Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Gunbreaker is giving me old man RSI.

Dancer is fun and feels really fluid even if there isn't that much going on.

I love the story so far, but I'm just before the first dungeon (waiting for a friend to be back from the states). Sin eater transformation cutscene was absolutely awful.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is it me or does the MSQ feel 10x longer than Stormblood's? To be clear, I don't use that pussy option called "Skip cutscene".

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
DNC gets noticeably more interesting at 72 when you get Flourish. It's only on one minute cd and lights up all your procs, so you get a good amount of fan feathers out of it(and a fan dance III proc base), so all of a sudden you can get some pretty good oGCD weaving going on especially if you stack feathers and dump them during Devilment/Technical. It is pretty slow inbetween these though but the main "kinda random" rotation isn't as boring as the usual 123 every other class does, so I don't mind too much. I'm also looking forward to the Saber Dance getting mixed in that shit.

I ran the first dungeon twice, once with Trusts and once with players. Players weren't the best and it was DNC/DNC as expected, but the tank was pulling wall to wall, still took 20mins(2nd boss seems to have way too much hp and trash in general took a while), with a 15ish mins queue(for the healer, grp was only missing that after like 8mins or whatever). While with trusts, it took exactly 30mins, with obviously no queue, so seems pretty even. You get more loot too with trusts, only one item per chest but that's still like 5guaranteed items per run, while in a party you roll against other people. Xp was the same(no penalty or anything).

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, I'm planning on doing Trusts for the entire MSQ. Mostly because I am a nerd and want to see what the dialogues all say and to see if they did any other cute things like with the L73 dungeon's final boss gimmicks for the AI. It's definitely going to be what I use for probably my DPS leveling.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Used Fantasia. That was a mistake. The option to change appearance didn't come up even though I unequipped all. And back in a 1500 queue

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I’m done for today, played too much. :)

Beside the queue at 5am and the ddos during afternoon for a little, it was pretty damn smooth launch as I had no issue.

I got the Gunbreaker and Dancer this morning but didn’t really play them past the initial quest line, Gunbreaker felt weird in the little that I played it, the Dancer felt smooth and really fun.

I spent the afternoon gathering, tried getting as many things as possible so I can use my retainers to gather a variety of things once they level a bit.

Evening was spent doing MSQ and side quests. MSQ was interesting, i did the Alphinaud quest and the side quest in that zone. I did every fate i encountered. It’s fun doing fate when there’s other people doing them too. I need to find the vendor for the fate currency as I will be full soon.

All in all. I had a really good time.

Cybsled

Sin eater transformation cutscene was absolutely awful.

Heh that was a fucked up scene. You eventually get to some follow-up on the aftermath of that.

Loving the xpac thus far. Been playing all day. Got my Samurai to 73, Carp to 72, and Miner/Botanist are almost 71. Regarding crafting, the Crystalarium Deliveries doesn't count against Custom Deliveries, but looks like they're one-off delivery quests at level tiers. Gives a fuckton of XP, though. I did 6 HQ handins and got over 10M xp. Then 2 custom deliveries (6:6) were like 12M combined or in that range.

Gear seems like it is on a trajectory where I'll be replacing my 400 ilvl gear soon. At 72 I'm getting 395 quest rewards. I do like the gear is customized for the class you open it on, so you can save it for alts if you feel like it (or use it as free retainer gear)

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well, I was wrong about dancer. I didn't think it would be anything special, but it really is pretty fun to play. Even though I have no idea what I'm doing right now. I'm not incredibly impressed with the zones so far, but I haven't seen much at all yet. Music is good as usual. Story didn't grab me at first, but it's slowly pulling me in now. Seemed like a smooth launch minus the d/c's earlier and the terrible download speed I had on the launcher. I was a little upset that the dancer wasn't a healer, but after playing it for a bit I don't mind at all. For a little while I was meleeing the mobs before I remembered it was a ranged class. It really does feel fluid.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe i'm retarded but as a warrior how the hell do I use inner beast? It seems replaced by Fell Cleave for tank stance/no stance. Is it just a stepping stone ability now?

Same thing with the aoe ability that used to be tied to tank/dps stance

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Maybe i'm retarded but as a warrior how the hell do I use inner beast? It seems replaced by Fell Cleave for tank stance/no stance. Is it just a stepping stone ability now?

Same thing with the aoe ability that used to be tied to tank/dps stance

Inner Beast lost its damage reduction and Steel Cyclone lost its healing so yes, they are just stepping stone abilities now.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
■ Voices during battle are not working correctly when Type #7 is the voice chosen for Viera.

Rest easy Viera voice 7 players, you voice just hasn't been implemented yet!

Used Fantasia. That was a mistake. The option to change appearance didn't come up even though I unequipped all. And back in a 1500 queue

Apparently alot of people used fantasia before the servers went down for the update and everyone that did so lost theirs.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got it working later at night. Bunny more activated
Did you do chocolate bunny? If not you are wrong.

Hit 73 last night. Playing Scholar so everything was instant. First dungeon I had to Rez 5 times on the first boss. Tank was getting hit like a truck for most of the dungeon so I healed a lot more then previously. I basically got to dps if the tank remembered he had cooldowns or if my faerie gauge was full. Lots of fun mechanics in the first dungeon but fuck man are people stupid.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I had to crash after hitting 71 on my dancer I guess i'm getting old and I can't do 24+ hour gaming sessions anymore

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had to crash after hitting 71 on my dancer I guess i'm getting old and I can't do 24+ hour gaming sessions anymore
Haha man I was thinking the same last night. It hit 2AM and my eyes were closing on me.

Not a chocolate bunny. Also the blue hair looked rad in the char creation but remarkably less rad in the real world. Wish I went white

I still think the inner beast and other abilities being in my ability book is bothering me. You can't even add to your hotbar, they still show up as fell cleave, etc

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Haha man I was thinking the same last night. It hit 2AM and my eyes were closing on me.

Not a chocolate bunny. Also the blue hair looked rad in the char creation but remarkably less rad in the real world. Wish I went white

I still think the inner beast and other abilities being in my ability book is bothering me. You can't even add to your hotbar, they still show up as fell cleave, etc
You'll get them if you do synced content that's lower than Felcleave and shit, at least if it's like other stuff. It's like Stone I/II/III for WHM and so on, or Rage of Halone for PLD now(once 60, Rage of Halone gets upgraded to Royal Authority, instead of being its own thing). You can kinda consider them gone. A WAR example from before was Berserk, which wasn't used once you had Inner Release.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I woke up this morning, 1.5M richer, not too bad considering the most Gil I have ever had is 8M, made about 1/5th of that in a day.

I guess most people aren't leveling crafters though, since only 2 items sold...all rest didn't move, not just for me but the sale history was empty, like White Oak Logs has no sale history.

Sadly, I won't be able to play too much today, have to go at my dad for a family party this afternoon.