Final Fantasy XV (PS4 / XB1 / PC)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Isn't FF15 only supposed to be around 50 hours tops? I thought I remember the director saying that, and usually that tends to be a bit optimistic.
SO5 is really short as well according to JP reviews, like 40 hours at most.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
SO5 is really short as well according to JP reviews, like 40 hours at most.
SO has never ended at the end - Usually the bonus dungeons take hours and hours of leveling and gearing up to complete.

The wait mode they introduced into FF15 is interesting, i may end up using that over the full on action type.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Hopefully he's just referring to the story itself. I'd certainly hate to be informed that the game in its entirety - story, side quests and postgame - can be completed in 50 hours.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
SO has never ended at the end - Usually the bonus dungeons take hours and hours of leveling and gearing up to complete.
Don't know about that, the reviews I read said there's little in the way of post-game content this time. There's definitely nothing even remotely like the 700-1000 hours of pure masochism involved getting SO4's platinum.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Don't know about that, the reviews I read said there's little in the way of post-game content this time. There's definitely nothing even remotely like the 700-1000 hours of pure masochism involved getting SO4's platinum.
That would suck - maybe its just on disc DLC thats currently locked until we make a small donation of 15.99 to download the 2kb file to unlock it!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok so I downloaded Final Fantasy X and X-2. (PS4) Started playing X yesterday. They did a really good job on the graphical remake. So far the character building and story is pretty good. I like the combat system, and the upgrade system for skills - I also like the fact I only have to worry (At least so far) two items - a weapon and a piece of armor for each party member. I love the spell effects and combat effects so far too. I am only about 3 hours in. My only complaint is the protagonist is a whiny little bitch.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Ok so I downloaded Final Fantasy X and X-2. (PS4) Started playing X yesterday. They did a really good job on the graphical remake. So far the character building and story is pretty good. I like the combat system, and the upgrade system for skills - I also like the fact I only have to worry (At least so far) two items - a weapon and a piece of armor for each party member. I love the spell effects and combat effects so far too. I am only about 3 hours in. My only complaint isthe protagonist is a whiny little bitch.
Isn't this a staple for FF tho starting with 7? (even tho 7 is still GOAT)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Dunno I do not remember 7 that well, and I haven't played any other FF games aside from 11 and 14 for a very brief sting and those are MMORPG's so don't really count. I love some of the other characters though. The tropical island guy rocks and reminds me of my bartender "Dr. Pete" while on a cruise to St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I tell myself that too but you still gotta play from Vaan's perspective
frown.png

turbo

Molten Core Raider
IMO this is a universal FF constant. bummer but you learn to get over it.
No whiney bitches in FF3 for SNES baby! Terra be straight up killer bitch border line hot lesbo, King Edgar be a player, Shadow fucks your mom before he kills you just to see you cry before death, and behind Cyan's thee's and thou's lies a bad MOFO with a mustache.

Aftet that....shit went down hill fast.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ok so I downloaded Final Fantasy X and X-2. (PS4) Started playing X yesterday. They did a really good job on the graphical remake. So far the character building and story is pretty good. I like the combat system, and the upgrade system for skills - I also like the fact I only have to worry (At least so far) two items - a weapon and a piece of armor for each party member. I love the spell effects and combat effects so far too. I am only about 3 hours in. My only complaint is the protagonist is a whiny little bitch.
Oh god, just wait until you get the the laughing scene. Not enough cringe in the world for that

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
CLoud has some emo stuff that is tied into his backstory (a lot of it comes out during the Lifestream sequence). Now Squall, that mofaka was a whiney bitch. Except all his whining was in his head and wasn't voiced acted. But talk about an emo-terrible protagonist.

Vaan wasn't that whiney I don't think, he was just not a good main character (especially since his story is basically done like 10 hours into the game. Not derailing on how he and Penelo were added in at the last minute!).