Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Stopping the sale of the game is a pretty bold move.

They actually did this way back when with the re-release of the game with ARR. I am 90% certain my buddy and I bought our keys from some grey market website cause square wouldnt sell us one and, god dammit, we werent gonna be told we couldnt play.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
On the other hand "no automation" is the hard line from goat for plugins requests, he pretty much cares about this point. If something you ask for could be interpreted as automation, you just get told to fuck right off and any talk about it is banned from the Discord server.

Dalamud (the plugin system, which is NOT XIVLauncher) and all current plugins are open source, so obviously nothing is stopping some people from coming up with their code branches and do something that is considered automation, but I fail to see how that's the creator problem.

Then again, SE has said multiple times that they will never scan your PC for that shit, so I don't think there is any worry to get flagged for using it.

It's not a very hard line if you create the issue and then just don't allow people to talk about it around you.

I don't want it to sound like I'm against automation either, this is just kind of a heads up, should SE ever feel like tackling the problem that XIV launcher causes, solving it would be pretty simple and would require no scanning of a customers computer.

In a super simple manner, all they would need to do is add an additional data set send if you are using the Official launcher that confirms the game was launched VIA their launcher. if their server doesn't receive that, they still let you in but flag your account for additional in-game checks.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Final trial meme:

1639684846138.jpg

• 10Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Krowbar

Molten Core Raider
I've been trying to do the first trial in normal mode on my 560 MCH and have died every single time in 5 fights towards the end. I want to be able to clear it without dying before I try the extreme. How has everyone else been doing this fight?

I used to be good at mechanics in WoW which I quit right before the shadowlands patch but I didn't realize I was this slow. This trial is kicking my ass. :/

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man getting those last accessories is such a pain. Just did 5 runs on my tank and not a single accessory I needed dropped(I still need 2 on tank, 1 on healer, 1 on caster, 1 on melee). Gonna have to use totems once I have enough I guess, just annoying cause I'm almost done farming EX stuff, just need a couple more accs. Or 10kills I guess but I hope I get some before that.

I've been trying to do the first trial in normal mode on my 560 MCH and have died every single time in 5 fights towards the end. I want to be able to clear it without dying before I try the extreme. How has everyone else been doing this fight?

I used to be good at mechanics in WoW which I quit right before the shadowlands patch but I didn't realize I was this slow. This trial is kicking my ass. :/
You just kinda need to get used to how it works, it's hard to explain. That said even though I get it right most times, I still eat a vuln every now and then. It's fine really, quite often the entire raid gets a vuln but it's still easily healable, just the 2nd fail results in death if you don't let the vuln drops. Also you can absolutely just follow ppl around in EX. Might die every now and then but it's really not that bad to do.

Chris

Potato del Grande

The constellations are upside down is usually what gets most people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Krowbar

Molten Core Raider
Man getting those last accessories is such a pain. Just did 5 runs on my tank and not a single accessory I needed dropped(I still need 2 on tank, 1 on healer, 1 on caster, 1 on melee). Gonna have to use totems once I have enough I guess, just annoying cause I'm almost done farming EX stuff, just need a couple more accs. Or 10kills I guess but I hope I get some before that.

You just kinda need to get used to how it works, it's hard to explain. That said even though I get it right most times, I still eat a vuln every now and then. It's fine really, quite often the entire raid gets a vuln but it's still easily healable, just the 2nd fail results in death if you don't let the vuln drops. Also you can absolutely just follow ppl around in EX. Might die every now and then but it's really not that bad to do.
Just did the run again and died once at the stars but I think I have it figured out. It's a lot easier to do as MCH because I just get rezzed in. I don't want to die as a healer and cause a wipe when the stacking aoe begins.

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Just did the run again and died once at the stars but I think I have it figured out. It's a lot easier to do as MCH because I just get rezzed in. I don't want to die as a healer and cause a wipe when the stacking aoe begins.
I usually ask if anyone is on pro-status and mark them and just follow them around. After 3-4 completions you'll understand every aspect of the fight if you just look around when following the lead. I think the EX version is pretty similar. Few more kinks, but can still follow someone around. I'm about to ding 90 and will give it a whirl.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah I tried it a few times today and got to the enrage, it's the same as normal except that there are Quetzacotyl concepts with donut aoe you stack on, more overlapping mechanics and the add phase which is just a dps check while avoiding stuff. I haven't seen the enrage phase though.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The constellations are upside down is usually what gets most people.
I don't know if I'd call them upside down, but basically someone explained it as a waffle toaster kind of thing, the constellation is the lid, and it just "closes" on the arena. So the top of the constellation is the far side from it and the bottom is the close side.

There's only like 4 patterns though it feels like? So you kinda get used to it after a bunch of runs. The safe spots are also never disconnected from one on the next constellation safe spot, so you can pick any of them, then 2nd one you pick the connected one(generally middle, although once in a while middle isn't free but I feel 3 out of the 4 patterns middle is free or so? feels like it at least), and then the last one. You definitely have time to follow people though if you're not finishing a cast or whatever. Also helps a lot if after the first one lands you pop sprint so you can run to the next 2(and also sprint out of the big swipe that comes right after on the 2nd constellation phase). That or you have a SCH and they can just pop the party sprint for that phase it lasts the whole thing easily.

But this fight can 100% be cleared if you have at least one person who knows the mechanics and you just follow them with a marker over their head, that's how simple it is really. Even if they fuck up once in a while it's fine as long as they don't fuck up the constellations.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
if you have at least one person who knows the mechanics and you just follow them with a marker over their head
Do this as a tank and don't tell people about the tank buster. Good for a laugh once!

• 1Worf

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The pacing on this expansion is way off. Got my first class to 90. Still had a ton of 89 MSQ to go so got my second class to 89 and picked up where I left off. Hit max with like 6 more quests to go. Whelp, time to work on the next 89...

Cybsled

Pacing is fine if you just do MSQ and flight path unlocks. I hit 90 on my main right towards the end of the final zone.

If you're doing roulettes and shit, then ya you will outlevel

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
This is kind of out there but is Kojima the guest designer for the alliance raids this go round? The stealth missions, quick time events in the possed body, frozen outpost, excessive expository, and those final knock out puches in that post 3rd trial duty sequence screamed MGS in my head.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The pacing on this expansion is way off. Got my first class to 90. Still had a ton of 89 MSQ to go so got my second class to 89 and picked up where I left off. Hit max with like 6 more quests to go. Whelp, time to work on the next 89...
89 is exactly the same amount of xp as the levels before, besides 80. It's 10 quests exactly(every level is 10quests, other than 80 being 20 since it splits into 2 as usual), which is about 5m xp, not even half the xp needed for 89 to 90. There is a dungeon run too which is like 3.5m xp or so, so you're somewhat close to getting a full level IF you run every single 89 quests on that char. So sounds like you're just mixing up a bunch of roulettes and stuff, and yeah that'll happen. Do the roulettes on other classes instead?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nearing the end of the MSQ on PLD and looking at what next to level.

How are people finding RPR? It's either level that or take DNC to 90 as I can't face healing for a while.

Also, tried running a few 70 dungeons on PLD at 80 and now at 90 and they didn't seem noticeably faster. Did they significantly nerf the unsynced performance on old content?

Malkav

French Madman

Oh god yes. Finally got my last one as SMN yesterday, but still need one fending and one slaying. Only got one aiming and 0 healing so far.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
The healing ones are mostly piety tho, so not sure you want that crap. Not only healers are nearly useless on regular content, but their itemisation is really bad.