Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
i am just getting service unavailable on the pre-order redemption shit. Anyone mind linking the site they entered their 18 dig code and got a 20 digit NA code from?
I did this:

1. Go tohttp://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com
2. I chose English-UK, because I'm Canadian and I say coloUr, eh.
3. Logged in, typed in my 18 character code.
4. Got an RAAU code back.
5. Profit!

I'm not sure if choosing English-UK made the difference, but when I chose English-US previously, it didn't work.

Brash_sl

shitlord
My game dissapeared on my account today. There support chat said I registered on the wrong site. And my code will work again. I wonder. This all makes me a sad panda. I thought 3102 was bad.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol word travels like lightning that its working and bam huge rush to the webpage again :p

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
My code is clearly registered, but I can't see any indication on my SE account that it is there. Might have something to do with my having registered 1.0 back in the original beta, because I have a 3 year old registration for FFXIV, so... who knows. I'll find out on Saturday, I guess.

I tried entering my code again just in case, and it says it's already used.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Welp, I think it's properly registered. I got the 20 digit one and entered it on the redemption screen. Says my game is registered with mog cap and cait sith doll, etc, but my account confirmation stuff still looks the same. *nm on the RAAU RAAE thing. WAS RAAU, YAAAAAA*

Stave

Potato del Grande
So what do I do with this RAAU key? I clicked the alternative link and typed it in there, and it is bringing up this

Please confirm the details of the service account for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Pre-Order Code Windows(R).

Service Accounts
FINAL FANTASY XIV
Permanent Options
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Test Windows(R)

Service Option to be Added
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Pre-Order Code Windows(R)
Mog Cap
Cait Sith Doll Minion
Am I supposed to add this to my beta or what?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So what do I do with this RAAU key? I clicked the alternative link and typed it in there, and it is bringing up this

Am I supposed to add this to my beta or what?
Yes, those are the bonus items that come with preorder early access. Although after successfully entering it there is no visible change to your service listing.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
This time getting error 3 was less permanent. I just re-entered it a few times and it went through.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if anyone needs an EU head start key, my extra one from yesterday might still work. Shoot me a PM if you want to give it a try.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's shitty because not all ability-animations are the same length, and I don't honestly see where those are listed anywhere. So in order to keep all of the GCD locked abilities constantly running, I can't use my instants unless it won't go through that time frame. If the heavy animation is .8 seconds, bloodletter is .8 second, and Misery's end is 1.2 seconds, then I'm past the GCD. So I end up having to do heavy shot, wait, bloodletter, wait, heavy shot, wait, misery's end.

Somehow instant isn't really instant.

This, exactly. I love the animations, but if I want to clip them, then let me fucking clip them for gameplay reasons.
Yeah I noticed this plenty, although it didn't feel game breaking. I wonder if it's their way of forcing/wanting you to enjoy the animations or the slower combat pace. Don't get me wrong, I love Bloodletter's animation, I just want to be able to know I can get a Bloodletter and Misery's End in between the GCD. Hopefully it's something they address at some point.

Brash_sl

shitlord
anyone have the EU site to redeem the early access code? was giving me the wrong site. I made and EU account to get into beta 3.0(some turkish web site promo).