom -- Chain Thundaja, Chain Thundaga -- USB
Garnet -- Curaja, Allegro -- CSB
Larsa -- Curada, Hastega -- BSB

Video: Zodiark D280 in 26 seconds

Larsa died really early, so it was mostly done without heals. Almost wiped at the end but I beat it with one person alive for the extra lols.

Bought Chain Thundaja and Vortex (Voltech.... lol) and honed them to r4

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Ashe USB more or less solo-ed this one with R4 Voltech (hah). Ran double healers with Larsa + Panelo, while Vaan did some debuff stuff and thief's raid (probably more damage using an element skill due to weakness) but was mostly inconsequential apart from self healing so healers could cure others.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did the D280 in 50 seconds, ill be pulling tomorrow to get some FF12 DPS items.

Vaan: Steal Power/Magic Breakdown/BSB. Keeps the boss debuffed and overwrites Brave and Faith.

Reks: Protega/6* Spellblade/BSB (haste and attack boostga). Mako Might RM.

Basch: Banishing Strike/Assault Sabre/BSB (en-Holy).

Larsa: Shellga/Curada/BSB - Legend Dive (w cast White).

Balthier: Ruby Spark/BSB. Just DPS, could have anything here, such as Ashe.

Magicite: Mom Bomb contributes to realm chain and was hitting damage cap for me, the buff helps Balthier's fire DPS and possibly Reks if he uses fire too. Also had the dampen dark one inherited with dampen dark and dark resist accessories, the promised Incubus Darkja rape was pretty tame through that.

On the D240 I skipped the damage immune phase, that's probably something to aim for to sub 30 the D280.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
God damnit

Almost decided not to pull on this FF12 banner, but I'm going to need a bit of help on the Torment. So I spent 50 of my 69 mythril stash and got...

2x Gabranth BSB

Fml lol

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
God damnit

Almost decided not to pull on this FF12 banner, but I'm going to need a bit of help on the Torment. So I spent 50 of my 69 mythril stash and got...

2x Gabranth BSB

Fml lol

Pulled again... Fran BSB x2.

FML x2

And I already had her first BSB, which is better than this one (Hyper Break vs. Full Break on entry)

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
My second pull was Basch USB which helped me get the sub 30. Not done the hardest difficulty yet due to not having much URL time but I got 45% on my first try so it's doable for me to get the 50% which I'm happy with for now.

Key to sub 30 on the middle difficulty is casting realm chain on turn one and having some of your dps also start on turn 1, this has been true for all three for me.

I also managed to skip BOTH immune phases by unloading SBs at 50%, this was Ashe OSB under enlightning from her LMR and Basch USB medium boostga, Balthier BSB and Vaan BSB - so all old DPS stuff.

Multihit abilities are also really important, Voltech was capping from the start without a 4* dive and Burning Snipe(machinist fire 6 hit)/Soul Fire(thief fire 4 hit) crept towards capping with realm chain and Balthier Legend Dive proccing imperil fire. Basch had no fire dps so he just did Assault Strike (5 hit knight) which was fine.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Final Fantasy 7 has always been one of my worst realms because I don't think I've ever pulled on an actual FF7 banner. Everything I have is mismatched random stuff from luckydraws or festival stuff. This torment is now punishing me for my neglect :(

Best I can do is 32 seconds on D280. I tried a bunch of setups, including going full in-realm, but holy shit does this realm suck with only having a single character with white 5. Anyway, the team I used to get 32 second clear on D280 was:

Rufus -- Magic Breakdown, Dispel -- no SB
Cait Sith -- Curaise, Allegro -- no SB
Aeris -- Curada, Hastega -- BSB1
Garnet -- Curaja, Shellga -- CSB
Palom -- Chain Thundaja, Voltech -- USB

Video: Jenova Torment, D280, 32 seconds

If I keep trying until I get a perfect string of dualcasts from Palom, I could probably sub-30, but 32 seconds was enough to get every reward except 30 rubies, so I'm done with this for now. I'll come back with 5* magicite passives and see if that helps.

So for the actual fight:

Unicorn is a required magicite to do it this way because I ignored the tentacles, which means Unicorn's Astra blocked the auto-confuse the tentacles use if you leave them alive. Four units on this team were total healing / buffing just so I could survive. The damage was 100% carried by Palom spamming thunder spells. Just like last week's Torment, I won this fight with 4 dead and Palom alive at 5% health with a last second kill shot, but that was good enough for mastery lols.

Sidenote: I HATE MULTI UNIT FIGHTS. Clicking on the tiny hitbox in real-time can blow me.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sinzar you are a madman doing that with 2 non realm characters, impressive work!

