Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
70 Monk quest was actually harder than the 67, impressive stuff for a solo instance. It wasn't like really hard but I almost died a couple of times. Got the 70monk skill and as expected, it's partly shit. It's super RNG, sometimes you get a bunch of chakra, sometimes you don't get shit. In 4mans it's especially bad if you don't have another weapon user since only the tanks will proc it, so you can literally get nothing out of it besides 5% dmg increase on the tank.

Riddle of Fire is also a pain in the dick. While before you had B4B and RS and it was simple to pop everything at the start of the fight, if you pop riddle of fire before you get 3stacks you're SLOW AS FUCK and I think it might actually be lower damage. I'm sure someone will figure it out but it seems like it'd be better to use perfect balance, stack to 3GL without using any oGCD/cooldown THEN pop everything at once. You really want to have Riddle up for all the oGCDs, but you also don't want to weave them in while you're building stacks because of how slow it becomes.

Not very impressed by monk, I think I'll level another DPS class. I feel they should QoL buff some of the new shit, Riddle of Earth should either give a stack instead of refresh(same effect but can be used even if the stacks drop before you get hit) or refresh on cast(probably too strong but eh), Riddle of Fire penalty is pretty poorly designed, Brotherhood should give you 5% dmg too and the tackle shit is really a fucking waste of a skill, I don't think any other class gets something as bad as a 30 potency buff to a 30secs skill as their only reward.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well that's exactly how MNK played in Heavensward, so...
Oh was it, I haven't played HW much and early on it was like the end of 2.0, at the end of 2.0 it was pop PB, then pop all your cooldowns while you're building and refresh dots before the buffs drop. But now it feels it's just start fight with demolish > PB > snap punch > snap punch > dragon kick + IR and Riddle > twin snakes + forbidden chakra, then dump the other oGCDs. Like you don't use any oGCD for the first 3 GCDs other than PB.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
feelsbadman still have 18 MSQuests to go through from HW lol fucking dungeon queues are rough too lol

Post in party finder instead(pf). State you need help for clear and make it unsynced. Then people can go in with max gear and steamroll it, usually lots of help in this game though it will be a little shorter than usual now since everyone is doing new expansion, but once the wall sets in again people are always running old crap

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm level 65 now, finished Ruby Sea and started Yanxia. Red Mage still seriously fun soloer, great DPS, and solid survivability with his heal and with dualcast can heal for half life.

Enjoying the Red Mage story too.

So far overall, the story feels somewhat weaker than Heavensward, but better than original game. Part of it for me is that dragons are more interesting then the Garlean Empire,

I loved the look of the dungeon in Ruby Sea, forgot the name but it was very cool looking.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
feelsbadman still have 18 MSQuests to go through from HW lol fucking dungeon queues are rough too lol
What server? On Goblin I joined one of those huge ass Free Companies who take in millions of people. We have some people going through Heavensward and ARR and our tanks and healers queue with them all the time. Heck, I did King Moogle last night with someone who needed it :) Also, as was suggested, start a PF party and put in unsynced and first time bonus, people will still flock to it. Other then ARF most of those instances are like 10 minutes unsynced.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
What server? On Goblin I joined one of those huge ass Free Companies who take in millions of people. We have some people going through Heavensward and ARR and our tanks and healers queue with them all the time. Heck, I did King Moogle last night with someone who needed it :) Also, as was suggested, start a PF party and put in unsynced and first time bonus, people will still flock to it. Other then ARF most of those instances are like 10 minutes unsynced.
I'm on Goblin also in a guild similar to that too. Wanna start a linkshell up?

Acidbather

Trakanon Raider
I have a question for anyone that would know. I tried reading up on the official site but it wasnt that clear. If I take my guy and do a server xfer to a lower pop server, does that character get an xp bonus up to level 60? My main character is on gilgamesh and you pretty much cant play on that server in the evenings right now. I already have little time to play between wife and kids, and to get a little time and have to sit through a 2-3k queue just to get in is crap.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I have a question for anyone that would know. I tried reading up on the official site but it wasnt that clear. If I take my guy and do a server xfer to a lower pop server, does that character get an xp bonus up to level 60? My main character is on gilgamesh and you pretty much cant play on that server in the evenings right now. I already have little time to play between wife and kids, and to get a little time and have to sit through a 2-3k queue just to get in is crap.

Nope. I transfered from gilg to goblin and no xp bonus.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
this worth getting into if I've never played it in my life? Is it hard to get going?

It's pretty easy to get going to be honest. Just realize there is a lot of content between you and the top. Take your time and enjoy the story. I would do some research on the class you want to play though. Eventually you can get them all, but the MSQ gives a ton of xp to the one you choose to do it on.

Needless

Toe Sucker

I'm on coeurl atm, probably gonna move back to Behemoth since gilg is way way way too fucking packed to ever open up again lol

I'll try this tonight though, thanks for the suggestions!

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Finally finished the MSQ - final boss was a good fight, terrifying to think what the EX version of that will be like if they make one.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Sure, add me, Jestor Helosian.
Okay I made it and named it Fires of Heaven. My character name is Lexi Lu so I'll send you a friend invite and then add you to the LS. Anyone on Goblin wants access to it just give me a tell in game and I'll invite you.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Best looking/stylistic MMO expansion I've ever played - some of the zones are just gorgeous and they hit the main city Kugane out of the park. They also knocked out the underwater/diving aspect so much better than say WoW Cataclysm.