Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

axeman_sl

shitlord
If they do 4 of these patches a year
They won't, that would be absurd. It would surpass every MMORPG in the history of the genre for content development, and we're talking about a studio that's specifically known for being awful at maintaining their MMOs. They're making moves with their first major patch because they simply have to, it's the content that should have been in the game at launch as well as critical fixes to a bunch of things that were so far below par that it was a joke. This isn't something they'll be doing every three months on the regular, not even WoW does that. This isn't them generously delivering an amazing content patch soon after release, it's them being months late with things that should have been in at release.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy shit dude give it a rest. Even utnayan said his peace and stopped bitching on this game a while ago, take the hint. You have nothing new to say.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Nah. It was broken. Way, way too easy to get to 50 in any craft just by buying HQ shit and handing it in. I did 4 crafts from low level to 50 in ~5 days, and I wasn't even buying the finished product, I was making pretty much everything myself.

This will make finishing the last few crafting classes much more of a pain in the ass, but oh well.

Also, xivpads doesn't update nearly often enough, my combat classes aren't even right and they've all been 50 for a while now. Derp.

Faddor_sl

shitlord
Completely disagree. Even though I'm done with it for now , it's a stable and fun game that's much better than most of the bullshit released in the past 5 years.

It's well worth the low box price and another month or two sub depending on your speed.
You're just flat wrong, as even those with many (many, many) 50's will attest to clearly in this thread. When things become this obvious, it's no longer an opinion, it's objective fact that FFXIV is below average (though you may be of the opinion you like it anyway - I like a shitty game or two, it's OK to admit it).

First: FFXIV was so fucking terrible that it completely failed, went free (of sub), and had to be redeveloped.

Then, after being developed a SECOND time, FFXIV was still below average, or badly below average, on almost every front except for art assets, visual and audio execution, atmosphere, etc. The customer service, launch, and security was/is borderline criminal. When you compare this game to the quality of available PC titles that not only cost less to buy, but HAVE NO SUB FEE, it is not debatable.

FFXIV is fucking garbage as a game, but pretty. We all know it would have already failed before even making it to relaunch as ARR if it didn't have the Final Fantasy franchise stuck on it and was just some random fantasy IP.

$20 on Steam will get you content of a vastly greater quality.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
God, it's like constant verbal diarrhea with some of you. If the game isn't your cup of tea, say your bit and move on.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I don't see how people consider it below average for a MMO? If you want to be critical of the game just say it offered nothing new or special. It isn't a giant killer or revolutionary but the game delivered at the very fundamental level of MMO's. I really enjoyed it for what time I played it. I'll probably even come back when time allows. I cannot think of a game that has done any better in the last 5-6 years.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
FF14v2 is better than any MMO that has come out since WoW. It only barely beats GW2 in my book because it has substantive PVE/Item Progression content.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Someone, for the love of all that's White Mage Holy, look into exp values for battlecraft/GC leves after servers come up, thx. I'll be behind at least a week due to internet reasons. (Plus, Duty Roulette rewards.)