FF7 has been #2 chase realm after FFT because of Cloud, I can't belive you don't have his stuff! Though I think some of his banners have been fests and Kingdom Hearts?

I feel like Shelke could help given you have two characters with no SB? She can use her SB gauge to entrust.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Near as I can tell Cloud was mediocre at best until this most recent fest actually made him decent.

No way.

Cloud's USB broke the game. Even with Magicite emphasizing elemental teams, Cloud USB-focused teams were able to sub-30 most of the 3* magicite at their release.

He was insane for that era. Everything prior to his USB1 was either stupid fanboy hype or reta meta love in the early game.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Near as I can tell Cloud was mediocre at best until this most recent fest actually made him decent.
Basically because Cloud USB1 gives 100% crit he acted like he was hitting the enemy's weak element when using Omega Drive (which he can double cast). So I did most of the 3* magicite with a non elemental team and most of the difficult bosses with it for something like a year. It was the #1 DPS for a long time.

The downside was that I couldn't sub 30 most of the magicites with only 1 DPS no matter how good it was, so Sinzar's pulling approach was better.

USB1+USB2 I haven't used until today since elemental combos are better nowadays and I haven't needed Wind for a while.

Wow, Cloud soloed DPSed first two difficulties at sub 30. It's great seeing a CHASE break the damage cap :D

Cloud USB1 and Tornado Strike kills the tentacles, didn't need Astra or Protect.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmm, I stand corrected I guess. Still seems better to not have wasted crystals on Omega Drive in the first place though! I'm perfectly satisfied with bsb2, usb2, glint, and lmr.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hmm, I stand corrected I guess. Still seems better to not have wasted crystals on Omega Drive in the first place though! I'm perfectly satisfied with bsb2, usb2, glint, and lmr.
It seems like a waste now all the Torments are elemental weak and im not using it, but it carried me through all the content in the Nightmare, Torment 1 and 3* Magicite eras. Most recently it was great on the Ultima WEAPON battle. So that's like 2 years of stuff, I think that's a good investment and it's still key to any non elemental teams I'll need.

There's a better case for me wasting crystals on Dervish, Demonsblood and Affliction Break!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My only Cloud relic is BSB1 and BSB2... I've done a pull or so on various fests that he was featured, but never landed anything worthwhile. I never made Omega Drive, so I'm glad at those crystals saved now that it's fading from usefulness.

I do wish I could refund my r3 Dervish though.... I made that the second I pulled Onion's pUSB but because non-elemental it's not very good. Also Onion is an entrust battery in almost every physical team he's part of. Ahh well, with farmable crystals it's not too big a loss and maybe non-elemental comes back into style someday.

@ Chris: I tried Shelke in a few FF7 full synergy teams (she's my only dived unit from FF7) but the problem is she can wrath up soulgauge for days, but I don't have anyone worthwhile in FF7 for her to feed. I think my best DPS relic in FF7 is Cloud's BSB2..... which I tried once as my primary damage and it was horribly behind (Cloud isn't dived of course).

Chris

Potato del Grande
My only Cloud relic is BSB1 and BSB2... I've done a pull or so on various fests that he was featured, but never landed anything worthwhile. I never made Omega Drive, so I'm glad at those crystals saved now that it's fading from usefulness.

I do wish I could refund my r3 Dervish though.... I made that the second I pulled Onion's pUSB but because non-elemental it's not very good. Also Onion is an entrust battery in almost every physical team he's part of. Ahh well, with farmable crystals it's not too big a loss and maybe non-elemental comes back into style someday.

@ Chris: I tried Shelke in a few FF7 full synergy teams (she's my only dived unit from FF7) but the problem is she can wrath up soulgauge for days, but I don't have anyone worthwhile in FF7 for her to feed. I think my best DPS relic in FF7 is Cloud's BSB2..... which I tried once as my primary damage and it was horribly behind (Cloud isn't dived of course).
Yeah thinking about my shitty FF12 team which managed sub 30 I just had 3 very average DPSers (Balthier/Ashe/Vaan) mostly relying on abilities, then a buffer (Basch) and healer.

Your Cloud would fit in well as one of those with BSB2/Wind Quadstrike/Tornado Strke, but as you say can't be solo DPS without USB.

So you need two more DPS... Do you have anything for anyone else? Realms on Parade or Record Dungeon Lucky Draws?

Sephrioth/Darkness could be good because the only 4* Magicite which works with Realm Chain is Hades. Mom Bomb really helped me in the FF12 Torment with it capping due to Realm Chain.